• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lion's Pride (Luxray AR/Luxray LA)

heyboy963

I am NOT cute!
I am a big fan of Luxray (not as big as Gliscor, but I'm not willing to make a Gliscor deck becasue the cards are bound to be rotated soon, and I don't think the Gliscor UD is very good anyway...) and I wanted to create a deck revolving around it. I was orignally running only Luxray AR, then decided to add in Luxray LA as I managed to get my hands on one at the Call of Legends pre-releasee (as a trade).
Moving on, here is the full deck list:

4-2-4 Luxray (3 AR, 1 LA)
4 Spiritomb AR
2 Porygon-Z G

Pokémon ~ 13

4 Rare Candy
2 Pokémon Communication
2 TGI Poke Turn
3 Expert Belt
1 Lucky Egg
3 Bebe's Search
2 Pokémon Collector
2 Twins
3 Cyrus Conspiracy
1 Palmer's Contribution
3 Seeker
1 Copycat
2 Department Store Girl
2 Sunyshore City Gym

Trainers ~ 31

8 {L} Lightning
4 {C}{C} DCE

Energy ~ 12

Total Cards ~ 60

Strategy: Start off with a Spiritomb and hopefully two Shinx on bench, or one shinx and a pokemon contest hall. Darkness Grace one Shinx into a Luxray LA, pokemon contest hall to get another shinx with a belt. Darkness grace to Luxray AR. Start hitting hard with Luxray LA or Luxray AR. Porygon-Z G to get lost Tools back into deck for Department Store Girl to search out.

Any questions? Comments? Feedback, negatvie or positive is always welcome

-1 Pokemon Contest Hall
-1 Pokemon Rescue
-2 Rescue Energy

+2 Uxie (LA)
+1 Palmer's Contribution
+1 Unown Q

Pokemon Contest Hall might help Luxray do damage, but it could also help your opponent too much as well. It gives SP decks a free Energy Gain without having to Cyrus for it, and it gives any other deck the fast Expert Belt bonus. Also, in a deck like this, Rescue Energy and Pokemon Rescue are outclassed by Palmer's Contribution since it provides a better recovery. Uxie helps with fast drawpower, and Unown for retreat.

Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure the unown q will be for the spiritomb, seeing as all the luxray in my deck have free retreat.

Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure the unown q will be for the spiritomb, seeing as all the luxray in my deck have free retreat.

Considering I've made a deck similar to this, I'm going to take in some of your ideas for possible improvements since it's currently untested. But I'd like to make a suggestion that I've put into my deck. Only problem is that I wouldn't be sure what to remove since it would vary depending on how many you'd consider adding in.

My suggestion is the Raticate from AR as it seems to compliment decks that use a lot of tools (and that's the theme behind my deck). It's main offensive move normally deals 20 damage for a single energy, but with a tool attatched to Raticate (the aim of my deck is to use Lucky Eggs with Raticate) that 20 gets a +40 boost to make a quick and fairly simple secondary/early attacker. If you were to add this strategy into your deck, you'd want to add in as many Rattata's and Raticates as you deem necessary as well as a few more Lucky Eggs. I prefer Lucky Eggs over most other tools with this pokemon because it can act as a secondary draw engine once Raticate gets KO'd and doesn't sacrifice an extra prize as an Expert belt would.

I hope this gives you something to think about with this deck.

-1 Palmer's Contribution
-1 Porygon Z G
-3 Copycat
+1 Twins
+3 Cyrus' Conspiracy
+1 Professor Oak's New Theory

With two Poketurn, Cyrus' will get you plenty of tools. Twins gets you Stadiums and Tools, and Cyrus' gets you Twins and Department Store Girl. Professor Oak's New Theory is better than Copycat and with Cyrus' you need less.

-1 Pokemon Communication
+1 Seeker

You run a Spiritomb deck.

@yougirasu thanks for your idea, but I think i will stick to my main deck strategy. I don't think I have the space for a Raticate tech

@Pokemunkulys thank you for your ideas, but I prefer copycat over pont, even though it is very situational. SP decks generally have very large hands, no? and they also definitely run lv.x's, so I can make use of luxray LA's body.

I have, however, taken into consideration your suggestions.

@Gliscor Thank you for your suggestions as well, but I don't like using cards about to be rotated unless I already own those cards.

Also, uxie is pretty expensive, and I don't like using it.

Back