• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Latias/Sigilyph

Pookapotamus

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
  • 3 Sigilyph (DRX)
  • 3 Latias EX
  • 2 Virizion EX
  • 1 Victini EX
  • 1 Mr Mime (PLF)

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 1 Bianca
  • 1 Colress
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Energy Switch
  • 2 Silver Bangle
  • 1 Silver Mirror
  • 2 EXP Share
  • 1 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Skyarrow Bridge
  • 1 Virbank City Gym
  • 1 Victory Piece (ACE-SPEC)

Energy
  • 4 Blend (GFPD)
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Fire Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless

Strategy
Basic Latias/Sigilyph Deck. Lock against EX and Abilities. Virizion to help with Status Conditions, and Victini for Energy Accel.

-1 Latias
+1 Supporter

You'll never need four of the same EX unless your playing a Quad of some kind, so the fourth one is a bit redundant.

I'd put in Muscle Band when we get it. You can attach it to Latias so that Barrier Break does a guaranteed 90 damage so that you can two shot any EX. It would also allow you to take out all your laser stuff since the math works so well with Muscle Band. Even Sigilyph would average at at least 90 damage a turn.

Yeah, I agree with what you are saying. Muscle Band will help, in 3 months, so for now I have to do without it.

+1 N
+1 Bianca

-1 Latias EX
-1 Sigilyph

I'm thinking of adding EXP Share, because of the fact that once Victini is out, I have no energy acceleration. Any Ideas?

This is an very interesting lockup deck. The only thing you might need an a non EX attacker other than Sigilyph just in case you encounter a mirror match with suicune/sigilyph (If you get a mirror match like that you'll end up in a looping match where you'll switch between sigil/latias where i can keep switching between say a Tornadus EX and Bouffalant). The deck also can be taken down by Rayquaza (DRX) using Shread to avoid ability and other affects (can 1HKO a Latias because it ignores effects) also Cobalion EX can go through all with Steel Bullet as well.

Also since you run 0 grass energy, i question the Virzion EX choice. Since you only have GFPD, you can search it out using emerald slash (because its a special colorless energy while its in the deck) so it only good for attaching from hand. Decent strat, but is it worth the bench space? If you can manage Virizion leave it in.

Pretty interesting deck where you can counter the meta.

Personally I thought that sigilyph and Latias were just techs, and well to my surprise someone actually went and made a deck. Nice. Apart from that if Virizion is for status then I only suggest playing 1, as it is a bench sitting tech that has no other use. Also take out 2 skyarrow and add in more virbanks, as they will be heaps more useful

I like the Skyarrow Bridge to help with Free Retreat with all of my pokemon. I also like having two Virizion because if one is prized, I can still block status conditions, which is the one loophole that can go through this deck.

Pookapotamus said:
I'm thinking of adding EXP Share, because of the fact that once Victini is out, I have no energy acceleration. Any Ideas?

I have two in my list, and it works alright. The only problem you might run into is wanting a Bangle on Sigilyph after you power it up with Exp. Share, but that's what Tool Scrapper is for.

JungleBeatz said:
The only thing you might need an a non EX attacker other than Sigilyph just in case you encounter a mirror match with suicune/sigilyph

Barrier Break goes through everything that Steel Bullet goes through, including Safeguard, so the deck won't be walled by other Sigilyphs, and it can even OHKO both Safeguarders with Laser while they can't do any damage in return because of Bright Dawn.

Mora said:
Pookapotamus said:

I have two in my list, and it works alright. The only problem you might run into is wanting a Bangle on Sigilyph after you power it up with Exp. Share, but that's what Tool Scrapper is for.

Yeah, I'm thinking of adding in a few more basic energies, as I tend to run out of them. Also, I'm taking out a Victini as once the one with the V-Piece gets KOed, then I have no use for the other one.

Changes
-1 Victini EX
-1 Pokemon Catcher
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Silver Mirror
+2 EXP Share
+1 Psychic Energy
+1 Fire Energy

I just discard the extra ones with Ultra Ball or search them out with Ultra Ball and then Juniper them away.

I don't know whether Virizion EX makes this deck too clunky with the blend, or if its a good idea to add it. On one side, Virizion helps extremely with Gothitelle, but I don't think the deck could be as consistant as possible with Virizion

Any Help?

[private]Note to Feathers: This is a bump, and as such, do not unapprove this. He is well within his rights to post this in a non-abusive way.[/private]

- 2 Virizion EX
- 2 Tool Scrappers
- 1 Victory Piece
- 1 Victini EX
- 2 Ultra Balls
- 1 Silver Mirror
- 2 Skyarrow Bridge
- 1 Bianca
- 2 Energy Switch
- 2 Silver Bangle
- 1 Pokemon Catcher
- 1 Sigilyph
- 1 Latias EX
- 1 Super Rod
- 1 Professor Juniper

+ 3 Zubat
+ 1 Golbat
+ 3 Crobat
+ 3 Rare Candy
+ 1 Mr Mime
+ 1 Virbank City Gym
+ 2 Energy Search
+ 1 Colress
+ 3 Switch
+ 1 Scramble Switch
+ 2 Energy Retrieval

I really like the idea of this deck, but with the large amount of poison in this deck I personally think it may be beneficial to run more poison affects in the deck.

My idea of the deck runs off of Sigilyph and Latias blocking out while he builds up his actual attackers. The Victini is alright but I wouldn't rely too much on it. Your energy acceleration off of Victini is based on 1 card out of 60 and 2 if you run that Victory Piece.

I reccomend 2 Sigilyph and 2 Latias and 2 Mimes. All three are great blockers and you want one of each on your bench at all times to lock down anyone. The ability to switch them in when need be (via trainers or retreat) will help you lock people out while building up your damagers.

If you plan on running Lasers and Virbanks, I can suggest putting Crobat in the deck, since his poison affect with a Virbank is 6 counters between turns as well as dealing 40 with the initial hit. That's hitting them for, basically, 100 damage once you attack. A very strong power attacker for 3 energy, plus his ability allows you to draw another card per turn. Rare Candy makes the evolution chain easier to get out.
Also 2 Virbanks is a must if your running Lasers. You have a greater chance of drawing one and that's more damage.

Scramble Switch I personally find to be a better Ace Spec in the deck over V-Piece because it allows you to switch and then move the energy from the Pokemon you switched out to the Pokemon to promoted, allowing for a a bit more efficiency with your energy.

Ultra Balls I personally dislike as a whole. The idea of discarding 2 for 1 of anything. With very low ability to retrieve the idea of discarding isn't that great, especially if your already possibly discarding with Juniper. With the low retrieval I just wouldn't suggest running more discard affects than the Junipers.

Tool Scrapper is so situation as an item the only deck I really find it useful against is a Tool Drop deck, especially if you run tools. You may affect yourself more than not.

Just like Tool Scrapper, Silver Mirror is situation, running them is very chancy.

I like Silver Bangle, especially with the mass of EX based decks out now. Although because this deck DOES lockout a lot of EXs or ability users, you don't need them as much because if you're faced against an EX he shouldn't be able to do anything to a good chunk of your Pokemon.

Virizion is really nice to help with status conditions, but so is running anything that allows you to switch your Pokemon, such as Scramble Switch and Switch.

Energy Switches are nice, but not as good as either a Scramble Switch or Energy Search. You can't switch energy from your Pokemon if you don't have any. ;)

Catchers are always nice but have become 50% less useful, running one just isn't worth the 50% chance to get the coin flip you need to hurt one Pokemon, and the chances of drawing it are a even less.

Bianca is nice but with all the draw affects in the deck as is from Juniper and Crobat you don't want to risk decking yourself, just doesn't seem worth it, especially if you run 1.

Skyarrow Bridge is great to help with retreating, but to the same respect most of the Pokemon have low retreats as is.

Energy Retrieval is a must. Gets back any energy you lost via Juniper or any Pokemon that have K.O.'d. They're better than a Super Rod because they go straight to your hand, and the chances of drawing a single Super Rod are low.

Running one of's are challenging in other decks unless you have ways to search for the, and even then it's almost not worth wasting a search because it may be in your Prize.

Just my suggestions and reasoning. It would all also pertain to a major deck change, so it's valid to just decide against my suggestions. Haha.

ProfZelkova said:
- 2 Virizion EX
- 2 Tool Scrappers
- 1 Victory Piece
- 1 Victini EX
- 2 Ultra Balls
- 1 Silver Mirror
- 2 Skyarrow Bridge
- 1 Bianca
- 2 Energy Switch
- 2 Silver Bangle
- 1 Pokemon Catcher
- 1 Sigilyph
- 1 Latias EX
- 1 Super Rod
- 1 Professor Juniper

+ 3 Zubat
+ 1 Golbat
+ 3 Crobat
+ 3 Rare Candy
+ 1 Mr Mime
+ 1 Virbank City Gym
+ 2 Energy Search
+ 1 Colress
+ 3 Switch
+ 1 Scramble Switch
+ 2 Energy Retrieval

I really like the idea of this deck, but with the large amount of poison in this deck I personally think it may be beneficial to run more poison affects in the deck.

My idea of the deck runs off of Sigilyph and Latias blocking out while he builds up his actual attackers. The Victini is alright but I wouldn't rely too much on it. Your energy acceleration off of Victini is based on 1 card out of 60 and 2 if you run that Victory Piece.

I reccomend 2 Sigilyph and 2 Latias and 2 Mimes. All three are great blockers and you want one of each on your bench at all times to lock down anyone. The ability to switch them in when need be (via trainers or retreat) will help you lock people out while building up your damagers.

If you plan on running Lasers and Virbanks, I can suggest putting Crobat in the deck, since his poison affect with a Virbank is 6 counters between turns as well as dealing 40 with the initial hit. That's hitting them for, basically, 100 damage once you attack. A very strong power attacker for 3 energy, plus his ability allows you to draw another card per turn. Rare Candy makes the evolution chain easier to get out.
Also 2 Virbanks is a must if your running Lasers. You have a greater chance of drawing one and that's more damage.

Scramble Switch I personally find to be a better Ace Spec in the deck over V-Piece because it allows you to switch and then move the energy from the Pokemon you switched out to the Pokemon to promoted, allowing for a a bit more efficiency with your energy.

Ultra Balls I personally dislike as a whole. The idea of discarding 2 for 1 of anything. With very low ability to retrieve the idea of discarding isn't that great, especially if your already possibly discarding with Juniper. With the low retrieval I just wouldn't suggest running more discard affects than the Junipers.

Tool Scrapper is so situation as an item the only deck I really find it useful against is a Tool Drop deck, especially if you run tools. You may affect yourself more than not.

Just like Tool Scrapper, Silver Mirror is situation, running them is very chancy.

I like Silver Bangle, especially with the mass of EX based decks out now. Although because this deck DOES lockout a lot of EXs or ability users, you don't need them as much because if you're faced against an EX he shouldn't be able to do anything to a good chunk of your Pokemon.

Virizion is really nice to help with status conditions, but so is running anything that allows you to switch your Pokemon, such as Scramble Switch and Switch.

Energy Switches are nice, but not as good as either a Scramble Switch or Energy Search. You can't switch energy from your Pokemon if you don't have any. ;)

Catchers are always nice but have become 50% less useful, running one just isn't worth the 50% chance to get the coin flip you need to hurt one Pokemon, and the chances of drawing it are a even less.

Bianca is nice but with all the draw affects in the deck as is from Juniper and Crobat you don't want to risk decking yourself, just doesn't seem worth it, especially if you run 1.

Skyarrow Bridge is great to help with retreating, but to the same respect most of the Pokemon have low retreats as is.

Energy Retrieval is a must. Gets back any energy you lost via Juniper or any Pokemon that have K.O.'d. They're better than a Super Rod because they go straight to your hand, and the chances of drawing a single Super Rod are low.

Running one of's are challenging in other decks unless you have ways to search for the, and even then it's almost not worth wasting a search because it may be in your Prize.

Just my suggestions and reasoning. It would all also pertain to a major deck change, so it's valid to just decide against my suggestions. Haha.

But that is a COMPLETELY different deck. I could just as easily have suggested taking out everything you suggested and putting in Blastoise and Keldeo or Darkrai and Garbodor.

Back