Legendary Prerelease Raichu Certified and Graded for First Time!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The prerelease Raichu card of myth and legend has been certified by grading company CGC Cards. The card has often been called the “holy grail” of English Pokemon cards because so few are said to exist.

Raichu_8_OBV_lg20231030114957546-216x300.jpeg

As many longtime fans know, the card was said to have been accidentally created in the late ’90s when Wizards of the Coast was printing the prerelease Clefable promos for Pokemon Leagues. The story goes that some Raichu cards were accidentally mixed in with Clefable at the printing factory and were supposed to be destroyed, but some Wizards of the Coast employees pocketed a few of them (one account says 11 copies were saved from the factory, though the exact number isn’t known). Over the years some employees showed off their copies at Pokemon events, but a photo of one didn’t surface until April 2006. This was when...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I have a feeling people will disagree on it not counting towards their collection, but see where it wouldn't. Some people have to have them all XD

I have a feeling people will disagree on it not counting towards their collection, but see where it wouldn't. Some people have to have them all XD
I personally consider it an error card and only collect major or well known errors. So if I was a Raichu collector, I would want this card.

I personally consider it an error card and only collect major or well known errors. So if I was a Raichu collector, I would want this card.
Makes sense. There are people that consider topps, Bandai cardass, etc as a part of their collection, so I wouldnt expect any less. The sale of this card should definitely say something. I mainly took a swing at the last paragraph that has now been edited lol.

Back