• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Left Over Deck? (Aromatisse / M Kangaskhan EX)

Pokemom

Pokémon Professor
Pokemon:

• 3 Kangaskhan EX
    2 M Kangaskhan EX
    3 Spritzee
    2 Aromatisse
    1 Victini
    1 Xerneas
    1 Mewtwo EX
    1 Suicune
    1 Manectric EX
    1 Virizion EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Colress
    4 Shauna
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Lynsandre
    3 Max Potion
    1 VS Seeker
    3 Muscle Band
    4 Fairy Garden
    1 Computer Search
    2 Professor's Letter
    2 Evosoda
    1 Lysandre
    1 Robo Substitute
Energy:

• 4 Rainbow Energy
    1 Double Colorless Energy
    7 Fairy Energy

Strategy:
…………. a strategy……
I started playing Kanghaskhan because the kids said it was a "mom Pokemon"
I love the "flip a coin" cards and have fun with that.
But then the fighting Pokemon became a big hit. :(

Then I got advise from everybody to upgrade my deck and now it feels like a pile of everything and it doesn't play nice.
I'm not planning on winning, I just want to end somewhere in the middle. :D
I don't like playing N and Sycamore.
I put them in my deck once, but I end up with them in my hand at the end of the game.
I like Colress and Skyla more.
That's a lot of I. :D

Can anyone help me to make this a working deck again?
My kids are playing the "good cards" and I don't want to spend any money on mine.
We have a few EX cards we're not playing:
1 Menetric EX
1 M Menetric EX
1 Excadrill EX
1 Hawalucha EX
2 Zekrom EX
3 Magnazone EX
3 Emolga EX
2 Meloetta EX
1 Toxicroak EX
1 Mew EX
1 White Kyurem EX
2 M Venusaur EX
3 Venusaur EX
1 Heracross EX
1 M Heracross EX
1 Charizard EX
2 M Charizard EX
2 Delphox EX
2 Victini EX
4 Xerneas EX
3 Florges EX
2 Blastoise EX
2 M Blastoise EX
2 Greninja EX
2 Aegislash EX
1 Skarmory EX
1 Cobalion EX

Colress is a good Supporter, but the thing about is if you have it in your opening hand, it really slows you down. Professor Juniper and N are still the best draw Supporters there are in format. Being able to put your opponent's gand down to one or two late game is extremely powerful, especially when you can play off the field. If you think you had too many of them, you can try smaller counts with more VS Seeker. You also don't play Ultra Ball, and I definitely think you should.

-4 Shauna
-2 Colress
-1 Evosoda
-1 Robo Substitute

+2 Professor Juniper
+2 N
+2 Pokemon Fan Club (to optimize tour chances of starting with it in your opening hand. You can always get rid of any extras with Ultra Ball)
+2 Ultra Ball

Which Charizard do you have? As long as it's either Stoke or Combustion Blast, ot would go well in this deck. Same for Aegislash; it can be an effective wall with all of the Special Energy in format.

Maybe I'm stubborn, but I rather lose an extra game then play Juniper and N.

The Charizard is the "combustion blast"

The deck makes me feel I have to much choice already, only

4 Kangaskhan,
3 Kahangaskhan EX and
2 M Kangaskhan EX with
2 Spritzee
2 Aromatisse
2 Victini and
1 Virizion was fun and easy to play. Like Crazy Eights on a Sunday.

And the dices made me win or lose.
Now it's so much stuff going on, the fun is gone.
But with all the fighting Pokemon in play, the fun is gone too.
How can I get a deck back without so many fuss, but easy and fun?

Yeah that's how most of the Fairy builds tend to be. I have like 10 one-of's in just my Pokemon line alone. More Fan Clubs and Ultra Balls would make it easier to search out the particular attacker you need for the current match up. Or alternatively I guess you could cut Manectric for another Xerneas and a Professor's Letter for another Mewtwo or something like that. Mewtwo could be good against Fighting types that make Kangaskhan a liability. Just be careful about putting all of your Energy onto one Mewtwo because they can sometimes play Mewtwo of their own. If you see DCE in a Fighting deck, there's probably a Mewtwo somewhere in there.

-2 colress
-1lysandre
-1 robo

+1 max potion
+ 1aromatisse
+2 ultra ball

4 max potion should be the norm to keep m kengaskhan unarmed, and ultra ball is a staple for finding Pokemon like like aromatisse or kengaskhan.

I've tried fairy/megakang decks but I prefer using him with dark energy, shadow circle, and hydreigon due to the fighting weakness. If you hadn't said "fun and easy to play" I might recommend Handsome Monkey's Team Plasma Dark-MegaKangaskhan deck, but there's a lot going on in that deck and it might not be your idea of fun.

Otherwise you might just include some of the new weakness policy card in your deck. That strategy has its flaws, but it's pretty straightforward and lets you use the cards you want to use.

Problem with Colress is that you're severely limited in the early game though. What if you're only limited to one card? What then? If you're inclined, then I'd take out a Professor's Letter and a Evosoda for Random Receiver. It's pot luck but at least it can bail out of a Colress to 1.

Back