• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

LostGar (Gengar ~~Duh) BR

Sensei

3rd Place Cities - T-Tar
Doesn't seem to lose. Will need some fixing when the format changes - but that's the future. It won't be long until we don't see pretty lists like this anymore.

4-2-3-1 Gengar (1SF, 2TM)
Smeargle UD x3
Spiritomb TM x1
Jirachi UL x1
Crobat G PL x2
Azelf LA x1
Uxie LA 2-1
Unown Q MD x1

Lost World x3
BTS x2
Bebe's x2
Collector x2
Looker's x3
Seeker x3
Cyrus's Conspiracy x2
Palmer's x1
Luxury Ball x1
Communication x2
Rare Candy x3
SSU x2
PokeTurn x4

Psychic Energy x6
Rescue x1
DCE x1

I guess you just play the standard LostGar strat. I added Looker's Investigation so I could take out Mr. Mime (COL). I've always liked the whole Looker's idea, it just never served too much of a purpose in any of the decks that I've played him in other than this one (see your opponents hand before you waste a turn on "Hurl Into Darkness").

The only downside I can see right now is that there are no Junk Arm cards. This isn't such a big deal since I've seen an increased interest in the "Trainer Lock" strategy (you would have a hard time playing Junk Arm and any other trainer if you are matched with trainer lock).

To play this like me, you'll need to work on two different paths: winning with Lost World AND Gengar's damage spread (Time Hollow + Cursed Drop combo). Winning with Lost world is the most difficult way to go about this deck. You need to remember two things: Don't use "Hurl Into Darkness" unless you know your opponent has Pokemon in his/her hand (use Seeker to be sure, or Looker's to see the hand before you attack), and also, when you KO a Pokemon with Gengar Prime, that Pokemon goes to the Lost Zone instead of the Discard pile (if the Pokemon is a Stage 2, the basic+Stage 1+Stage 2 go the Lost Zone!). Keeping these things in mind while sticking with this strategy will help you to have a pretty steady goal while playing this complicated path.

The other strategy is the "Hollow Drop" method (Jirachi's Time Hallow + Gengar's Cursed Drop). This is where you put damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon (defending OR benched!) and then remove the uppermost stage evolution from those Pokemon. This is what happens: Skiploom's HP is 60. Gengar uses Cursed Drop and puts 4 damage counters on Skiploom. Gengar is knocked out. During your next turn (your opponent has not evolved to Jumpluff for some reason, just so I can illustrate my point XD) you bring up Jirachi and use Time Hollow. This will devolve Skiploom to Hoppip with 40 HP, Hoppip is Knocked Out!

This is not too hard to pull off, but can be pretty tricky at times, that is why I added Crobat G. He can do so many wonderful things for this deck. He can add a few hits to those who need a damage counter to "benefit" from Gengar X's Compound Pain attack, or he can help you with the "Hollow Drop" - your call.[/size][/font]

The deck is really good, but you should take out DCE (why is this needed?) and 2 SSU (it's not needed with seeker) for 1 Rescue Energy (very useful), 1 Seeker (why don't you have 4?) and 1 free space. Maybe you could add Mr. Mime, 1 Psychic Energy or another Smeargle UD.

Thank you!
I will take these things into consideration. I am still tweaking and fixing. But your bring up some good points.
Amituofo!

are you trying speedlostgar or lostvilegar?if speed lostgar you need palkia g lv.x and poketurn so you retreat gengar use palkias power and poketurn and repeat until your opponent has six pokemon i tried this at league with someone elses deck and got six in 3 turns i just didnt have lost world in my hand.lostvilegar needs vileplume and heavy spiritomb with gengar stormfront to lock trainers lostzone pokemon and against sp take them out with gengar sf and vileplume.these are the best lost world gengars decks i can help you better if you tell me what you want

Actually, LostVileGar isn't that good idea, because:
1st- It's a slow deck, so they can easily take pokémon out of their hand.
2nd- LostGar has a problem with time, so the decks HAVE to be fast (because LostGar doesn't take prizes, when time's over it always loses).

I've actually found that the way this deck works, I can take prizes AND win with the Lost World, almost at the same time. As crazy as it may sound - this seems to be the best LostGar because it can keep up with the decks that take prizes to win. I've won every way with this deck (donk, prizes, lost world, etc).

I'm looking forward to BR - but i'll be playing T-Tar (only guy who does well with it in AZ)

Uhh, lol?

I'm not sure on a couple of the ideas in this deck. Tbh, I think Vileplume is the better option when going for this kind of deck because they won't be able to keep T/S/St out of their hand in addition to Pokemon. An Uxie Lv.X and bumping up the Rescue Energies/Pokemon Collector are some additions to think about. I'm not really sure why the DCE is in there when really nothing uses it effectively. I also suggest Spiritomb AR instead of Smeargle UD if you're dead set against Vileplume because early game lock is still fine as well and can set you up for some nice early game Prizes and set up.

dmaster out.

I see what you're saying, but this deck has worked so far REALLY nicely. I wanted to try something new, something different than the old Vilegar deck.
SOoo, keeping that in mind, what would you do to make THIS deck better?

I already said what I would do to make the deck better...You can take it or leave it.

dmaster out.

ok i am try to play a gengar mix deck it has helped me alot it counters sp and evolved decks since its got 2 strat.
1gengar lv.x
1gengar prime
1gengar ar
1gengar sf
1haunter ar
1haunter sf
1haunter tr
4gastly sf
1vileplume ud
1gloom (ud or la-grass)
1oddish (la both are good just choose what you think is better)
4spiritomb ar

with this you have:
gengar sf+vileplume+spiritomb=sp counter and high item count decks
gengar prime+gengar ar+spiritomb=stall with tomb till you got both up attch NRG to gengar ar pull attack and if you knock them out dont stay use gengars added effect and switch to prime and zone that pokemon.you take prizes and zone and got counter for sp the reason for haunter like that is they all come in handy depending on what deck you are up against. hope this helps

Are you really still using Rare Candy with the new Black-&-White rule? It's
nearly worthless now that you can't play it on first turn or evolve a stage 1.
I also agree with the DCE comments. I think that's four cards you could
change out without effecting your strategy at all.

I would think about some specific card dawning power like Victory Medal
would be a good idea. There are times when you just have to have one
specific card for the win.

~

I disagree about Vileplume tho it's just going to clog the deck. If your seeing
allot of trainer locks in your meta tech a Regice or use a Seeker to get rid of
the lock and lost world like mad.

LOL, everyone just change totally his deck idea. It is like saying:" Oh, I see, you are playing Vilegar. Why not randomly change your deck to Luxchomp? This is very good help. Take it or leave it."

This is not help at all. He want to improve his Lostgar, not change his deck to LostVilegar.

I have to desagree with your list. You play Gengar SF for what? What about DCE? 4 Poketurn is overkill. Just put 2 or 3 would be enough. You have Seeker and SSU anyway.

I would strongly suggest to play a other Jirachi, because it seems to be 1 of your attackers.

Having 3 Smeargles is pretty stupid. Why not only 1 and another Jirachi (and something else).

Seriously, I wonder how do you win your matches. You takes 3 turns to kill a Stage 2 to send 3 cards in the LZ. Then, you waste 2 other turns to damage other Pokemons and randomly KO them out with Jirachi (with the help of Crobat). It doesn't even make sense. You may took some prizes but your point is to LZ 6 Pokemons. Because if you want to win with a 4 damage counters every turn on your opponent's Pokemon with 2 energies, your opponent's has to be REALLY slow. Focus on 1 thing instead: LZ.

wang zitong said:
LOL, everyone just change totally his deck idea. It is like saying:" Oh, I see, you are playing Vilegar. Why not randomly change your deck to Luxchomp? This is very good help. Take it or leave it."

This is not help at all. He want to improve his Lostgar, not change his deck to LostVilegar.

Why don't you actually try to READ my post? I didn't once say play a totally different deck. I presented options for him to take including Vileplume as a tech and MANY others. I think you need a brain check if you think I suggested a totally different deck as Luxchomp.

dmaster out.

wang zitong said:

I have to desagree with your list. You play Gengar SF for what? What about DCE? 4 Poketurn is overkill. Just put 2 or 3 would be enough. You have Seeker and SSU anyway.

I would strongly suggest to play a other Jirachi, because it seems to be 1 of your attackers.

Having 3 Smeargles is pretty stupid. Why not only 1 and another Jirachi (and something else).

Seriously, I wonder how do you win your matches. You takes 3 turns to kill a Stage 2 to send 3 cards in the LZ. Then, you waste 2 other turns to damage other Pokemons and randomly KO them out with Jirachi (with the help of Crobat). It doesn't even make sense. You may took some prizes but your point is to LZ 6 Pokemons. Because if you want to win with a 4 damage counters every turn on your opponent's Pokemon with 2 energies, your opponent's has to be REALLY slow. Focus on 1 thing instead: LZ.

Best advice I've been given so far. Thanks man. I'll make the changes today. I've been thinking about the extra Jirachi. And I NEVER use Gengar SF - he is for SURE coming out. Thanks again.

^Glad I helped. Just tell you that you should play with 1 strategy instead of 2. You already said (if I remember correctly) that you usually can win both LW and Prizes at the same time, so why bothering put 2 strategies? Anyways, this is probably the kind of deck YOU only know what to do in a certain situation, so there is not much help, besides the consistency part, like play 4 Smeargles, or just play 1. You know what I mean...

@Dmaster

That was an example of what you were trying to do. You suggest Vileplume with Spiritomb combo. Then, both lines put together equals 10 cards (2-2-2 Vileplume with 4 Spiritomb). What comes next? If I put those (cheap) trainer lock cards, I can't play my trainers, which are the main cards of my deck because the goal (I think) of this deck is LZ or cheap kill with Crobat G and Cursed Drop, or a Devolution combo. Poketurns gone, SSU gone, rare candies gone (not really because of Spiritomb but anyway). If Poketurns are gone, I am going to take out my Crobats. If those (annoying) Pokemons are taken out, my Gengar Prime combo does not work well. What I do? Take them out for Gengar SF. TADA! I have a (Lost)Vilegar deck. Thx for your help.

BUT, I have to agree with Dmaster that you should pump up the number of Rescue and Collectors. Meh for Uxie X (I know it is good, but too expensive and not worth it. He would play it in every deck if he bought it so...).

1. They're most certainly NOT cheap. Check your facts.

2. There's a thing called Seeker that lets you play your oh so precious Trainers.

You're putting words into my mouth and comparing it to bad examples. I don't appreciate it.

dmaster out.

Sorry, then Dmaster. You are totally correct, ok? I really don't want to mess with you.

Back