Ruling Lt. Surge vs. Porygon2

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
In unlimited if you use on t1 of the game Broken Time-Space to evolve a Porygon into Porygon2 and use Porygon2's Download ability to copy Surge's Strategy's affect and then discard it, do you get to play 3 supporters during your turn or would the T1 Supporter rule override Surge?

ADP Big Rat

150/350
You wouldn't be behind on prizes so the effect wouldn't work for one. Secondly, yes, even if you managed to put yourself behind on prizes you wouldn't be allowed to play any supporters after copying Surge because of the T1 rule.

Nyora

A Cat
no supporters means no supporters. You would not be able to play a supporter card on your first turn with this. Nor by the effect of BTS + Dual Brains Magnezone.

The Almighty Bidoof

You wouldn't be behind on prizes so the effect wouldn't work for one. Secondly, yes, even if you managed to put yourself behind on prizes you wouldn't be allowed to play any supporters after copying Surge because of the T1 rule.
you hypothetically can through the use of something like Magneton CEC or Mismagius UNB. I'm curious though because you can cheat other rules such as BTS and Fast Raid so why is this different?

ADP Big Rat

150/350
you hypothetically can through the use of something like Magneton CEC or Mismagius UNB. I'm curious though because you can cheat other rules such as BTS and Fast Raid so why is this different?
Because those cards specify that they break certain rules. Surge breaks the 1 supporter a turn rule, but not the 1st turn supporter rule. If you can't play a supporter to begin with, you aren't allowed to play 3 either

Mora

Don't Panic
For reference.

179827.jpg

Honestly, there's zero support for the Unlimited format, and the first turn Supporter rule change was so recent, if you happen to find yourself in an Unlimited game, I say go for it. Ask your opponent about playing Supporters on the first turn. I personally dislike the rule change, and I definitely think it shouldn't apply to the Legacy format. But that's just me being salty.

The Almighty Bidoof

Because those cards specify that they break certain rules. Surge breaks the 1 supporter a turn rule, but not the 1st turn supporter rule. If you can't play a supporter to begin with, you aren't allowed to play 3 either
Surge says you can play 3 supporters this turn just like BTS says you can evolve as many times as you want during your turn. They're worded very smilarly