• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lapras-GX (Post Rotation)

Raltsies

Some guy with too much time
##Pokémon - 14

* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Lapras-GX SUM 35
* 2 Manaphy-EX BKP 32
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33
* 1 Wishiwashi SUM 44

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 N FAC 105
* 3 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 2 Guzma
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 107

##Energy - 12

* 12 Water Energy 3

Here's my attempt at Lapras Aquabox Turbo..

Suggestions are welcome

Your list looks pretty solid. Lapras would be a good choice post rotation due to Forest being rotated out.
So only real threat for it is Golisopod, which also would be good only till the hype dies, which would be couple of months after Burning Shadows.

The only changes that I would suggest is include one Glaceon EX. Crystal Ray could become viable due to all evolution decks.

Also, you could remove the Mallow cause after rotation of VS Seeker, one of supporter would decline, except for Brigette. In Mallow's place you might wanna run one additional copy of Guzma.

Edit :-
You might also include Tapu Fini GX, snipping 120 might be good. Also you would have additional GX attack option cause Guzma pretty much kills Lapras's GX.

Last edited:
^ All of these points are true. This guy knows what he's talking about. Also, play 2 Field Blower, it bumps Garbs tools, Darkrai's EXP. Shares, Golisopod's Float Stones, etc. Every deck post-rotation will need these.

^ All of these points are true. This guy knows what he's talking about. Also, play 2 Field Blower, it bumps Garbs tools, Darkrai's EXP. Shares, Golisopod's Float Stones, etc. Every deck post-rotation will need these.

What should I replace for field blower?

What should I replace for field blower?
Brock's Grit and Mallow. One-of supporters like these aren't good post-rotation, and these 2 in particular aren't very good period. You play 4 Lapras and 4 Elixirs/ Aqua Patch, so Brock doesn't really contribute to anything, and Mallow is just a bad Sycamore that combos with Octillery, which, again, one-of supporters are dead, so you'll likely not get very much use from the one copy.

Ok, so this idea is a little different, but hear me out.
So instead or running Manaphy, and the wishiwashi, and 1 lele, you run a 2-2 line of Zorark with the Stand-in ability
And then, you can drop 1 brooklet hill
drop 1 Sycamore, because discarding things without vs seeker
and you drop mallow, and then put in 3 float stone
This way, you can charge up a lapras and attack with the same one repeatedly because zorark can stand in and retreat for free

Im curious, which lapras deck would be better to run in the new format: lapras box or quad lapras? Is alolan nine tails really the inly successful water type box there is right now?

I ALMOST played this deck for this month's PTCGO tourney. I think it's quite good and has some potential in the new meta.

Your Pokemon lineup looks fine to me. I personally love the wishiwashi. There's unfortunately a lot of Pokemon that can snipe it off the bench right now which makes it worse, but having him still feels better than not. I also run only 1 Manaphy, because you really only ever need one and you never want to start it. I also don't like Glaceon EX either, because the deck requires a lot benched Pokes to operate efficiently, so Glaceon is really easy to work around IMO.

Have you tried Po Town instead of Brooklet Hill? Hill has obvious synergy, there's just so many decks that use it to set up right now, you may find more utility damaging big GXs as they evolve (which could subsequently reduce the number of Kukui you have to play).

I also played 1 Pokemon Fan Club instead of Bridgette so you can grab Manaphy and Lele.

I think Mallow is fine since you're combining it with octillery. 1-ofs aren't too bad since you're playing 3 copies of Lele, though I do prefer very simple straightforward supporter lineups in the new format. Brock's Grit could and should be cut tho.

One last thing: have you tried playing more energy? Like 14 or 15? Decks like Darkrai and Volc have really stepped up their energy counts lately with a lot of success since pretty much guaranteeing Elixirs is so good.

In regards to 1-of supporters Post-rotation, I'd say they will be better than they are currently. Lusamine seems to me like a good card; recycle a Stadium if you need to get rid of your opponent's or just lost it to a Field Blower, or just grab Supporters as needed. Should be a 2-of in a lot of decks IMHO.

Back