League of Legends

Chaos Jackal said:
No, surviving with 10 HP isn't luck, it's math. Unlike games like Warcraft III, every attack and spell in LoL has fixed damage. Factoring armor and MR, every time you attack or cast a spell against the same target you'll do the same damage with a deviation of 1-2 HP. It's not like Warcraft, where a basic attack has a minimum and a maximum and you can complain about luck by saying that most attacks are close to the minimum.

If you choose to attack someone, no matter how much hp they have, you are making a gamble. It's not like you're going to calculate how much damage your entire combo does, how many AAs you could get in, and then add in armor before you engage. You do an estimation. And if they survive with like 10 hp, you are just unlucky. Not to mention if they had, say, taken 2 extra minion hits 30 seconds earlier they would have also died.

In that manner, you could say that chess is luck-based because every time you play an opening sequence you make a gamble. Your opponent could have studied the specific sequence, and/or be a master of it, leading you to a bad game. You can say that you're unlucky then, but you really don't have the excuse. Luck is more or less involved in everything (life would have been way more predictable if it wasn't) but you can't blame everything on luck. You chose to attack an enemy with approximately the same stats as you? Well, it's your fault if his stats are slightly better, or if he landed the first hit or whatever. And it's his skill for not getting hit by minions before.

Here are some free curse beta keys for everyone:
  • 80c7e864-ada3-4c6e-91cc-a2141d43bfa8
  • a67d2803-1f02-45f5-ad65-38c2be0a2b01

alex said:
It's not like you're going to calculate how much damage your entire combo does, how many AAs you could get in, and then add in armor before you engage.

While I rarely do this in League (although strangely I find myself doing this in Dota 2), the pros definitely at least make slight calculations regarding combo damage, if not more than slight. So, yeah. You also have to factor in their summoner spells, their abilities, activatable items, etc.

That was probably the most frustrating game I've ever played sweet Jesus. Up 14-3 in kills with a Ryze and Jinx on our team then no one wanted to push objectives midgame with Jinx and I (on three different occasions it was just Jinx and I getting Dragon and two Barons). Sick of this.

tumblr_m4s9fzX57L1rwcc6bo1_250_zps1a7997a1.gif

Edit: Not to mention last pick who called fill then picked support Garen, so we had to shuffle our around with my Kayle as support and moved Ryze to mid.

Pride said:
That was probably the most frustrating game I've ever played sweet Jesus. Up 14-3 in kills with a Ryze and Jinx on our team then no one wanted to push objectives midgame with Jinx and I (on three different occasions it was just Jinx and I getting Dragon and two Barons). Sick of this.

Edit: Not to mention last pick who called fill then picked support Garen, so we had to shuffle our around with my Kayle as support and moved Ryze to mid.
Dont forget the thresh baron steal.

#WhyYouDontBaronWithoutMeKiddies

The Fire Wyrm said:

That wouldn't have happened if you didn't recall and came to Baron when Jinx and I were begging you too -_-

Pride said:
The Fire Wyrm said:

That wouldn't have happened if you didn't recall and came to Baron when Jinx and I were begging you too -_-
I was at 200 hp...

Camoclone said:
    [*]a67d2803-1f02-45f5-ad65-38c2be0a2b01 THIS ONE

I have already used this one, everyone.

Camoclone said:

What are these for?

Pride said:

Oh, I know that feel. I was laning bot with an Ashe that seemed to be scared to push, even when both enemies were dead. It was annoying, but good thing the brand and his lane mate (forgot who. I want to say Mal though because I remember the slow gate thing he has...) were suckier palyers than I and I was able to feed and push the lane on my own. I do admit I felt boss doing so.

Camoclone said:

Me: Oh, cool. Person willing to share things and it's free.
Rdeem Code tab thing: Invalid code.
Me: That's cool. I won't try out you new thing then. XD
10 minutes later
Me: Oh, wait...I'm an idiot. And a big one at that. Yay, it works. Go me.

If anyone else wants any then please PM me. I have a couple extras. I think the ones that I posted are already used.

Camoclone said:
If anyone else wants any then please PM me. I have a couple extras. I think the ones that I posted are already used.

Yeah, I took one of them, and someone else grabbed one before me. Just confirming with you that both are indeed used as of now.

Woo. Tonight was an amazing night for me on League. Started out a little poorly. Lost two normal games, but I was in a bit of a slump. Jumped into ranked with my brother and won one, putting me in my promotion. Then we played my promotions. First game was a bummer because the opposing mid laner d/c'd or AFKed, and their jungler ragequit after I counter-jungled him at his red and killed him. Next game I won and got promoted, but it also stuck my brother in his promotion series, so we played those out, winning both.

6 Ranked Wins in a Row in Low Silver-Bronze tier. 4 of them I played Warwick, 1 Varus, and 1 Vayne. The Vayne game was pretty bad. Had a great early game including FB, but couldn't keep up with Sivir until late-late game. Warwick and Varus, I carried heavily. Like, there was really no stopping me. First blood and decent farm makes for a fun game.

Braum is revealed! I think he looks really cool but seems kind of OP honestly (like most new champs).

sillykyle said:
Camoclone said:
Braum is revealed! I think he looks really cool but seems kind of OP honestly (like most new champs).

Yeah, still can't get over how OP Vel'Koz is...

You know, he said most.

Btw, is his name Braun or Braum? As far as I know it's Braun.

(If someone wants to play right now or later add me: Cuck Norris )

EDIT: Nvm, just saw he is Braum.

Back