Lost Zone

Sonic Gal

Poke and the Man!
This sounds very interesting. There are now two piles where you place defeated Pokemon.

What do you guys think of this?

I so wish they didn't come up with this.

One, it's a broken advantage. You just can't replace the cards.
Two, if they allow you to take them back, then it's like playing Yu-Gi-Oh again. I don't want that. It's no different from playing with two separate discard piles.

In fact, Palkia G LV.X doesn't even need to defeat Pokemon to send them to the Lost Zone...

I sort of like it actually. But I do agree with zyflair that its a lot like two discard piles. In my opinion, this could help keep the game interesting, only really strong Pokemon can (most likely) send stuff to the "Lost Zone".

I don't know what else to say... I like it, but can still find huge flaws in it. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

^^True that. Hopefully it won't last very long last like the "Place a shock marker" gig. <----- That was only in one set, same with react energies.

Yeah, you know what, I bet this is the only set that will have cards involved with the Lost Zone. You just reminded me of shock markers, and react energies got old fast. I can definitely see the Lost Zone ending up like those two, just another strategy to keep the fun going.

GC have plenty of Pokemon using the Lost Zone.

And it bothers me.

Dialga G LV.X drags energies into Lost Zone.
Palkia G LV.X forces Pokemon into Lost Zone (like Dusknoir forces Pokemon back, only with Palkia you can choose).
Giratina LV.X spreads for 30 and KOs Pokemon into the Lost Zone.

I don't like the look of this...

Hopefully, they make cards that you could get cards back from the Lost Zone, but if they don't. I guess all deck's will be revolved around discarding cards into the Lost Zone.

Sonic Gal said:
Perhaps it will be like delta species; it will appear here and there.

Um, Delta Species popped up several times during the EX era. And they had the wicked Holon engine. If Galactic's appeared like that all the time, that's what we'd be playing for a while...

Please, you expect the company to go:

"Hey, they don't like it. Let's all forget this stupid Lost Zone idea!"

I highly doubt it.

It is something that really changes the game, and I think most people would agree that its more of a game changing thing then react energies or shock markers were. But that doesn't mean it has to stick around forever! The way I see it, three things could happen:

1. They keep it for awhile and then eventually drop it. (I hope)
2. It stays until they come out with a new game, and there's brand new Pokemon and cards.
3. It becomes a major part of the game. (Which I doubt. And I hope it doesn't)

zyflair said:
Um, Delta Species popped up several times during the EX era.

Which is what I said. Lost Zone related cards may only appear in every other or two sets, like delta species.

I personally think it will only pop up with Pokemon who have a connection with the thorn world - ergo; Giratina, Dialga and Palkia, the trinity of DPT legends. And those cards aren't even that great anyway, generally being too costly to set up.

Lou Cypher said:
I personally think it will only pop up with Pokemon who have a connection with the thorn world - ergo; Giratina, Dialga and Palkia, the trinity of DPT legends. And those cards aren't even that great anyway, generally being too costly to set up.

Thorn world? XD

"Aaaaagh, I cut myself again!"

Also, pokemon needing too many energies? Having Slow Deck Syndrome? Give Blastoise and Delcatty a call on the Galactic's Conquest helpline! Just call 1337 1337.

That said, a Stage 2 and a Stage 1 is a sort of a counter-productive way of making a deck faster... But when what your powering up is only a basic Lv X, it shouldn't be too hard.

zyflair said:
GC have plenty of Pokemon using the Lost Zone.

And it bothers me.

Dialga G LV.X drags energies into Lost Zone.
Palkia G LV.X forces Pokemon into Lost Zone (like Dusknoir forces Pokemon back, only with Palkia you can choose).
Giratina LV.X spreads for 30 and KOs Pokemon into the Lost Zone.

I don't like the look of this...
I'm beggining to realize that the 2009 Worlds will look like those with Sneasel (Neo Genesiss) and Slowking (Neo "something")... it will be just way overpowered and undefeatable... unless that's what people are gona think untill a random player appears with LA Luxray and starts nuking with 150. ^^

Haha, you'd expect that nearly everyone forgot that guy, considering how they all are staring at GC. But I think Luxray will come back someday too.

Luxray OHKO's anything (not Rhyperior Lv X, though) for 3 energies and has to discard 2. Sure, 150 damage sounds nice, but it's not as powerful as it sounds.

Back