News 'Lost Thunder,' America's November Set!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
If we don’t get Aether Foundation Employee, I’m not going to be happy.
Props to WPM @steffenka for figuring out the three possibilities.
I hope the pull rates are good.

Last edited:

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
that unknown with the lost mixer though could be a quick game.

How, exactly?

the OPPONENT must have the bevy of Supporters in the Lost Zone, not yours.

Currently, MISSING is the LEAST viable Unown alternate win condition

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
Best artworks ever in my opinion. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Lady but I'm glad to know that her full art will finally be in English.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Best artworks ever in my opinion. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Lady but I'm glad to know that her full art will finally be in English.
It's not official that she'll be in yet (one of the guesses), but I thought she would fit in, since we're bound to get her one way or the other :p

Ashblaze

Full Art Supporter Hunter
LADY, LADY FULL ART, FINALLY, if this is a lie I will be so angry cause they have tricked my heart, if it is true I’ve been waiting since forbidden light for this card and it’s so beautiful I don’t want this to just be a lie in the making

Duke Erebus

Aspiring Trainer
Girafarig + Trumbeak + Slowking + Unknown MISSING = a deck that I will lose so many games with, but will be so satisfying when it works.

Seriously though, there are a lot of interesting effects amongst these cards that could be fun to incorporate in (like Typhlosion's and Meganium's abilities, Toxapex, Dedenne (Nuzzle shenanigans)), plus some other entertaining strategies (Shuckle + Ho-oh, Miltank).

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
How, exactly?

the OPPONENT must have the bevy of Supporters in the Lost Zone, not yours.

Currently, MISSING is the LEAST viable Unown alternate win condition
Strongly disagree, in fact it's probably the easiest of them to pull off. I strongly doubt there are going to be many circumstances in which you'll have 66 damage counters without losing some to knockouts, and same with having a 35 card hand before it gets disrupted by a Judge or Marshadow. 12 supporters in the lost zone however is cake with Trumbeak, Girafarig, and a handful of other tech choices (Hiker + Trumbeak anyone?).

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Strongly disagree, in fact it's probably the easiest of them to pull off. I strongly doubt there are going to be many circumstances in which you'll have 66 damage counters without losing some to knockouts, and same with having a 35 card hand before it gets disrupted by a Judge or Marshadow. 12 supporters in the lost zone however is cake with Trumbeak, Girafarig, and a handful of other tech choices (Hiker + Trumbeak anyone?).

If we are talking Expanded, MISSING will never happen between the speed of things and the fact that a lot of Expanded decks either play exactly 12 Supporters or less--if they do play 12, good luck getting them all removed. Standard is a crapshoot. Any alternater win condition that relies on the opponent doing something will NEVER do good. Especially when it has to do with certaind eck construction. You literally lose if they (unintentionally) constructed their deck in a certain way.

There's actually an Expanded DAMAGE deck that incorporates a loop that gets 66 damage counters on the board. It is the most viable of the Unowns. The deck is pretty fragile, but it can actually win on its own accord.

Hand is doable, but not very well. N, Judge, Marshadow, Ace Trainer are all things. And I've already tried an OTK with it; not happening. But it at least doesn't rely on the opponent's Supporter count within their deck.

VuDu-JuJu

If we are talking Expanded, MISSING will never happen between the speed of things and the fact that a lot of Expanded decks either play exactly 12 Supporters or less--if they do play 12, good luck getting them all removed. Standard is a crapshoot. Any alternater win condition that relies on the opponent doing something will NEVER do good. Especially when it has to do with certaind eck construction. You literally lose if they (unintentionally) constructed their deck in a certain way.

There's actually an Expanded DAMAGE deck that incorporates a loop that gets 66 damage counters on the board. It is the most viable of the Unowns. The deck is pretty fragile, but it can actually win on its own accord.

Hand is doable, but not very well. N, Judge, Marshadow, Ace Trainer are all things. And I've already tried an OTK with it; not happening. But it at least doesn't rely on the opponent's Supporter count within their deck.
Of course we're not talking expanded, Paralell City alone would force you to sacrifice your board. In standard, most players run more than enough to get it off, and if they don't then they already know they're susceptible to Trashalanche, which would be handy as a backup.

VuDu-JuJu

Honestly it doesn't make much sense to look at a set and start pointing out everything that can't happen. People have pulled creativity from the cracks in any card game, and people here tend to shirt on cards that end up being game-changing (Gardevoir-GX anyone?)

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Of course we're not talking expanded, Paralell City alone would force you to sacrifice your board.

Format wasn't specified, so I included Expanded.

In standard, most players run more than enough to get it off, and if they don't then they already know they're susceptible to Trashalanche, which would be handy as a backup.

BuzzShrine runs about 12
Malamar runs about 12
Rayquaza runs about 12
Zoroark runs about 12

and the whole format is vulnerable to Garb anyway

These decks BARELY meet the minimum. And you have to get them all removed. I don't see how that's even managable.

Honestly it doesn't make much sense to look at a set and start pointing out everything that can't happen. People have pulled creativity from the cracks in any card game, and people here tend to shirt on cards that end up being game-changing (Gardevoir-GX anyone?)

I agree, people do make some crazy stuff happen. I've done enough proxy testing with HAND and DAMAGE and DAMAGE is the only one I'd even consider. HAND can't work as an OTK and it's a bit counter-intuitive for a control deck. I'm not even considering MISSING. I've played a bunch of alternate wins decks in Magic and Yugioh. You need to control as much on your own end as possible to bolster consistency; when you include the opponent in the equation (in this case, your dependency on Supporters in their deck), it invites a slew of problems. And in a Regional, any opponent worth their salt will figure it out G1. 2 and 3 will be the least fun.

Where it stands right now, I don't think there's even close to enough support in Standard to build a successful MISSING deck. If you see something in it, be the change you want to see.

These 3 alternate win conditions were made to be super difficult to achieve, considering that the last one they printed was a bit easy to achieve.

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
So much to play with in this set, it is kind of insane. Will be a lot of fun to see the types that get played.

With the new grovyle, I'll probably try sceptile + jungle totem venusaur. Even with the consistency boost, probably still terrible to run two stage twos, but it will be a lot of fun when it works...maybe even throw in naganadel to accelerate energy - 200 damage for 5 energy attachments total would be pretty cool.