Leafeon from Undaunted/Call of Legends

Starblade

Something
13-leafeon.jpg

His first attack has a lot of potential, but he needs a partner that can inflict status conditions to the defending pokemon. I was thinking pokemon like:

Houndoom Prime
Victreebel
Muk
Roserade
Venonat
Hypno

It has a possibility of a speedy set up since his partners are stage one. What do you guys think?

My first impression of Leafeon this format was that it was going to be really good, however I become more adjusted to all of the new play strategies and everything and I kinda lost interest in it as a card. I'm starting to think that it might not be a bad play after all now.

I would have to say that it is painfully obvious that this card should be played with Roserade, and only Roserade. People under estimate the power of Roserade, with a Rainbow energy, you are going to be Poisoning and Confusing the opponent. Confusion is a great condition when your main attack has a less than desirable amount of HP. With Leafeon, if you attach a Rainbow to Roserade, you are going to be hitting for 100 damage, plus they will take Poison, adding up to 110, which by the way would successfully kill a Yanmega prime, and evade its Rescue Energy, for only one Colorless. Dumping your energy for the turn onto a Roserade could be an issue, but you could also play Shaymin UL, to move the energy you just attached, if you need it to cover your attack cost. Roserade also doesn't make too bad of a back up attacker in a desperate situation.

Something else that you could look into while building this deck would be Vileplume. It would make it so that your opponent couldn't Switch out of their Special Conditions, which would definitely give you a much needed edge on decks like Magnezone or Donphan, that may have difficulties hard retreating out of Confusion, meaning there is a 50% chance that your Leafeon won't be taking any damage. A concern that I have with Vileplume is that it may slow down this deck, which have potential to be relatively speedy, in two ways. The lack of Trainers cards such as Victory Medal or Dual Ball and disruption cards such as Reversal could be an issue, having to replace those with Supporter sounds like a drag. Another issue that I can see with Vileplume is that it will drastically drop your consistency. You are already playing two needed heavy Stage 1 line, and the addition of a 2-1-2 line plus 3 to 4 Rare Candy isn't going to do you any favors.

This deck is going to fizzle out late game. I am going to warn you that right now. You will need a late game attacker. Some nifty Stage 1 line, I'd suggest cliche things, such as running a Yanmega Prime engine, or maybe playing Zoroark, considering you are probably going to have difficulties with Reshiboar. You will not have difficulties with Reshiboar or ReshiPlosion due to your weakness to Fire, the cards can one shot you anyways. I am so tried of people thinking fire weakness on things with less than 120 HP matters. Please stop everyone. Sorry had to mention that :p

Some other Trainer or Supporter techs that you could consider playing are Defender, Victory Medal, Plus Power, Seeker, and maybe Sage's Training (IDK). Defender might be the best thing in there worth testing, because Leafeon's HP is atrocious.

Here is a skeleton that I kinda felt like throwing together because I didn't feel that this post was long enough.

3-3 Leafeon
3-3 Roserade
2-1-2 Vileplume
2-2 Cliche Stage 1 tech
2 Shaymin/Torkoal (AWWW YYEEHHH, burn + 50 more damage? I think yes)
Pokemon: 23

4 Pokemon Communication
4 Rare Candy
4 PONT/Judge (if using Yanmega)
4 Pokemon Collector
2 Juniper
4 Copycat
T/S/S: 22

4 Rainbow Energy
4 Grass Energy
Energy: 8

That leaves you with 7 spots.

Sorry that that skeleton is awful, it is late out and I am tired.

^That skeleton looks good; I think Vileplume is a good idea. Just be sure to include Rescue Energy and Seeker.

For the 2-2 tech, I was thinking something along the lines of Zoroark. It KOs Zekrom and Reshiram(along with poison/burn).

The only problem I find with Zoroark is that this deck would have problems with energy. You're already running grass and rainbow energy, as well as Rescue (if you're smart), adding DCE to that is sort of a pain. And if you choose not to play the DCE, you have to find 2 turns to attach energy to Zoroark. What with Leafeon's meager 90 HP, meaning you'll have to attach energy there fairly often, and Roserade's 'Power requiring energy attachment (and going for the OHKO here, remember), you're running short on extra places to attach. Zekrom shouldn't be TOO big a deal to get around, seeing as you can OHKO it with a Rainbow drop on the Roserade and then Shaymining it up to the active Leafeon after it uses Bolt Strike. And Reshiram is a huge problem because it has JUST the wrong amount of HP, so I think that's an autoloss. KO it with Zoroark and you get OHKO'd right back.

I played it with Roserade, Houndoom Prime (Seriously, even tho it's a stage1, it's much better than Torkoal) and Mismagius. Mismagius moves the Rainbow Energy you attach to Roserade for double condition either to Leafeon, or Houndoom, if needed. I also played a bunch of Judges to disrupt my opponent.

With Catcher going to be in the format, Leafeon varients become unplayable pretty much. You play down your Roserade, they Catcher it up and KO it...ya... Also, with all the sniping that Yanmega is doing and the fact that you're also damaging your own Pokemon with Rainbow just makes this deck one of those "this is an amazing idea" to "this freakin' sucks" kind of things.

i made a deck with this and it was OK, i used roserade and houndoom- it worked ok once it was set up but the deck was just too clunky... it was ok when it was set up but sometimes that took too long.

its exacly what ^ said- "this is an amazing idea" to "this freakin' sucks" kind of things

Roserade is alright, I guess. It needs some setup and runs away to cry in a corner when it sees TyRam. Not the deck to play right now, imo.

I play Leafeon with 2 Roserade, 2 Houndoom Prime and a Torkoal. I also have 2 Magby (COL/Tri) in as well since it's a pretty good starter for the deck. You can cause burn with Magby and next turn, even if Roserade isn't set up, still do 50 damage to a basic pokemon early game.

Leafeon is a really strong deck (it can take down almost anything in 1 hit), but I predict that Pokemon Catcher will kill it since it is pretty dependent on Roserade to do anything.

Houndoom prime is a great tech in this deck. Play a 2-2 line, it counters LostGar, you run rainbow energies to use its attack, and its ability lets you swing for a possible 150 with Leafeon (Assuming you attached a rainbow energy to Roserade)

Back