Help Legit check?

Alow223

Aspiring Trainer
Need a legit check on this Dark Blastoise font and all seems good as well as no spelling errors but the bottom border thickness (of yellow) is throwing me way off seems thicker than the top which is making me question the card in general. Would appreciate other opinions as I'm far from an expert. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240213_201529.jpg
    20240213_201529.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240213_201534.jpg
    20240213_201534.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240213_201449.jpg
    20240213_201449.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240213_201503.jpg
    20240213_201503.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
That sort of misalignment is not uncommon with Pokémon cards from the Wizards of the Coast era (or from more recent sets, for that matter). Everything looks fine... the printing resolution of the card is crisp, the Energy symbols are not distorted or saturated, and, as you pointed out, the fonts and spelling are correct. It's the genuine article!

Not only is it real, but it's in near mint condition, so it will look the best it can in a binder (minus the centering). Some people would pay $20 for the privilege of owning a Near Mint, Unlimited Edition Dark Blastoise. Treasure it (Or I guess sell it if that's what you were planning on doing).

That sort of misalignment is not uncommon with Pokémon cards from the Wizards of the Coast era (or from more recent sets, for that matter). Everything looks fine... the printing resolution of the card is crisp, the Energy symbols are not distorted or saturated, and, as you pointed out, the fonts and spelling are correct. It's the genuine article!

Not only is it real, but it's in near mint condition, so it will look the best it can in a binder (minus the centering). Some people would pay $20 for the privilege of owning a Near Mint, Unlimited Edition Dark Blastoise. Treasure it (Or I guess sell it if that's what you were planning on doing).
I appreciate the response! It's super crisp bought it as NM and came better than I expected honestly and I'm keeping it my as I'm rebuilding my childhood collection so it shall be treasured ? the feel of the card and all is as it should be as well should of noted that too and it's not see through if held to light as most fakes are just the misalignment had me like ??

Back