Loyal Three, Kiernan, Carmine, and More Cards from “Mask of Change” Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon Japan has already started posting cards from Mask of Change following the reveal of the set this morning. This is despite Crimson Haze, the next set, not even releasing in stores yet.
All Mask of Change cards will release in our Twilight Masquerade set in May, which was also revealed this morning. This is probably why Pokemon Japan has started revealing the cards on their end.
Mask of Change will release in Japan on April 26th.
Thanks goes to JustInBasil and Toine L. for the translations...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Does luminous energy work the way I think it does here? Would Okidogi hit for 170 with a basic fighting and a luminous energy attached?
No because Luminous energy can be only 1 type at the time and attack requires FF. Luminous energy can't be both darkness and fighting at same time

Oh my God they FINALLY printed a Grass supporting Trainer card!! The actual Grass type pokemon themselves aren't too great yet but at least now they've got SOMETHING!!

Also don't underestimate Kieran! Switch as a Supporter isn't great, but +30 Damage is fantastic! And it has the versatility to be either when you need it!

Carmine might actually be good, it's a worse professors research but with the power to bail you out of a bad start if you go first. I'd definitely try it; all these cards are pretty good! I think Okidogi is the worst of the three, but it's not bad

Kieran is extremely good - anything that couples with a switch effect is usually playable and his second mode is very good (except it doesn't use the "Rule Box" designation because lmao).

Fezendipity could try to fill the attacker void, and throw a couple darkness energy in and meme on your opponent!
Imagine they’re trying to set up some epic KO string with LM Sableye and you just start sending the damage back their way with Munkidori ?

The Loyal Three repping their secondary types but receiving some kind of bonus for using [D] energy is actually exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see their first cards do!

Hopefully their ex cards will have some cool synergy with each other + Pecharunt ex. I think it'd be amusing if they each prevented/punished your opponent for using a certain type of Trainer card and then Pecharunt ex had a Poltergeist style attack. It's more likely they'll revolve around Special Conditions, though.

Last edited:
Back