Latias EX Deck

Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
I'm trying to get into the TCG, and I have found some Pokemon that would fit well in a deck together:

Latias EX
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite (Plasma Freeze)
Nidoran
Nidorina
Nideoqueen (Plasma Freeze)

I was wondering how many of each card I should put into the deck, and a few Trainers that might help out. Also, should I add another Pokemon line (maybe Fire?)
I realize this deck is probably pretty bad, but I am just looking for a unique deck for a relatively low price to start off. I just need the deck to be functional. It doesn't need to win Worlds or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Ok where to start.... In this format big EX's are dominant so Stage 2 decks aren't great and 2 lines are too clunky. With Latias I'd make an Anti-Meta deck consisting of Latias-EX ans Sigilyph (Dragons Exalted). Latias can't be touched by pokemon with Abilities and Sig can't be hit by EX's. I can give you a skeleton if you want but I haven't actually built the deck.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Ok where to start.... In this format big EX's are dominant so Stage 2 decks aren't great and 2 lines are too clunky. With Latias I'd make an Anti-Meta deck consisting of Latias-EX ans Sigilyph (Dragons Exalted). Latias can't be touched by pokemon with Abilities and Sig can't be hit by EX's. I can give you a skeleton if you want but I haven't actually built the deck.
Yeah, I would love the skeleton.
But would it be possible to at least leave the one of the lines in (preferably Dragonite), or is that not useful any longer (I haven't played in years).

Pokemon 10
4 Latias-EX
4 Sigilyph
2 Bouffalant

Trainers
4 N
3 Juniper
3 Skyla
2 Colress
3 Ultra Ball
4 Silver Mirror
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Computer Search
3 Switch
2 Energy Search

Energy 12
4 Blend GFDP
6 Psychic
2 Fire

Don't know how good this is but you have 5 extra slots.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Pokemon 10
4 Latias-EX
4 Sigilyph
2 Bouffalant

Trainers
4 N
3 Juniper
3 Skyla
2 Colress
3 Ultra Ball
4 Silver Mirror
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Computer Search
3 Switch
2 Energy Search

Energy 12
4 Blend GFDP
6 Psychic
2 Fire

Thank you so much!
Which Sigilyph and which Buffalant are you referring to? (Sorry, I'm kind of new)
Since I'm kind of on a budget, how much would you expect this deck to cost?
Also, what exactly is a Blend GFDP? A Google search didn't come up with anything.
Sorry for all the questions!

Chrono said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
Pokemon 10
4 Latias-EX
4 Sigilyph
2 Bouffalant

Trainers
4 N
3 Juniper
3 Skyla
2 Colress
3 Ultra Ball
4 Silver Mirror
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Computer Search
3 Switch
2 Energy Search

Energy 12
4 Blend GFDP
6 Psychic
2 Fire

Thank you so much!
Which Sigilyph and which Buffalant are you referring to? (Sorry, I'm kind of new)
Also, what exactly is a Blend GFDP? A Google search didn't come up with anything.

Not a problem. The Sigilyph and Bouffalant are both in Dragons Exalted. Blend GFDP is blend energy with grass, psychic, fire, and dark on it

Pokewiz1999 said:
Chrono said:
Thank you so much!

Not a problem. The Sigilyph and Bouffalant are both in Dragons Exalted. Blend GFDP is blend energy with grass, psychic, fire, and dark on it
Thanks so much!
For the extra cards, I think I'll add some more energies. Might even take out a couple trainers to make room for more energies.

I would say you're fine with that amount of energy, though I would take out 1 or 2 Psychics for 2 Double Colorless Energy. I would actually recommend adding in a couple of Trainers to that list. Definitely another Juniper. You also might want to consider Random Receiver, Bicycle, another Ultra Ball, Super Rod, and maayyyybe Silver Bangle.

I'm moving this to New Player Help instead because it isn't really a list yet.

Back