"Legend" Publisher

Marky Vigoroth

Aspiring Trainer
As you know, a lot of sets were made out-of-print. However, I found not only booster packs of the super-out-of-print Jungle set, but also a mini-pack of promotional cards! From the covers, I found that a company named "Legends" (or just "Legend," maybe) printed these.

Does anyone else know about this?

(If you want to know where to buy these cards, I found these in Kay-Bee Toys. However, I only went to the Puerto Rican stores, since I am from said country, so U.S. stores may not stock the same thing.)

Marky Vigoroth said:
As you know, a lot of sets were made out-of-print. However, I found not only booster packs of the super-out-of-print Jungle set, but also a mini-pack of promotional cards! From the covers, I found that a company named "Legends" (or just "Legend," maybe) printed these.

Does anyone else know about this?

(If you want to know where to buy these cards, I found these in Kay-Bee Toys. However, I only went to the Puerto Rican stores, since I am from said country, so U.S. stores may not stock the same thing.)

Jungle booster packs actually aren't all that tough to find. I have at least 100 sealed packs from that series no more than 10 feet away from me (for sale for less than $2 each in my eBay store).

I've never heard of the "Legend" pack, it may just be something that was done in Puerto Rico, but I never really paid attention to the non-TCG items.

It's not just in Puerto Rico, for sure, I live in Texas. And I found a BASE SET PACK for sale in our Wal-Mart.

I know of: Legendry Collection.
It contained the 1st three sets (all reprints (I'm looking for 18x each of the Eeveelutions (normal, holo & rev.holo) from it)).

Shaymin of the skies said:
It's not just in Puerto Rico, for sure, I live in Texas. And I found a BASE SET PACK for sale in our Wal-Mart.

how much was it??? cause as products get older the computer makes them cheaper, at work we get people who are cleaning storage and buy a trolley full for $10.

vilebaseball said:
I've never heard of the "Legend" pack, it may just be something that was done in Puerto Rico, but I never really paid attention to the non-TCG items.

No, a publisher named "Legend(s)" made these out-of-print cards.

Hn... that publisher may be the reason why pokéorder and other sites can sell these really old cards...

By the way, hopefully I can go to Kay-Bee Toys soon to check the price.

Marky Vigoroth said:
vilebaseball said:

No, a publisher named "Legend(s)" made these out-of-print cards.

Hn... that publisher may be the reason why pokéorder and other sites can sell these really old cards...

By the way, hopefully I can go to Kay-Bee Toys soon to check the price.

The reason sites like that can sell old cards is because they're still pretty easy to find. I have never heard of the publisher "Legend" before, but I'm fairly sure whatever kind of sticker/card they made that you have isn't a TCG item.

Prof. Shinx: How much can you get for $10?!

It was $4, but thankfully I didn't buy it.

how much was it??? cause as products get older the computer makes them cheaper, at work we get people who are cleaning storage and buy a trolley full for $10.
[/quote]

Wrong. Base Set 1 packs are worth more than any other single pack on eBay.

Shaymin of the skies said:
Prof. Shinx: How much can you get for $10?!

It was $4, but thankfully I didn't buy it.

I think he meant a trolley full of old computers, not Base 1 packs. You should have bought it (I would have).

no he would have meant cards. at the place i work older stock becomes cheaper then if it has been there ages the price becomes zero and i get to determine the price. i picked up an entire box of deoxys cards at 50c a pack, then got staff discount off that

joey said:
no he would have meant cards. at the place I work older stock becomes cheaper then if it has been there ages the price becomes zero and I get to determine the price. I picked up an entire box of deoxys cards at 50c a pack, then got staff discount off that

Do they have any more packs for anywhere close to that rate? I've never heard of anywhere like that... if I had I'd buy up however many hey have (I spent several thousand a year on booster packs, usually no less than $1 each in bulk).

not that i know of. because the price is always going down the older the stock gets it helps it sell. i have not seen any of the ex series cards in any of our stores for over a year cause we clearance them out

Exactly. That's what I've been saying... nobody has a "trolley full" of Base 1 packs, and especially for $10 total.

i agree. i also find it hard to believe. unless they have the worlds worst warehouse/back dock area and they only look for stock once every ten years. maybe there were a few best of 98 cds in the trolley as well

Legend makes a BUNCH of re-packaged rip offs. They buy surplus from retailers and repackage them. They do Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh and they are not associated with PUI.

They simply repackage official product and re-distribute.

Back