• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Last minute suggestions for my Lurantis GX Deck

Vulpixy

Just your friendly neighborhood Vulpix
Hey all, I'm playing my first League Cup here this Saturday and I'm looking for some final suggestions/tweaks for my build:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 2 Lugia-EX AOR 68
* 3 Fomantis SUM 14
* 3 Lurantis-GX SUM 150
* 2 Glaceon-EX FAC 20

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Hala GRI 126
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 N FAC 105
* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Skyla BKP 122
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

##Energy - 13

* 3 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 7 Grass Energy 1
* 3 Water Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The current meta at my league is several fire decks (Incineroar GX, Volcanion, and Delphox BREAK), 2 grass decks (Lurantis/Solgaleo GX and Lurantis/Tapu Bulu), and occasionally a Lapras GX. Not sure what else might show up that day though.

Edit: forgot to add the strategy:

The goal of the deck is to use Lurantis GX to help setup Lugia EX and get Glaceon EX ready to wall off the fire decks/evo decks. As far as the Drampa GX, I keep going back and forth between him and Tauros GX. I don't have any Shaymins or Tapu Leles yet, however I'll be getting some Leles here in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Please tell the strategy, or else we cant help.

But anyways, here is what i can help with now.

2 kukui is to much while we have VS seeker switch one for another DCE

Hala is also bad, switch him for another choice band and another ultra ball.

PS use forest of giant plants

Please tell the strategy, or else we cant help.

But anyways, here is what i can help with now.

2 kukui is to much while we have VS seeker switch one for another DCE

Hala is also bad, switch him for another choice band and another ultra ball.

PS use forest of giant plants

Sorry about that, forgot to include the strategy. The goal of the deck is to use Lurantis GX to help setup Lugia EX and get Glaceon EX ready to wall off the fire decks/evo decks. As far as the Drampa GX, I keep going back and forth between him and Tauros GX. I don't have any Shaymins or Tapu Leles yet, however I'll be getting some Leles here in the next few weeks.

As for the FoGP suggestion, I did have them in the deck and it felt like it was only marginally useful as frequently I don't get to Formanits and Lurantis in one turn and it does nothing for the other 'mons.

Okay, first off, I'm not quite sure about running Glaceon or Drampa, I don't think they fit very well and the additional Energy types seem to clunk the deck up a bit. Also, if you have Tapu Lele, replace the Lugias with them, there's no advantage to running Lugia over Lele when you can also get the extra consistency. A Bulu or two if you have them would also be great, it can provide a better source of damage and you can spam it with Flower Supply. Here's a list:

Pokemon (12):

2x Tapu Bulu-GX
3x Lurantis-GX
1x Promo Lurantis (Not nessescary)
4x Fomantis
2x Tapu-Lele-GX

Trainers (34):

4x Sycamore
4x N
2x Lysandre
1x Lillie
1x Delinquent
1x Hex Maniac
4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
1x Revitalizer
2x Field Blower
4x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
4x Forest of Giant Plants

Energy (12):

12x Basic Grass Energy

I left you two open spots, for one of them I'd use an Oricorio because the Vespiquen matchup quickly goes downhill as soon as they get their Flareon. For the other, I'm not too sure what to suggest. Good luck with the deck (and the league cup) :)
EDIT: Just saw your previous post, I'd leave Lugia there until you have Leles.

A Bulu or two if you have them would also be great, it can provide a better source of damage and you can spam it with Flower Supply

atm I don't have the Tapu Bulu GX's either or else I would be running them. As for alternate attackers/combos with the Lurantis I have 2 trashalanche Garbordor, 1 garbotoxin, 3 Espeon GX, the Tauros GX, and Lycanroc GX (promo and Midnight Eyes).

atm I don't have the Tapu Bulu GX's either or else I would be running them. As for alternate attackers/combos with the Lurantis I have 2 trashalanche Garbordor, 1 garbotoxin, 3 Espeon GX, the Tauros GX, and Lycanroc GX (promo and Midnight Eyes).
If you have two Trevenant-EXes, then I think those could go fairly well here. If you don't, I'm not quite sure what else could fit. Espeon or Lycanroc would force you to add in Psychic/Fighting Energy as well as DCE which seems too clunky IMO. Tauros could be decent, and Garbotoxin sounds okay. I don't think Trashalanche would work too well either because, like I said before, the multiple Energy types, and I also just dont think it goes too well with Lurantis.

If you have two Trevenant-EXes, then I think those could go fairly well here. If you don't, I'm not quite sure what else could fit. Espeon or Lycanroc would force you to add in Psychic/Fighting Energy as well as DCE which seems too clunky IMO. Tauros could be decent, and Garbotoxin sounds okay. I don't think Trashalanche would work too well either because, like I said before, the multiple Energy types, and I also just dont think it goes too well with Lurantis.

no-go on the Trevs either sadly. I'm still building up my collection irl so my supplies are limited. If I were to add either the Espeon GX or garbs it would be in place of the Glaceons, however they're in to protect me from the Fire decks. Glaceons EX walls off the Incineroar, Delphox, and other Lurantis decks and gets a clean 1-shot on volcanion with a choice band.

I do appreciate the suggestions as it'll help me figure out what in all I want to get for the deck in the future. I'm sending in a large chunk of bulk for some store credit so I can pick up some more cards (like the leles)

Back