News 'Legendary Battle Decks' Featuring Ho-Oh and Lugia in May!

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
So instead of picking good pokemon (like keldeo/rayquaza and mewtwo/darkrai), they chose to ruin one of the only good competitive products because of the cancerous Pokemon Go.

Starting to get sick of Pokemon Go honestly. Didn't think it'd infect the TCG so badly.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Oh...

These aren't that old. This was okay with Keldeo vs. Rayquaza, and Mewtwo vs. Darkrai, but has Ho-Oh even rotated out yet???
Well these are "Legendary Battle Decks" not "Battle Arena Decks" (the difference being LBDs are to advertise GO) also, keep in mind we don't know which Ho-Oh and Lugia they are they could be: Lugia EX (Ancient Origins 68/69) and Ho-oh EX (BREAKpoint 92/122) or Lugia EX (Plasma Storm 108/135) and Ho-Oh EX (Dragons Exalted 22/124)

Mightyena

Still just a delinquent ;)
Lugia ex is nice to get i hope they include some good trainers like the keldeo rayquasa one
@professor layton
Pokemon go isnt cancerous just the annoying fake fans its produced.

jessalakasam

Oh your right i hope its not the plasma ones.
I assume you mean for Lugia (since Ho-Oh isn't Plasma) For Lugia I do want the AOR one and for Ho-oh I want the DRX one (so you don't have to spend $15 to get them) but it seems like these decks tend to be expanded so I wouldn't get my hopes up for Lugia :(

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
Oh...

These aren't that old. This was okay with Keldeo vs. Rayquaza, and Mewtwo vs. Darkrai, but has Ho-Oh even rotated out yet???
There is a difference, these decks are more than likely to attune to the trio bird decks than the keldeo/ray/mewtwo/darkrai decks

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Ok it's good to see that they're still doing these. The good thing with this is that both the expanded and standard versions of these bird EXes have some power and use unlike the Kanto Bird Trio.

My main issue with the last set was that it was too close to the Battle Arena Set last year if these come out earlier I'm A-OK with that.

jessalakasam

These boxes would've been the best yet if they had plasma Lucia and rebirth ho oh.but instead they just made me sad
As I mentioned earlier it was never confirmed which version of these EXs we'll get (and judging by past BAD and LBDs it should be Expanded)

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
@jessalakasam I never suggested either was the ones we would guaranteed receiving in these decks:

"The good thing with this is that both the expanded and standard versions of these bird EXes have some power and use unlike the Kanto Bird Trio."

My point was that regardless which ones we got they are have some play-ability and can work in decks build around them well enough and that pretty much all of the Plasma Kanto Birds are subpar cards. If it was me I would prefer an odd mix of the Ancient Origins Lugia and Dragons Exalted Ho-oh. Most likely not going to happen like that but either way I like seeing some pre-built products that function better as decks then the starters.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
hoping for drx Ho-Oh. These aren't battle arena decks though, stop freaking out.

Wonder how they will handle a mixing of card frames???

jessalakasam

@jessalakasam I never suggested either was the ones we would guaranteed receiving in these decks:

"The good thing with this is that both the expanded and standard versions of these bird EXes have some power and use unlike the Kanto Bird Trio."

My point was that regardless which ones we got they are have some play-ability and can work in decks build around them well enough and that pretty much all of the Plasma Kanto Birds are subpar cards. If it was me I would prefer an odd mix of the Ancient Origins Lugia and Dragons Exalted Ho-oh. Most likely not going to happen like that but either way I like seeing some pre-built products that function better as decks then the starters.
I never even replied to that comment...

Jake_Silberman

Competitive PTCG Player
It'd be really cool if they included Ho-Oh-EX from Dragons Exalted instead of the unplayable Ho-Oh from BREAKPoint.

Clear

Birb is the Word
So instead of picking good pokemon (like keldeo/rayquaza and mewtwo/darkrai), they chose to ruin one of the only good competitive products because of the cancerous Pokemon Go.

Starting to get sick of Pokemon Go honestly. Didn't think it'd infect the TCG so badly.

It just goes to show, nostalgia ruins everything.

Chika

Golden Hearted
Well, I wouldn't mind if the Ho-oh was the DRX one. It'd be nice to see the price of that card go down a bit.

Weavile GX

Nebby!
I hope TCPI is Using the Lugia and Ho-oh EX from Dragons Exalted and Plasma Storm. If it is, I might buy it. It would also be nice to have completely different cards unlike the set.

Last edited:

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
The last Legendary Battle Decks and almost all of the premium decks in general that they've released have been Expanded - this makes older cards easier for new players to obtain for that format. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see these include Plasma Lugia and Rebirth Ho-oh.

Nyan

She/They
YAy!!! Even though I haven't cared much for the Ho-Oh, Lugia is gonna be a nice addition to this! This is, if they put in AO Lugia.