League of Legends

Hai was shot calling on twitter the whole game, giving his team advice and supporting them after bad team fights. Poor guy really wanted to play against Faker, he told his teammates not to wash their hands before they got home. But even if he was there, I still think that he wouldn't of made that big of a difference. People say things like, "They didn't have enough time to work with Link, and they couldn't create enough synergy in the amount of time they were given!" The only teams that can compete with SKT would be SKT, OMG, CJ Entus and other OGN teams. I think C9 did the most they could, which was really create some presence in the international scene. They got second place in Round 1, so second place out of some of the best teams in the world.

I really think that saying only OMG could have competed with SKT at the tournament is false. OMG lost to C9 once, and if they had Hai I'm sure their chances of winning the second time would have been even higher. Don't put down NA, we'll be competitive with OGN soon enough.

C9 got second place in Round 1, so if anything, they are second place in the top three out of some of the best teams in the world. You do have to be one of the best teams to attend All-Stars, and that's one of the heck of a compliment. However, they did lose to OMG twice in the semi-finals. My main point is that they created some international presence, and other teams will fear them. And looking at all these off-season roster changes, you can also tell that teams want to live up to that C9 status. C9 did a really great thing, going to All-Stars, and playing the way they did. They brought fire to NA.

The only thing I don't agree with is that they would of done better with Hai. Yes, they didn't have time to work with Link with as long as any NA fan hoped, but I still think that they would of used the same strategies. And SKT just had a better counter attack.

c9 went 1-2 against OMG without their midlaner and shotcaller, that's good enough and definitely respectable. I don't think the gap is that large.

Rally, if that was in response to my post, I really don't think you read it at all. I never said they would have beat SKT with Hai, I was saying that, since they were obviously just as good as OMG without him, they would have been even better with him, and would have gotten second over all.

Anyhoo, what are people's thoughts on Braum? I find him to be overwhelming in team fights if I'm playing a melee champing without good ranged abilities, he has the best peel in the game and I can't do anything about it. I just get locked in place and then pulverized, especially if he ults, that slow is debilitating.

Braum.

As a Jax player killing is easy for me at late game. But tanks -like Braum- are hard, Braum, as of now, is Imo almost the best support -Blitzcrank is #1, those pulls bro- his Ult really slows, it's not made for damaging, the stun and the slow make (makes?) it perfect if the enemy wants to run or if you need to fall back. Braum as most of the new champs is OP, by his way.

Braum, I think, is a great support. Not up there with Thresh or Leona imo, but hes got a great kit. His ult seems to be his strongest ability, with a knock up, AoE slow and incredible range. Hes also got some decent long ranged peel. His passive it extremely good in the laning phase, but afterwards, in certain situations, it becomes less useful. It is still relevant, but I think its most useful in prolonged fights.

As for his other abilities, I think his E is very strong, as it grants move speed and intercepts all incoming projectiles except tower shots. The damage reduction is pretty impressive as well. His Q is a great chase mechanic and peeling ability. His W, is alright, the armor and magic resist bonus is very helpful.

As for other roles, what do you think he might be able to play? I think he would make a great jungler, and a decent top laner. In top lane, he might not be able to take the punishment of the meta between levels 1-3.

Eron said:
Braum.

As a Jax player killing is easy for me at late game. But tanks -like Braum- are hard, Braum, as of now, is Imo almost the best support -Blitzcrank is #1, those pulls bro- his Ult really slows, it's not made for damaging, the stun and the slow make (makes?) it perfect if the enemy wants to run or if you need to fall back. Braum as most of the new champs is OP, by his way.

You mentioned Blitz. I'm planning on learning Blitz in the future. I have too many on my 'to learn' list as of now.

I just finished my first 10 games of Ranked, I ended at Silver 4, I am very happy, I won 5 out of 10 matches.

*Eron used Revive on Thread

Forgot to mention, I got gold a couple weeks ago! Volibear is absolutely insane, you can build 0 damage items and never die while still consistently doing the most or 2nd most damage on the team. He would be completely overpowered if anyone played him (just make sure to play him top if you do).

Right now I'm switching between Katarina, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks and Eve just because they are very fun and I don't care much about winning anymore since I got gold. I'm also looking to buy either Yasuo or Fizz (only enough ip for one atm :() because I tried them during free week and they are also really fun.

The Fire Wyrm said:
I mean unlucky as not getting a decent teamcomp, or that one ADC who has 27 cs by 20 minutes, or the guy who steals your jungle and misses smite at baron.

The Fire Wyrm said:
the guy who steals your jungle and misses smite at baron.

50579842.jpg

sillykyle said:
The Fire Wyrm said:
I mean unlucky as not getting a decent teamcomp, or that one ADC who has 27 cs by 20 minutes, or the guy who steals your jungle and misses smite at baron.

The Fire Wyrm said:
the guy who steals your jungle and misses smite at baron.

50579842.jpg

I meant the role buddy, not the camps.
And why does this even matter, I got the hell out of that place.
New provisional algorithims are messed up. Back in the olden days when you won 8, you got bronze 2
(rito, y u h8 me)

Eron said:
I just finished my first 10 games of Ranked, I ended at Silver 4, I am very happy, I won 5 out of 10 matches.

*Eron used Revive on Thread

Same exact thing happened to me man, same thing. Couple guys on here bugged me about it just to congratulate me. I was hoping for anything abouve bronze 5, and I spazzed so hard when I saw the "congrats, you got into silver 4" screen. Holly heck, I spazzed so bad.

The entire Ranked Placement thing irked me this year. Last year I went 7-3 and placed Silver 1. Ended up on tilt and just kept going until I plummeted to Silver 3 (failed my Gold promos and kept getting trolls...). This year, I went 8-2 and placed Silver 4. Yet my friend went 6-4 and got Silver 4 and my brother went 6-4, being placed Bronze 3... It's fairly amusing how it's set up.

EDIT: aetajehajekth Really... Just played a Quinn ranked game. I got First Blood. Destroyed my lane and helped mid snowball. I could 1v3 and do perfectly fine. But then our Blitz and Warwick quit without a word at about the 15 minute mark. The game lasted 61 minutes as a 3v5 with me, Lux, and Tryndamere miraculously acing them. But we just couldn't push fast enough. We held on for so long, but eventually we just couldn't keep pushing them back. But it's so stupid how people can just leave like that, but it's stupid how we managed to hold on so well with just three of us.

I just bought Yasuo and he's so hard ;_;

I either snowball against a team with no teamwork and end like 10/1 or I get camped during laning phase and then caught out every time I come back to life after laning phase is over. I really gotta work on my warding and positioning, especially if I want to learn a champ with escape like Yasuo.

So, I'm thinking that maybe their ranking system has to do with what people you're queried up with? I know they try to query you up with people of the same skill even in ranked. It's just an idea.

Alex, I'm planning on buying Yas in the future. I'm no good with close ranged champs, but he looks hella fun so I don't mind practicing with him in bots for a long time to get the hang of him.

Back