• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Leafeon GX/Golisopod GX

RileyTheRad

Awkward PokeTuber
Pokemon [21]
4-3 Leafeon GX
2-2 Golisopod GX
3-3 Lurantis Promo
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Magearna (USM)
1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX

Trainers [27]
4 Ultra Ball
3 Nest Ball
2 Choice Band
2 Float Stone
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 N
2 Cynthia
3 Hala
4 Guzma
2 Brigette

Energy [12]
4 DCE
8 Grass

Strategy
Turn 1 Grand Bloom is the goal here. 2 Brigette and the high Nest Ball count is intended to ensure at least 1 Wimpod and 2 Fomantis on the bench for the Grand Bloom. Magearna helps to shuffle Float Stones so that DW Necro can rescue Golisopod after a First Impression, and the Lurantis makes the subpar damage much better with Choice Bands.

Hi RileyTheRad,

Nice deck. It seems that Golisopod Gx is in fact the main attacker and the real star of the show with First Impression. I would focus a lot more on him and run a thin Leafeon line. Golisopod GX has an easier time to hit relevant numbers with Choice Band and three benched Lurantis compared to Leafeon GX. I realize that turn one Grand Bloom is important and you want to hit Leafeon GX on your first turn. However, note that Wimpod has free retreat on the first turn. This enables you to get Eevee into the active slot with ease. In essence Wimpod and Eevee are both ideal starters in this deck as long as you can get Eevee and Grass Energy turn one. With this in mind consider these modifications:

Pokémon:

- 2 Eevee SM1 (Most of the time one to two Leafeon Gx will suffice but you want a solid Golisopod line for the reasons outlined above)
- 1 Leafeon GX (two will suffice most of the time)
- 1 Magearna (Not needed with DWN)

+ 2 Wimpod (Free retreat turn one makes him and excellent starter in this deck)
+ 1 Golisopod GX (First Impression is the real star of this show)

Trainer:

- 1 Nest Ball (Two will suffice. No need to be too greedy and we need the deck space)
- 1 Guzma (three suffice with DWN and Float Stone)

+ 1 Cynthia (You want a stable nine draw supporter in total)
+ 1 N (See above and nice disruption late game)

+ 1 Choice Band / Float Stone (Your choice that needs playtesting)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

So taking the original deck list and Dark Espeon's revisions into account, I've created this

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 2 Eevee SUM 101
* 3 Fomantis SUM 14
* 3 Wimpod BUS 16
* 3 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 2 Leafeon-GX UPR 13
* 3 Lurantis PR-SM SM25
* 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Hala GRI 126
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Float Stone PLF 99

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 6 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The main issue I'm seeing is consistency on the opening hand. The smallest possible hand you can have a good opening with consists of 3-4 cards:

Brigette OR Tapu Lele OR Ultra Ball
Eevee OR Wimpod OR (Fomantis AND Float Stone) OR Ultra Ball
Grass Energy

Now, there's a decent amount of flexibility for the first two slots, but the third slot is only ever satisfied by Grass Energy. With the 6 energies I have in this list, I've got a 54.14% chance of drawing that Grass Energy in my opening hand, and that's not enough. This is a deck that wants to run a lot of Grass Energy, even as much as 16 I wouldn't bat an eye at (90.08% chance). In the original list, there's 8 grass. 65.36% chance to have it in the opening hand. That's a decent improvement over 6 grass, but I wanna go bigger. I wanna go 10 (74.14%). Problem is, where do I get the space?

I'm gonna experiment with a bunch of stuff, but for now, I'm gonna go -2 Acerola, -1 Tapu Lele GX and -1 DCE for +4 Grass Energy and see how it works out.

Hi YuriGirl,

Consider these modifications:

- 1 Tapu Lele GX (two Tapu Lele and two Brigette are sufficient on usual)
- 2 Acerola (A lot of decks focus on ohkos now, including this one)

- 1 Professor Sycamore (three are sufficient)

+ 3 Grass Energy (Eight to nine are a sweet spot in this deck for me)

+ 1 Hala (Awesome in this deck since you want to Grand Bloom Lurantis out fast to hit numbers)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Back