News 'Legacy Pin Collection' and Entei/Suicune/Raikou Pin Blisters in May!

laorik

Aspiring Trainer
That Politoed coming back as a Promo is actually amazing with SM+. SM+ has the Politoed with:

[W] Roll Call: Search your deck for a Poliwag, Poliwhirl, and Poliwrath and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

We've now got a super low (even free) energy cost alternative to Greninja. Will be a great budget deck.

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
That Politoed coming back as a Promo is actually amazing with SM+. SM+ has the Politoed with:

[W] Roll Call: Search your deck for a Poliwag, Poliwhirl, and Poliwrath and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

We've now got a super low (even free) energy cost alternative to Greninja. Will be a great budget deck.

These aren't reprints with promo numbers. They're just printing old cards with their old set numbers on new foil paper. Parents will still buy for their kids but zero impact to competitive play.

lt_tatter

donde esta la biblioteca?

that Politoed won't be a promo if it is a reprint right? so only to be used in expanded.

dbussert

Aspiring Trainer
These aren't reprints with promo numbers. They're just printing old cards with their old set numbers on new foil paper. Parents will still buy for their kids but zero impact to competitive play.

well if you want a max rarity seismitoad/bats deck you'll need to get those crobats

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Oh look another lazy, pointless, stupid. Etc. box set that no one will buy.... probably not even little kids who already own like 5 Steelix

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
that Politoed won't be a promo if it is a reprint right? so only to be used in expanded.
According to the official release on the Pokemon website, they're promos, BUT, they have said that before and it turned out they were the regular card with a foil pattern, BUT, seeing as the Japanese "Best of XY" set is coming out, it could be an actual promo based on that set, we have often seen Japanese set cards be English promos and vice versa; based on the mock up, they're reprints, BUT, we have seen mock ups be incorrect before

Miatog

Go ahead, pet the owl. He doesn't bite....mice...
Advanced Member
According to the official release on the Pokemon website, they're promos, BUT, they have said that before and it turned out they were the regular card with a foil pattern, BUT, seeing as the Japanese "Best of XY" set is coming out, it could be an actual promo based on that set, we have often seen Japanese set cards be English promos and vice versa; based on the mock up, they're reprints, BUT, we have seen mock ups be incorrect before
So if all I care about is collecting promo/unique prints for my OCD collection, I shouldn't plan on getting this till I see a review or I can look at the box and see what's inside. Thanks for the heads up!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
If you look closely at the Blissey, you can clearly see the PHF set logo

Artifactor

Poet lost in static.
The worst part is, is the fact these are not even reprints, they retain their original set logos and numbers meaning some of them are not even usable in standard.

TotoBoss

Kappa
At least they didn't put Fates Collide in this product. Maybe it's just me but I see them stuffing Fates in almost every product I see. I still won't buy this just because It's of no use and it's probably cheaper to just buy the packs.

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
it would have made sense for all of these to have been reprints because they've recently printed crobat lines, politoed lines, chansey, and there is a slowpoke coming out in GR. Grrrrr!

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
The worst part is, is the fact these are not even reprints, they retain their original set logos and numbers meaning some of them are not even usable in standard.

And the ones that ARE usable are complete and utter garbage.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
alright, weirdly, I will buy this, as someone who loves gen ii. I agree that it is mostly useless, but I want or don't have all these cards for my dex binder. And I like crobat a lot, so the pin is nice. And I don't have many boosters from these sets.

Not every product is for everyone, but every product is for someone.