Levincia Gym Leader Iono Introduces Bellibolt, the EleFrog Pokemon

You're totally right, it's completely reasonable to expect the trailers and marketing material for a game to be unrepresentative of the product they're trying to advertise.
Who knows, we might even get an online shooter on release.
assuming the ratio of Spanish sounding words/references : non-Spanish sounding words/references is consistent between marketing and the game itself (which is not something I'd assume, but that seems to be what you're doing here) and that the trailers offer a representative sample of the game (again, your assumption, I don't necessarily agree with this) means that the measure of Spanish influences in trailers will be proportional to the main release. To be correct in your assertion here, you'd have to demonstrate that there existed proportionally more cross-cultural references in previous lead-up marketing, and that this corresponded with proportionally more cross-cultural references within the games they were selling, and also when compared to this one. How can you do that without playing the game?

To be clear, I don't disagree with your premise that the marketing so far has not been very "Spanish." Do you think it is fair to extrapolate that lack of influence to the whole game when we've been shown comparatively little relative to other regions?

To be correct in your assertion here, you'd have to demonstrate that there existed proportionally more cross-cultural references in previous lead-up marketing, and that this corresponded with proportionally more cross-cultural references within the games they were selling, and also when compared to this one. How can you do that without playing the game?
I don't have to do anything, because it's not my job to represent the game, but the trailer's. To be clear, I don't believe marketing material is truly representative of the game, but that (if it isn't massively blundered) it is of the same quality or better. Assuming that there will be a massive shift in gameplay, art style, features, etc. between a trailer released close to the release date and final product is wishful thinking at best and delusion at worst.
I'm not really invested in this (literally, Pokemon Y is the only Pokemon game I've bought with my own money), but I do find funny the trend of saying "they will change it!". If it's in promotional material close to release, the chance that they will change it is outrageously low. And given that we're talking about something as basic as the theme and art style, with plenty of evidence to the contrary, it is basically impossible.

I don't have to do anything, because it's not my job to represent the game, but the trailer's. To be clear, I don't believe marketing material is truly representative of the game, but that (if it isn't massively blundered) it is of the same quality or better. Assuming that there will be a massive shift in gameplay, art style, features, etc. between a trailer released close to the release date and final product is wishful thinking at best and delusion at worst.
marketing material for games is so often a cinematic explicitly designed to be nothing like the final product of the game. That's not a massive blunder, that's AAA.
I'm not really invested in this (literally, Pokemon Y is the only Pokemon game I've bought with my own money), but I do find funny the trend of saying "they will change it!". If it's in promotional material close to release, the chance that they will change it is outrageously low. And given that we're talking about something as basic as the theme and art style, with plenty of evidence to the contrary, it is basically impossible.
well I didn't say they'd change it at any point, soooo

marketing material for games is so often a cinematic explicitly designed to be nothing like the final product of the game. That's not a massive blunder, that's AAA.
I said that it's the same or better. If what you have to show is worse than the actual game, then yes, it is a blunder.
But a bold move to call Pokemon an "AAA".
well I didn't say they'd change it at any point, soooo
You're asking me how I can assume that what they're showing in the trailers is representative of what we'll get in the game. I'm saying that this is the definition of the trailer, to show what you're about to buy (and hopefully hype you up).

I said that it's the same or better. If what you have to show is worse than the actual game, then yes, it is a blunder.
most trailers aren't gameplay...?
But a bold move to call Pokemon an "AAA".
I didn't.
You're asking me how I can assume that what they're showing in the trailers is representative of what we'll get in the game.
This is not contentious. I'm actually just asking how much we've seen relative to the whole game. Doesn't feel like much to me, so it'd be weird to extrapolate from such a small amount of info when we'll likely see more of the references you're looking for.

most trailers aren't gameplay...?
Good thing I haven't mentioned gameplay then.
I didn't.
Why did you mention it then...?
I'm actually just asking how much we've seen relative to the whole game.
That's irrelevant because, once again, the promotional material speaks for itself. For sure, there can be new features still revealed. There is no way to predict the starter evolutions by just extrapolating. But theming? That's basically already showcased. SwSh reveal trailer went full Bing Bong and never stopped.

The concept of a piezoelectricity Pokemon is genius, tho this one looks like a Chinese bootleg design ?

Back