LBS discussion

How do u rate original LBS deck out of 10?

• 10/10

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 9/10

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 8/10

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 7/10

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 6/10

• 5/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/10

• 3/10

• 2/10

• 1/10

• Total voters

uchihasasuke

Uchiha Sasuke
LBS - originally Lugia ex, Blastoise ex and Steelix ex.

This deck actually uses Holon's Magneton and Holon's Electrode for Lugia and using Blastoise ex's poke-power energy rain to counter the downside of returning an energy card. Strong bashing huh? Steelix ex however, i think is not fully relevant in this deck although it does make sense using the same tactic. It is true that energy or pokemon(for Holon's Magneton and/or  Electrode)retrieving cards have to be used in this deck. This deck is over awesome, whoever thought of it is a genius. But, don't forget the downsides Lugia ex for example has only 100hp a bad sign, if u agree with me all basic ex's has the common weakness of 2 prizes for around 100hp done damage. Obviously Steelix ex can knock out Lugia ex while it is still on the bench. And another downside is there are too many cards involved in this main strategy, firstly Blastoise ex stage 2, Lugia ex and Steelix ex stage 1. Many people would argue rare candy solves the complication of getting Blastoise ex into play, but don't forget ATM Rock and many devolution tactics that can be used to counter this effect. I think there are too many pokemon cards in this deck, for example this deck have to use power tree in majority of the versions becoz Holon's Magneton and Electrode are not considered as special energy cards which makes using power tree possible. Retrieving these two energy pokemon(which i like to call them) would be best by using Holon Farmer or Pokemon Retriever. Then agian, this could be countered with any attacks that can discard special energy cards  from your oponent such as Machamp's derail. If I am right, this round of worlds are formatted from ex HL to ex HP, so lets leave out cards from ex CG. Overall, i don't like this tactic, but however i really must admit and acknowledge that this is totally awesome.

If u came up with a different version of LBS or came up with a counter LBS decks, or u would like to say something i missed out on or would like to agree or disagree with any of my views, feel welcome to post on this thread.  

the steelix ex is supposed to used to deal with bench threats so it isnt pointless in the deck

lugia ex kos any active threat.
steelix ex kos or badly hurts any bench threat.
it means none of ur opponents pokemon are safe, and with the speed of blastoise ex to set up the 2 big hitters and pidgeot for fast set up, it hits fast and hard.

lol should call it LBSP or something cuz pidgeot plays a really really big role (no pidgeot out early enough usally lose) but that would mean most decks in the current format would have to be called pidgesomethingsomething o.o

heh~

LBS have:

latias*

ditto (mime)

jirachi ( any kind~)

to handle it~

i love BSL/LBS very much ( except for it's "godly" speed!) , sad it's gonna be rotated~

the main attacker of LBS is steelix, lugia is juz to handle something BIG ( stage 2 exs)

LBS is the most expensive and most dmg-doing deck ever!~

Yeah its a good deck, but for me its not a problem
I beat it in Brazil Nacional Chanpionship

My deck is relly fast, so he dunno have enought time to complete its strategies ^^

and so many other points

Alrite, looks like this deck have us all agree that it's really good. This great deck however, we all believe have weaknesses because no one voted 10/10. Conclusion is it won't win the worlds, Mewtric already did.

RE:  LBS discussion

TYranitarFReak said:
oh thats so noob thinking~

the fact is that mewtric owns LBS, thats all i can say

WOW! I won a Mew-tric twice.....So, still say Mew-tric owns LBS??? And Tyranitar Freak, could you stop with Mew-tric, it's getting quite annoying.

Anyways, I voted for 9/10. 1/10 goes for the lack of speed along with various Weaknesses like to Mynx and Lunarock which have way more speed and disruption. Next to that, Steelix EX is the main Powerhouse, while Blastoise EX is the supplier. Lugia EX is a mere tech that does lotsa damage against mirror and MMS.

To tell everyone the truth, I really don't like LBS, simply because of too many cards having to go on at the same time. I agree, that it's ingenius, and has great power behind it, but I just think it's a little bit too much. I've gone up against it a few times, but it's really no big deal, and is rather slow to get it going. There's plenty of faster decks out there, and they can hurt LBS pretty fast. I think the downsides outweigh, the positive parts of the deck. That's just my opinion, I know many people really like the deck and how it runs, but it's just not my kind of thing. As a summary, a) too many cards that are needed to pull it off. b) Powerful, but not pratical and c) rather slow, and hard to maintain.

I agree with u kitsune, but was it u that voted 3/10? Thats not fair to rate such a good deck lowly even though u think its not very good. But in reality it is not as impractical as we would at first thought, if not there wouldn't be so many people using it in the worlds, they can't be all dumb, besides they must be really good to get into the worlds.

dark guy said:
TYranitarFReak said:
mewtric shuts down it!

( disconnect + girafarig~)

well i now mewtric won world but could you explain what is the stragegi

mewtric- often T2 disconnect making a lot of deck going downhill from there ( as to remind u, this atk stops rare candy, switch, w.point, holon trans, pkm ret, ER2 , pows, reversals, SSU, stadiums, tool, fossils.....)

those about are the important cards of LBS ( and a lot of other decks)

after like T 5, if ur opponent come out with powerful pokes, mew will show u how good is versatile!! copy their strong atks ( LBS again) and kill them

i'm kinda like ' wtf? + jaw drop ' when i saw soooo many LBSs in worlds , the ppls using LBS were stupid,

flariados can easily beat them,
mewtric shuts down them
BF stops pidgeot!
D ruins and cursed stone hurts them badly!
pow block could win!

and not much LBS can even make its way to the top 8

dont they ever heard of " if u want to win play LBS, if u want to top cut, play rogue"

Back