• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Legendary Illusions (Accelgor/Venusaur/Mew EX/Terrakion)

LunarWolf

As we immolate we can burn in each other's arms.
After buying 5 DEX packs today I pulled 3 Accelgor and 2 Venusaur, and with that I finally had enough cards to make a cohesive deck, and a fun one at that!

Pokemons:
x3 Bulbasaur (DEX)
x2 Venusaur (DEX)
x3 Shelmet (DEX)
x1 Shelmet (NV)
x3 Accelgor (DEX)
x1 Accelgor (NV)
x1 Mew EX (DR)

Total: 14

Trainers/Stadiums/Supporters:
x4 Pokemons Catcher
x3 Enhanced Hammer
x3 Rare Candy
x3 Tool Scrapper
x3 Switch
x2 Level Ball
x2 Heavy Ball
x2 Plus Power
x1 Crushing Hammer
x1 Super Rod
x1 Giant Cape

x4 N
x3 Bianca
x2 Cheren

Total: 34

Energies:
x4 DCE
x2 Prisim
x6 Grass

Total: 12

This deck probably still needs some work, but the basic strategy is to set up Venusaurs quickly to be able to set up a bench of Accelgors, and then repeat the process after Deck and Cover (plus with 140 + Big Cape is a good amount of HP to hide behind if necessary). Mew EX is there to be able to use D&C as well, but to also copy Garchomp's attacks or Empoleon's Attack Command early on (or any other effective low energy attack). You may ask why the NV Accelgor? OHKO on Terrakion and Gigaliths (with a Plus Power)

As I said this deck needs some work, probably a lot, so any and all criticism is welcome :D As I previously stated, I have all these cards, so if you suggest any additions they may be difficult to obtain (unless I own them). I hope to play this deck at Fall Battle Roads if all goes as planned.

All help is appreciated, thanks guys!

I'd say yes, you do need a wall to hide behind after deck and cover. the one I've seen the most of, and the one that seems to be the best, is Gothitelle EP. Item lock prevents your opponent from using Switch to get out of Deck and Cover's paralysis, and also prevents your Venusaur from being catchered. Other than that, the only recommendation I have is that once the fall tins come out in your area, get some and add some Darkrai EX and Blend GRPD, to get gothitelle out of the active spot.
Switch would be nice, and I think you should take out Heavy Ball and Terrakion, as well as Shaymin EX. Terrakion is just too clunky to work in the deck, slow and requiring at least 2 turns to get set up, reducing it's effectiveness due to the lack of eels and exp. share. Shaymin EX isn't the best here because if the deck works out right, they shouldn't ever be attacking anyway, so a pokemon that relies on your opponent taking prizes is pretty useless. Heavy ball as a 1 of is pretty ineffective, since the odds of you having a 1 of right when you need it is really low.

Overall:
-1 Terrakion
-1 Heavy Ball
-1 Shaymin EX
+3 Switch

i would suggest using venasaur AND some level ball. like 2 or 3 ought to do it. in my opinion though it looks like a pretty strong list. might i suggest tho if you are not going to run the gothitelle with the ability magic room, put in 3 or 4 sableye DEX. you have a lot of disruption cards in your deck so it would be very easy just to tech in sableye and after decking to cover, your can sit on a sableye for one turn as they cant attack you.

Alright, I'll start by saying this is an interesting idea for a deck. Since a lot of decks run less switch nowadays, it's an interesting concept that making an Accelgor deck without Gothitelle might actually work very well.

That being said, I have no idea how well it will actually work, but if you wish to continue with this deck, I'll do my best to help out.

You need to start by adding some cards that every deck should have: Search cards. Your going to have problems getting that Venusaur out if you don't have more search.

- 2 Crushing Hammer (Flippy and inconsistent. Search is going to help you more.)
- 2 Enhanced Hammer (You have the right idea for disruption, but there's simply no room.)
- 3 Giant Cape (Useless. 140 HP is plenty to "hide behind," which you should avoid doing anyway.)

+3 Level Ball (A lot of the major cards in this deck at searchable via this card. It is an absolute must to have them.)
+2 Ultra Ball (Useful at any time, and can search out stuff like an emergency Shaymin EX if your Venusaurs get taken out at the end.)
+2 Heavy Ball (To get those Venusaurs up and running ASAP.)

Now that you've got some decent search, to need to adjust your Pokemon lines.

- 1 Terrakion (Takes up to much room and is very difficult to get out in a time of need)
- 2 Prism Energy (Useless now that you don't have Terrakion)

+ 1 Bulbasaur (Two isn't enough. This is too important of a card to skimp on.)
+ 1 Venusuar (Again, two isn't enough.)

Total extra spots left: 1

Now for the energy lines:

- 3 Fighting Energy (Useless without Terrakion.)
+3 Grass Energy (You're too low on energy after the adjustments I've made.)

Extra Spots: 1

And finally, the rest of your T/S/S:

- 2 Enhanced Hammer
- 2 Random Reciever (Useless in decks that don't have Sableye or another form of getting items back from the discard.)

+1 Pokemon Catcher (Ignoring the fact that every deck should run four, this deck especially needs to because of the need to waste opponent's switches.)
+ 3 Switch (When they start catchering Venusaurs you'll thank me for adding this.)
+ 1 N (Perfect for a slow deck like this that also desperately needs more draw power.)

I hope I helped. The only other suggestion I can think of is to add Darkrai and add Prism Energy back to allow for some free retreating, but I'm not sure where to fit in and it's major catcher bait for Terrakion.

The deck list has been edited, thank you so so so much guys!

I added in some Heavy and Level Balls at your suggestion, Blah, and I think they will help out getting those Venusaurs out quickly.

As much as I like the idea of running Gothitelle, in this deck it seems like a bit of a waste, having to add in another Stage 2 line and Dakrai for free retreat, it seems like too much for this deck right now. Opting for catchers wastes the foe's switches early on, scoop (if any decks run them) is flippy, and hopefully by using DCEs for Deck and Cover hammers won't be that much of a problem, rendering Gothitelle mostly useless (I hope).

Should I keep in the Prism Energies for Mew, or switch them out for something else?

O___O I can't believe I forgot that Mew EX can use the attacks of your opponent's Pokemon too!

In that case, keep the Prisms. Sorry for my mistake, I've been away for a while lol.

Blah said:
O___O I can't believe I forgot that Mew EX can use the attacks of your opponent's Pokemon too!

And that is how I got my only KO during pre-releases :p I'm sure I wouldn't have realized that otherwise :rolleyes:

I'm also debating taking out an Enhanced Hammer or two, but I'm clueless as to what I would replace it with.

Herp derp. Fixed, thanks guys, I don't know how I missed that one.

Back