News 'Lost Thunder,' America's November Set!

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Format wasn't specified, so I included Expanded.

BuzzShrine runs about 12
Malamar runs about 12
Rayquaza runs about 12
Zoroark runs about 12

and the whole format is vulnerable to Garb anyway

These decks BARELY meet the minimum. And you have to get them all removed. I don't see how that's even managable.

I agree, people do make some crazy stuff happen. I've done enough proxy testing with HAND and DAMAGE and DAMAGE is the only one I'd even consider. HAND can't work as an OTK and it's a bit counter-intuitive for a control deck. I'm not even considering MISSING. I've played a bunch of alternate wins decks in Magic and Yugioh. You need to control as much on your own end as possible to bolster consistency; when you include the opponent in the equation (in this case, your dependency on Supporters in their deck), it invites a slew of problems. And in a Regional, any opponent worth their salt will figure it out G1. 2 and 3 will be the least fun.

Where it stands right now, I don't think there's even close to enough support in Standard to build a successful MISSING deck. If you see something in it, be the change you want to see.

These 3 alternate win conditions were made to be super difficult to achieve, considering that the last one they printed was a bit easy to achieve.
I will concede that it actually didn't really occur to me the supporter counts were so low, until I started counting mine. I tend to run higher supporter counts to specifically avoid Trashalanche, which could be a trend that comes back if people get sick of it again. But then again I also refrain from running counts of cards a lot of people run - enchanced hammer is something I almost never play for example - but I can see how they would have too low of counts. In that case though I don't see any of them being viable at all except for fun, period. I'm curious about that loop you mentioned, mostly because I'm skeptical of being able to safely amass all that damage without repercussion and want to be proven wrong.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
LADY, LADY FULL ART, FINALLY, if this is a lie I will be so angry cause they have tricked my heart, if it is true I’ve been waiting since forbidden light for this card and it’s so beautiful I don’t want this to just be a lie in the making

Sorry to disappoint but full art Lady isn't in. In exchange though, all the trainers that were questioned in the news story are in (Professor, Aether Employee, React Hammer, and Net Ball).

VuDu-JuJu

I can't wait to play 4 Electri(c?)Powers and knockout Brosquito with my free 30-base damage attack from my [L] Pokemon. TAKE THAT FIGHTING POKEMON.

Actually hold on, that's honestly bugging me that we don't seem to have clarification on whether it's "Electric Power" or "Electripower". Do we? It's listed as "Electric Power" in this article, but in a previous article revealing Ampharos-GX, the card in the article (which was included either for reference or because it's reprinted) and the translation on Ampharos say "Electripower".

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I will concede that it actually didn't really occur to me the supporter counts were so low, until I started counting mine. I tend to run higher supporter counts to specifically avoid Trashalanche, which could be a trend that comes back if people get sick of it again. But then again I also refrain from running counts of cards a lot of people run - enchanced hammer is something I almost never play for example - but I can see how they would have too low of counts. In that case though I don't see any of them being viable at all except for fun, period. I'm curious about that loop you mentioned, mostly because I'm skeptical of being able to safely amass all that damage without repercussion and want to be proven wrong.
https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/th...vile-sts-klefki-sts-magma-secret-base.148109/

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
The more times I read up on the new cards, the more interesting deck ideas I want to put together.

VuDu-JuJu

This is actually really interesting, if not as unstable and potentially ruined by some odd damage or inability to setup as any other crazy win deck would be. A lot of good points were brought up - odd damage numbers and Alolan Muk can ruin everything if you don't have ways of getting out/rid of them - but I still actually really like the concept from a creative standpoint. I do wonder how long it would actually take to perform every action required to win in irl if your opponent forced you to actually perform them...i.e., I know Pokemon games can be timed, and if I made my opponent manually move each card and single damage counter every single time - if it would run out the clock eventually...haha.

DeadDraw

Draw -> Pass
Faba seems like it'll really shake up expanded; any deck that runs DCE as its only energy type (Zoroark and Night March) will need to keep this card in mind.

Trent Piland

Aspiring Trainer
I will be very disappointed if Professor Elm's Lecture is not included in this set.

I cannot wait for this set!

I am most looking forward to Prof. E L, Ditto PS, FA Judge, Alolan Ninetales GX, Giratina, Counter Gain, Custom Catcher.

The lost march deck will surely be awesome to play as well as the Magcargo-GX & Blacephalon-GX decks.

Then all the random cards like Morty, Lusamine PS, the Stadium PS and so on

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Update: It turns out full art Lady has been cut from the set, which means Net Ball, Professor Elm’s Lecture, and React Hammer are all in! React Hammer has been renamed but we don’t know its English name yet. It is unknown if and when full art Lady will be released in English.

ICEdaddy

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This set is sooo big. I started reading it on my lunch break and it seems like practically dinnertime now.

On a more serious side, Shuckle-GX just seems right for exploitation somehow with a good hit and run attacker and a bunch of hammers or things that send your opponents energy to the lost zone. Maybe Slowing Typhlosion Lugia GX, or Girafig.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
that unknown with the lost mixer though could be a quick game.
your also forgetting that prism star supporters count, just discard them and they become in the lost zone automatically. Standard might be more difficult, but probably can use a bunch of leles to get them out, the thing is if you need 4 or less unowns, adding lele might prevent you from having unown as active. lost mixer+ ultra balls+mysterious treasure, ability to search your deck for supporters.
expanded have better options, battle compressors, junipers,,,etc. this card might even get banned, because expanded can get 12 into thier lost zone easily compared to standard.
unown hand might be doable, but you will have to draw a massive amount of cards, probably useful with lele again, whitney, and kahili. this will most likely take more than 1 turn to accomplish, probably use a high hp drawing card like lapras gx? however judge can easily disable this strategy.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I’m trying to imagine why TCPi apparently has such a grudge against Lady - did she accidentally spill coffee on them or something, and they were like “Well, I guess no international release of your Full Art for you, then”?