• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lostcario (Mew/Lucario)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
4 Relicanth (CL)
3-3 Lucario (PL-CL)
4 Mew Prime [TM]
2-1 Uxie Lv.X (LA-LA)
2 Absol Prime [TM]
1 Mesprit (LA)
1 Azelf (LA)
1 Unown Q (MD)
1 Machamp (SF)
1 Umbreon (UD)

25 Pokemon

3 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Broken Time-Space
3 Seeker
3 Judge
2 Bebe's Search
2 Expert Belt
2 Pokemon Rescue
1 Palmer's Contribution

22 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums

4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Psychic Energy
1 Darkness Energy

13 Energy

Strategy
Use Relicanth to dump a lot of Pokemon into the Lost Zone while drawing three cards for each Pokemon you put into the Lost Zone. So he's basically your starter. With that, Lucario can do more damage with his Dimension Sphere attack, doing 30 damage plus 20 more damage for each Pokemon in the Lost Zone. Mew is a secondary attacker. Depending on what I put into the Lost Zone, I can either use Lucario's Dimension Sphere for damage, Machamp's Take Out for one-shotting Pokemon SP, or Umbreon's Moonlight Fang for some stalling. Mesprit power locks, and Absol is my Gengar counter.

Fun deck. Inspired by deepcr0w's list.

This is not a bad idea at all, but Mew Prime is easily taken down by Lost World, and I know that is negotiable.

Other than the fact that Mew Prime Deck is easily defeated now, the Deck list is perfect in my eyes. Only perfect if you want to know that you can get Lost World'ed.

I say if you want to use a Mew Prime Deck, then make sure taht you never put more that 1 or 2 Pokemon in the Lost Zone, you will regret it.

Hope this post helped out and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to PM me.

@Glaceon: I don't really think he needs Uxie. Relicanth is enough of drawpower that Uxie would be of no use.

And I would mix 1 Rescue Energy and one Pokemon Rescue. You won't have to waste a Pokemon Rescue and you return Mew right to your hand, and it isn't Trainer Locked. Just my two cents. :)

Seems like the funnest thing ever. Consider a Machamp SF, for the occasion you might need to take out(Rainbow Energy)?

I'm aware that this deck has a poor Lostgar matchup. Again, this is a fun deck, not a deck that I would bring to States.

@glaceon: I have Uxie.
@Yoshidude: I'd rather keep two Pokemon Rescue so I don't have to waste another turn attaching Energy. While most attackers are 1-2 Energy attackers, I'd still rather attach to charge up another Pokemon.
@Zangoose: I already have Machamp SF and Rainbow Energy.

Lol sorry. Didn't see that :p. Looks fine. Is this your states deck?

Sorry.

No it's just a fun deck. IMO it's a little too risky to bring to States, since it has a really bad Lostgar matchup which will make a big showing there.

I also even said that this is a fun deck, and posted that I would never bring this to States ~Gliscor

I feel honoured. I think it'll be an immensely fun deck to play (Most Tool-box esque decks are)
Definitely could be turned into a decent states/provincials deck, depending on the meta.
(Mostly SP up here, although a bunch of people at league are tryin' Lostgar and variants)

Maybe you could try adding a 2-1 line of Absol G LV.X to counter LostGar, in which you should probably scrap the idea of using Lucario and Mew as your main attacker. Keep Absol Prime, but he's kinda risky because he can one shot Gengar Prime, but will put a pokemon in your lost zone. If you're playing against LostGar and you KO there Gengar Prime, don't revert to using Mew Prime and Lucario, because they will use Lost World.

I decided to drop the PONT for Judge. Early in the game, Judge could heavily disrupt my opponent, and Relicanth/Mew can already provide me enough drawpower after Judge with Prehistoric Wisdom. The only downside is that I have less odds of drawing a Pokemon, but with 25 Pokemon, I should be fine.

@heyboy963: Adding Absol G Lv.X and scrapping Mew/Lucario would kind of be a complete deck change, which is something I don't want to do. I could, however, drop the Absol Prime for 1-1 Absol G Lv.X. Or, for laughs, the Absol Prime for Lost World against any Gengar Prime/Mew Prime builds.

I would drop 1 Mew Prime for another Darkness Energy or another Trainer/Supporter. I just don't think you'll need that many since you have Mew, Lucario, and Absol for attackers. Have you considered running Jumpluff as another lost zone tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back