LBS in worlds? What's MewTric's combo?

Because LBS wasn't good enough to win...simple as that. IDK. t1 recharge, t2 disconnect.

This belongs in the TCG Discussion forum. Now moving...

LBS was an overplayed deck. People found ways to counter it. RaiEggs, Arcanine-ex, and MewTric matched up well against it. MewTric did very well, since it just used Disconnect, and stopped trainer cards such as Holon Transceiver, Rare Candy, and such from being played.

well, the only reason LBS got into finals is : the player muz have played it at LEAST 7 months

mewtric's good in this format coz holon engine got popular and to kil LBS

Hiya,

there's LBS is in the 10- I think.
But anyways...LBS needs speed to win. It's not as simple as you think. When you have blocked Candy, they cannot gain the speed, since they only play 1 Pidgeotto and 1/2 Wartortle. When you've locked a Frontier, Pidgeot cannot do anything. When you've blocked Tranceiver, they cannot get Mentor, they cannot setup. Without setup, there's no Blastoise. And there's no Blastoise, Steelix sux. Without Steelix, gg.
Mewtric is no way to be underestimated. It is a high level deck, need skills to control and understand it.

cya.

Until now, I still don't understand why the combo of MewTric is so good? I wish i could challenge a MewTric deck and understand it's combo.

Disconnect stops engines. Rare Candy doesn't work, Holon Transceiver doesn't work, etc. Not to mention the deck can do pretty much anything. Megashot gives it sniping abilities, and Mew, of course, allows for insane techs that can prepare you for any situation.

Basically:
1. Recharge
2. Disconnect early, stop their engine.
3. Take early board control due to your opponent's lack of Mentors, Dual Balls, etc.
4. If they can manage to get some kind of a threat building on the bench, Admin to take away their stored trainers, and then Megashot it with a Multi and a Magneton.
5. Continue disconnecting.

well, without non- supporter cards, the only thing supporters can do is :

DRAW CARDS !!!

wanna know what cards will be block by disconnect?

SSU, PKM ret , ER2, reversal, candy , trans, pows, ATM rock, stadiums, tools, switches, w. points, swoops, ...

count how many decks rely on those cards to survive, 10 ? 20 ? they are all gonna die

I know LBS has been rotated but I felt that it was a good choice for worlds. I believe that LBS was the strongest HL-on deck (BDIF), but not neccessarily best deck for certain metagames. It was probably one of the main reasons for the shift to non-pidgeot based decks approaching Worlds (as it was far superior to other pidgeot-playing decks). The majority of < 10, significant proportion in the 11-14 played LBS. Some LBS's made it to T32, maybe one made it to T16 in 15+.

The 'slow' LBS you were referring to was the old LBS with 2-2 steelix/magneton+electrode/jirachi dx one. My sons used this version to qualify for Worlds. But by the time we were at Worlds it had evolved to a 4 transceiver/castform/jirachi hl/latias */mew ex/POW +/- lati@s lock which was extremely speedy and consistent. It had good matchups against most decks, losing mainly to lunasol (but with the extra water attacker from lati@s made it winnable). Delta.dec(eggsraichu,mewtrick,dragtrode and others were winnable). In fact Fulop was 2nd seed in 15+ with an LBS (and was unlucky to be paired with 31st seed Jermy's Nidoqueen-Houndoom).

Mewtrick is notorious for poor starts, with no energy drop sometimes up to 3-4 turns. Notice that Jason's version was more straightforward, with less flippy cards (no ER2's). He used 3 Scott's to ensure that he had all the necessary stadiums/admin when he needed them. He also had at least 10-11 lightning energies and 4 multis (that's 14-15 rechargeable energies).

There were actually no successful rogue decks at Worlds (on a large scale, maybe lunasol in 11-14). Maybe Jimmy's Eevolutions was the closest. Delta.dec performed miserably. All the successful performers were consistent versions of tried and tested decks (LBS,dragtrode etc). The Bannete-Medicham ex deck failed as well.

So in a diverse metagame, a tried and tested consistent tier 1 deck is superior to rogues.

DarkLugia said:
I know LBS has been rotated but I felt that it was a good choice for worlds. I believe that LBS was the strongest HL-on deck (BDIF), but not neccessarily best deck for certain metagames. It was probably one of the main reasons for the shift to non-pidgeot based decks approaching Worlds (as it was far superior to other pidgeot-playing decks). The majority of < 10, significant proportion in the 11-14 played LBS. Some LBS's made it to T32, maybe one made it to T16 in 15+.

The 'slow' LBS you were referring to was the old LBS with 2-2 steelix/magneton+electrode/jirachi dx one. My sons used this version to qualify for Worlds. But by the time we were at Worlds it had evolved to a 4 transceiver/castform/jirachi hl/latias */mew ex/POW +/- lati@s lock which was extremely speedy and consistent. It had good matchups against most decks, losing mainly to lunasol (but with the extra water attacker from lati@s made it winnable). Delta.dec(eggsraichu,mewtrick,dragtrode and others were winnable). In fact Fulop was 2nd seed in 15+ with an LBS (and was unlucky to be paired with 31st seed Jermy's Nidoqueen-Houndoom).

Mewtrick is notorious for poor starts, with no energy drop sometimes up to 3-4 turns. Notice that Jason's version was more straightforward, with less flippy cards (no ER2's). He used 3 Scott's to ensure that he had all the necessary stadiums/admin when he needed them. He also had at least 10-11 lightning energies and 4 multis (that's 14-15 rechargeable energies).

There were actually no successful rogue decks at Worlds (on a large scale, maybe lunasol in 11-14). Maybe Jimmy's Eevolutions was the closest. Delta.dec performed miserably. All the successful performers were consistent versions of tried and tested decks (LBS,dragtrode etc). The Bannete-Medicham ex deck failed as well.

So in a diverse metagame, a tried and tested consistent tier 1 deck is superior to rogues.

ok so do u mind posting a decklist of it?

the medicham-banette deck was stupid, since delcatty ex havent been released

tier 1 deck ... hard to find~ ( by urself lol)

No problems.
2-1-2 pidgeot
2-1-2 blastoise ex
1-1 steelix ex
1 latias *
1 mew ex LM
2 Jirachi HL
1 Jirachi dx
(some list palyed 1-1 latios/as, choose the delta species latias if u have lotsa stage 2 non-ex like queen, use the hp latias if u have lotsa lunasol)
2 lugia ex (can reduce to 1 if u are playing lati@s)
1 holon voltorb (trans/mentor for it so that jirachi HL can have energy)
4 PETM
4 candy
4 transceiver
2 mentor
1 scientist
2 retrievers
2 admin
3 power tree, 1 stump, 1 island cave
2 switch
2 steven's advice
1 POW
7-8 water energy (7 if u are playing lati@s)
3 castform, 1 magneton

Hope that helps.

Lbs dominated 10- with 1st 2nd and 3rd I believe
and the only thhing I know about bannette cham was that I saw my friend get 8th with it in 11-14

btw darklugia are you pokepop XD

ok thankx A LOT darklugia~ and i expect u to be pokepop from pokegym~ (since ur so pro)

superswarmpert : do u mean LBS got 1,2 and 3 in 10- ? thats pretty insane

No, he's PokePop. I'm just pokepop, as in pokemon father to my 2 sons who play. Better change my screen name as not to confuse others.

Back