Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The daily reveals for Triplet Beat have begun! The TCG’s first Lokix and Nymble cards have just been revealed.
The set will release in Japan on March 10th. Its cards should become part of our unnamed June set.
Nymble – Grass – HP50
Basic Pokemon
[G] Thrust Kick: 30 damage. Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Lokix – Grass – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Nymble
[G] Assault Kick: 30+ damage. If this Pokemon evolved from Nymble during your...

Continue reading...

wiredogg

Aspiring Trainer
This reminds me of the Golisopod attack, only better. It allows the utility option to determine an attacker in the active. No wasted resource and efficient. I definitely want to see an Ex card. Possible single prize attacker in future meta decks.

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
could be interesting against dark decks hitting 280 with a vitality band for just 1 luminous energy, but it's a bit much to put together

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
If Lokix (and Mabosstiff for that matter) isn't prominently featured in a set, then this game should be shut down. They better tread carefully.

🌻𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐢🌻

🌻𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫🌻
Definitely a good action shot card art for Lokix but it leaves a lot to be desired competetive wise! Even if Forest Of Giant Plants doesn't get banned on release of gen 5 and 6 card sets for tcg live and you pair it with devolution spray this card simply doesn't have enough damage output to be of much use! Let us just hope the EX variant proves to be a bit more versatile! (=

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
if anything this sets the tone for future Lokix cards. I'd love to see an ex equivalent, even if it just means more damage and/or staying power.

LightYearLiam

I quite like Lokix and Nymble. The cards are just OK. There have been a lot of cards with a similar effect as Assault Kick, including about 5 in the SwSh era, so it's just not very interesting. 130 for 1 could be good if it was a Basic, I suppose, but for a Stage 1, no way it's worth it. RCL Scizor had the same attack for 10 less damage and it obviously was never played.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I'm just gonna copy-paste this comment under every new Pokemon where it applies, if you feel the need to design Pokemon that hit above their own HP, then their own HP should be higher.