Lock deck fun!

mrwillster

Accelgor will be my salvation.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/database/hgss-series/hgss1/44/
http://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/database/hgss-series/hgss4/92/
http://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/database/hgss-series/hgss4/29/

alright, due to the increase in intrest in lock up decks, i thought i'd through mine out there. the 3 cards uptop all hav potential to make a successful deck whose purpose would be just to piss ur opponent off. thats it. now i kno u'll be saying that "oh.....inconsistent" well just imagine this. 4 iggies, 4-3-3 pidgeot and 3 celebis, start out with iggy and stall. thats all. get a pidgeot out as fast as can and stall some more. while all this stalling is occuring, energize celebi. when a pidgeot gets KOed, send in a celebi, charge a new pidgeot and bring it out. with the use of rescue nrg and 4 each of rare candy, collector and communicator and DCE, it seems rather viable, at least in my area.

criticisim is excepted, but dnt completely doom it cause u kno, in the back of ur head, that there is some small feeling that wants this to work. peace :cool:

The problem is that no matter how many times you use Headwind, your opponent will be able to attach enough energy. And Igglybuff is okay, but keep in mind, it's only 1 energy more.

Yanmega compleatly stops this deck from working. Headwind does not affect it, and it can snipe around celebi.

You know, there are cards such as Switch and Reversal, also Yanmega[readpostabove]. It won't work, I'm sorry.

Another problem with this deck is the damage output. Pidgeot does 20, Celebi does 30, Igglybuff does 0. Think about this: Pidgeot takes 5 turns to KO Zoroark, Cincinno, Jumpluff, Mandibuzz, and Umbreon, 6 turns to KO Yanmega, 7 turns to KO Reshiram, Zekrom, Blastoise, Magnezone, Kingdra, Feraligatr, and Typhlosion, 8 turns to KO Emboar, Machamp, and Tyranitar, 9 turns to KO Wailord, and it cannot KO Donphan or Samurott. Celebi is a little better, but not a whole lot. 3 turns to KO Mandibuzz, Jumpluff, and Umbreon, 4 turns to KO Zoroark, Cincinno, and Yanmega, 5 turns to KO Reshiram, Zekrom, Blastoise, Magnezone, Kingdra, Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Machamp, and Emboar, 6 turns to KO Tyranitar and Wailord, 12 turns to KO Donphan, and 14 turns to KO Samurott. Then think about how the opponent can get around you. Any deck with a DCE slaps that on their pokemon and Pidgeot is useless. Reshiram and Zekrom, very common decks, easily OHKO Celebi (and Pidgeot too). Blastoise, Mandibuzz, Yanmega, and any other snipers I might be forgetting just pick off your bench. If you have no bench, they just bring in a pre-evolved form and kill Celebi. Any deck with Kingdra Prime can kill Celebi, granted, it is slow, but Celebi is just as slow. Donphan can use Earthquake to put 5 damage counters on a benched Flail Phanphy then switch the Phanphy in for the OHKO. Basically, every deck in the metagame can play around this.

^way to ruin my fun:( jk. i just to make this and test it. i would not really be aiming to knock out but to stall and annoy. i would use lost remover and junk arms to do the dcl away. i condone you on taking the time to write all that tho. very impressive.

Back