Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A second set of Trainer collections featuring Leon, Nessa, Bea, and Raihan will release in Japan on August 20th!

6fdd8688e7203013469c003ece973f74915e86b4-1024x401.jpg

eb1599e5290194f4ad3ba1c589f3003f9aa7f5c6-1024x375.jpg

4d6158a7b6f7593e75468c5fe7882e7a1e115cad-1024x465.jpg

Like the last ones, each collection will come with an alternate art promo of the featured Trainer with their “autographs” over the artwork.
Each package will also include a 4-pocket card binder that can hold 80 cards (10 pages), a collector’s guide, and one booster pack each of Sky Stream, Towering Perfection, Eevee Heroes, Silver Lance, and Jet-Black Spirit.
Each collection will retail for 2,057 yen and release at...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
My favorite is probably Bea. I love how the always fierce looking character is being depicted in such a cute way.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
These promos are adorable! Though the artwork for Raihan feels a bit off IMO, that bored frown seems out of character for him.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
These promos are adorable! Though the artwork for Raihan feels a bit off IMO, that bored frown seems out of character for him.
He looks like he’s scrolling through social media in the middle of an important research project.
Which to be honest doesn’t feel out of character.

Also, I really like the Hop and Leon one, since I myself am an older brother (of two siblings instead of one), but I’m a little bit sad that Charizard got cut out of the promos artwork.

Also, Marnie being the only one of these Promos to come to the West so far doesn’t necessarily prove anything, since TPCI saved a Marnie Full Art promo from Shiny Star V for a Marnie themed product, which leaves a very tidy 6 promos left for release. It is, however, always possible that we won’t actually get any of them in the West.

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
i hate the fake pokemon language, just keep it japanese and stop pandering. god forbid kids are exposed to new cultures.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
Is the outfits Bea and Nessa wear from somewhere in the games or anime? I've never seen them before

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
i hate the fake pokemon language, just keep it japanese and stop pandering. god forbid kids are exposed to new cultures.
Are you saying that Pokémon world cultures don’t deserve to be learned?
I didn’t realize that Pokémon was using a “fake” language until I read this comment, so I did a little research. Apparently Pokémon stopped using Japanese characters in the anime in fifth generation and began using a written language unique to the Pokémon world... which makes sense. For one thing, you don’t think that the Pokémon world would have the same languages, both written and spoken, as we do, although obviously, for the sake of people in the real world, their speech would need to be translated to whatever language the viewer speaks. For another thing, there isn’t really any good way to redraw a newspaper or sign in postproduction when dubbing Pokémon into another language, so they were already stuck with having to use a single written language across the entire series; might as well make it more authentic by creating a new alphabet exclusive to that world (besides Unown, which would have been cheesy considering how long it was before archaeologists rediscovered the species Unown). For a third thing, everyone in the Pokémon world speaks the same language as far as we know, although we have yet to know if that language is everyone’s first language; it only makes sense that the Pokémon world would also have a uniting written language.

You make a fair point about exposing kids to other cultures, but the problem is that real world cultures aren’t a part of the Pokémon world, and although all Pokémon world cultures we have seen have largely mirrored one or more real-world cultures, we can’t expect those cultures to be carbon copies of those in our own world, no more than we can expect the geography of the Pokémon world to be a carbon copy of our own geography.

However, that is only one part of the big picture, the part concerning Pokémon world lore. From the perspective of real-world consumers of the Pokémon franchise, using a fake language is not necessarily ideal for younger consumers, even though it appeals to many of the more avid Pokémon fans of the older generations.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Apparently Pokémon stopped using Japanese characters in the anime in fifth generation and began using a written language unique to the Pokémon world... which makes sense. For one thing, you don’t think that the Pokémon world would have the same languages, both written and spoken, as we do, although obviously, for the sake of people in the real world, their speech would need to be translated to whatever language the viewer speaks. For another thing, there isn’t really any good way to redraw a newspaper or sign in postproduction when dubbing Pokémon into another language, so they were already stuck with having to use a single written language across the entire series...
No we don't? It's a Japanese series, we should all know it comes from Japan. It's inextricable from the series. Monster designs take inspiration from Japanese folklore and fiction/sci-fi more than any other source, stories reference Japanese religion/etc. Why whitewash it?

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Is the outfits Bea and Nessa wear from somewhere in the games or anime? I've never seen them before
Nessa wore that particular outfit in Pokemon Twilight Wings while she was hanging out with Sonia.

Bea's outfit is in her concept art; that's her school uniform and outside of being a Gym Leader, she's just a student.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Apparently Pokémon stopped using Japanese characters in the anime in fifth generation and began using a written language unique to the Pokémon world...
The anime started whitewashing itself and removing Japanese text in the show before they even left Kanto, much less by BW. They bent over backwards to make it easier to dub for the international market at the expense of their own culture.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Wait you are having a cow because the "signatures" of fake people are not in Japanese? The rest of the card is in Japanese, just not the signatures, that even real people fake to make it look cute