Help Looking for a Nagenadel/Turtanador List

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
I heard about this concept from a post on the " best nagenadel user" thread and liked the concept. Does anyone have a list or a skeleton I could use to work on the deck?

I'm gonna try and whip up a skeleton for you real quick. One of the problems I'm gonna try and solve is how to accelerate energy to Turtonator efficiently, as I forsee the 3 energy cost to be an issue. Any initial thoughts while I work on the skeleton of how to do that would be apreciated, but I'm thinking a mix between Kiawe and Energy Switch to be a possible solution.

I'm gonna initially structure like another Shrine / Single Prize Attacker deck (minus the shrines initially) and tweak it from there.

Alright, here's an initial skeleton of what I think should bare minimum go into the deck

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 3 Turtonator DRM 50
* 1 Turtonator-GX GRI 18
* 3 Poipole LOT 107
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Naganadel LOT 108

##Trainer Cards - 26

* 4 Sightseer LOT 189
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 2 Energy Switch CES 129
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 2 Kiawe BUS 116
* 1 Heat Factory {*} LOT 178

##Energy - 10

* 10 Fire Energy 2

Total Cards - 47

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The first thing that should be noted is there isn't a whole lot of flex for this list, essentially just 11 cards to play around with (which should include some sort of draw or other support Pokemon).

My thought of how you get this list to function is to try to set up either a first turn Kiawe (if you go first) or to go for Turtonator GX's GX attack to setup energy for your other Turtonator to attack turn 2 and on. This way, turn 2 you can get your Naganadel up to try to stream the rest of your attacks. Fortunately for Turtonator's dragon type, we can pretty efficiently play Mysterious Treasure to search out everything minus Turtonator GX, so including something like Nest Ball to search Turtonator GX besides Ultra Ball should be a consideration. Energy Switch is there to try and stream Turtonators better in the case they get knocked out, allowing you to use Naganadel's energy to power up attackers mid-game.

As for an example of how to fill out the shell, here's what I've come up with:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 3 Turtonator DRM 50
* 2 Shining Ho-Oh PR-SM SM70
* 1 Slugma CES 23
* 1 Turtonator-GX GRI 18
* 1 Magcargo CES 24
* 3 Poipole LOT 107
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Naganadel LOT 108

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Heat Factory {*} LOT 178
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Switch BLW 104
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 2 Kiawe BUS 116
* 4 Sightseer LOT 189
* 2 Energy Switch CES 129

##Energy - 11

* 11 Fire Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

My support Pokemon of choice is Magcargo, as it does allow you to perhaps choose 1 of tech cards and access pieces you need, which shouldn't be difficult with Acro Bike and Sightseer in deck. I added Switch so that it becomes easier to setup a Turn 1 GX attack. Shining Ho-oh helps as an alternative 1 prize attacker that also helps preserve energy on field with its ability and potentially power up Turtonators, making it a worthy Turn 1 Kiawe target as well.

Give me your thoughts, this literally was whipped up in a few minutes so it definitely needs a lot of work.

Edit: items/supporters from memory include 1 of beast ring (prob would have played 2 but I only own 1) 1 heat factory, 1 kiawe if you get to go first to load up a turt, 4 UB, 4 treasures, 2 ultra space, 1 devoured field 4 Cynthia, 2 sightseer, 2 guzma, 1 pal pad, 2 choice band, 10 fire energy (though I'd probably play 12 now), 1 fiery flint

Back