Looking to Make a Deck with M Pidgeot-EX

wingedarcher7

#1 Hawlucha fan
Hey, everyone. I'm a new player to the Pokemon TCG so I'm not very experienced with creating decks. M Pidgeot-EX is coming out with Evolutions and I would appreciate if someone could help me build a deck with him.

I know he isn't considered the best and I'm not expecting the deck to be competitively viable, just something I can bring out to play against friends, have fun with, but also not constantly lose. I want it to focus on M Pidgeot-EX just because he's a favorite of mine and I have much more fun with a deck that feels personal to me.

If anyone can lend a hand or even just suggest a few things that would give some good synergy with M Pidgeot-EX, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Well energy acceleration is good for any deck, so I think Yveltal (XY, GEN, STS) would be a good partner; and with Mach Cyclone for 130 damage and switching the opponent's benched with the active, I assume the goal of making a deck based on Mega Pidgeot is going to revolve around spreading damage. It might have better play in expanded than standard, but hey I dunno though.

Well energy acceleration is good for any deck, so I think Yveltal (XY, GEN, STS) would be a good partner; and with Mach Cyclone for 130 damage and switching the opponent's benched with the active, I assume the goal of making a deck based on Mega Pidgeot is going to revolve around spreading damage. It might have better play in expanded than standard, but hey I dunno though.
I'll be sure to take this into consideration. I might try it with Yveltal for a while and see how it works. Just to be sure, you mean the one with Oblivion Wing, right?

I brought up the idea to some friends and they recommended Winona, which I'm definitely going to write down. I think it'll go well with the deck and help with Shaymin-EX too.

try playing the yveltal fright night fro breakthrough to hit the bench pokemon when they go to the bench

@wingedarcher7

One advantage you have with playing Pidgeot EX is that it is a Colorless type which means you can pair it with other other Pokémon types easily. So, do you have a 2nd and/or 3rd favorite Pokémon? Although Pidgeot EX and/or M Pidgeot EX may be your main attackers, you may still want a secondary attacker.

Another sometimes used deck-building strategy is to have a secondary Pokémon line that covers the Weakness of your main Pokémon line. Since your future deck will revolve around Pidgeot EX and M Pidgeot EX, these Pokémon are Weak to Lightning Pokémon attacks; so, you could incorporate Fighting Pokémon to cover your main Pokémon against that particular threat. Several F Pokémon you want to review are Carbink (Safeguard version - can "wall" opponent's EX Pokémon) and Garchomp (free retreating Stage 2 Pokémon that can inflict some serious damage for only 1 or 2 energy).

As mentioned previously, should you want to build a deck that takes advantage of Pidgeot EX's Mach Cyclone damage-spread attack, then the Yveltal (BKT), as well as the Yveltal (GEN) can both be used with their Yveltal BREAK that inflicts 120 damage onto the Defending Pokémon in addition to 30 damage onto the opponent's wounded benched Pokémon. The bad news: Yveltal BREAK requires DDD energy for this attack, and these Pokémon are also Weak to Lightning Pokémon attacks. On the other hand, there are some good news to: there are some very nice D Pokémon that you could also leveraged besides the Yveltals too; there is a Stadium that you could use that will boost the damage output of D Pokémon attacks; and you can include Max Elixir (Item) that can help accelerate Basic energy attachment. These are some nice options that can be quite advantageous.

I'm sure there are other viable combinations too; so, part of the deck-building fun is to experiment with different combos till you find something you particularly like. As a starting point, peruse the Pokémon Data Base and the Deck Garage Forum to see if any particular Pokemon interests you as a potential partner to your Pidgeot EX line. Next, draft a deck list and submit it to the Deck Garage Forum for additional deck ideas and/or improvements. Build and test your deck even if you use proxy cards; revise it thereafter; playtest more; revise the deck... till you are satisfied with that build. Then get the cards you may need to complete your deck.

By the way, should you even have an idea that you might want help exploring, such as combining Pidgeot EX with Yveltal (or any other Pokémon), then state that in a response to this post and I will draft a deck list(s).

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back