• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lapras / Frosmoth

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Hey y'all!
Long time no see over here in the garage. I kinda got out of the TCG for a while and even ended up selling most of my cards. However with corona I've gotten back into PTCGO and just playing casually. I've been out of the loop of the game for the past 6+ months, so I'm not entirely sure what is actually good or viable. I'm really just looking to play casually online when I'm bored, so I opened some packs and whipped up a quick list here. Hardest thing for me to be able to get a hold of would be Dedenne's, so ideally I wouldn't be using those. Besides that, I'm open and looking for all other suggestions and ideas.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 2 Type: Null UPR 115
* 2 Silvally-GX CEC 262
* 3 Lapras V SSH 189
* 4 Snom SSH 63
* 3 Frosmoth SSH 64
* 2 Lapras VMAX SSH 50
*1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX UPR 63

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 3 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 1 Mallow & Lana CEC 198
* 2 Boss’s Orders (Giovanni) RCL 154
* 2 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 2 Energy Retrieval PRC 126
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 3 Capacious Bucket RCL 156
* 4 Professor's Research SSH 201
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 2 Ordinary Rod SSH 215

##Energy - 11

* 11 Water Energy SWSHEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is a concept I've seen at least highly considered around these cards, so I don't necessarily feel the need to post a strategy or about how the deck works, but if you have any questions I would be happy to clarify.
Again I'm very rusty with this game right now, so it would awesome to receive some feedback.

~Jade

Last edited:
Deck edited with the following changes:

-1 Marnie
-1 Great Catcher

+2 Boss's Orders

Deck edited with the following changes:

-1 Marnie
-1 Great Catcher

+2 Boss's Orders

Any reason why you're not running any Capacious Bucket? It's by far the best card Lapras VMAX got with Rebel Clash.

Also something to consider is Dawn Wings Necrozma GX because it allows you to promote it to the active with it's ability so you can accelerate to the bench with Frosmoth and it has free retreat with Air Ballon which you're already running.

Hello HouchinsDJ,

What's Capacious Bucket? Haha, but in all seriousness, I think the card just completely slipped my mind. I'll look around and see what I can cut for that. Any suggestions for what to cut?

Dawn Wings is also a nice idea. I would definitely consider adding that in as well, my main question, as with the Buckets, is what to cut. I'll review my list when I get the chance and see what I can do.

I appreciate the feedback!

Silvally-GX seems clunky here since you've already got 2 envolution chains.You can replace them by Dedenne-GX to save some space.From my experience on Frosmoth/Lapras VMAX deck,3 Snom+4 Level Ball is not enough to consistently get Snom and Lapras V in your first turn.Also with Boss's Order and Dragapult VMAX in the format,you may want multi Snoms on the bench.
So my suggestion is:
-4 Silvally-GX
+2 Dedenne-GX (draw)

+1 Snom
-1 Evolution Incense
+1 Pokemon Communication (search)

-2 Viridian Forest
+4 Capacious Bucket (energy search)

-3 Lillie's Poké Doll (Boss's Order)
+1 Keldeo-V (answer to Zamazenta V)
+1 Necrozma(Dawn Wing)-GX (switch)

Last edited:
Silvally-GX seems clunky here since you've already got 2 envolution chains.You can replace them by Dedenne-GX to save some space.From my experience one Frosmoth/Lapras VMAX deck,3 Snom+4 Level Ball is not enough to consistently get Snom and Lapras V in your first turn.Also with Boss's Order and Dragapult VMAX in the format,you may want multi Snoms on the bench.
So my suggestion is:
-4 Silvally-GX
+2 Dedenne-GX (draw)

+1 Snom
-1 Evolution Incense

-2 Viridian Forest

Is keldeo v even necessary? There's always Lapras v to deal with it. The same point that you used to take out dolls can be used here (boss's orders). I agree with everything else in the additions tho. Perhaps utilizing another boss would be better and more flexible with other MU's.

I would also add another Lapras VMAX since most VMAX decks need to run 3 for prizing issues and chaining attackers.

Is keldeo v even necessary? There's always Lapras v to deal with it. The same point that you used to take out dolls can be used here (boss's orders).
You're right about Keldeo.I actually haven't pulled any Boss's Order in PTCGO so almost forgot that point.

Hello HouchinsDJ,

What's Capacious Bucket? Haha, but in all seriousness, I think the card just completely slipped my mind. I'll look around and see what I can cut for that. Any suggestions for what to cut?

Dawn Wings is also a nice idea. I would definitely consider adding that in as well, my main question, as with the Buckets, is what to cut. I'll review my list when I get the chance and see what I can do.

I appreciate the feedback!

I think the Lillie's Poké Dolls are expendable. With most decks playing 2-3 Boss's Orders, your opponent can play around it.

Silvally-GX seems clunky here since you've already got 2 envolution chains.You can replace them by Dedenne-GX to save some space.From my experience on Frosmoth/Lapras VMAX deck,3 Snom+4 Level Ball is not enough to consistently get Snom and Lapras V in your first turn.Also with Boss's Order and Dragapult VMAX in the format,you may want multi Snoms on the bench.
So my suggestion is:
-4 Silvally-GX
+2 Dedenne-GX (draw)

+1 Snom
-1 Evolution Incense

-2 Viridian Forest

In regards to the Dedenne's:
Hardest thing for me to be able to get a hold of would be Dedenne's, so ideally I wouldn't be using those. Besides that, I'm open and looking for all other suggestions and ideas.
So unless you have any that I could use, there's not much I can do about that right now unfortunately, haha.

In regards to everything else, that looks good. The Keldeo, as with other replies already made, I'm not sure about, but these are the changes I've come up with, taking all of this into account:

- 1 Evolution Incense
- 2 Viridian Forest
- 3 Lillie's Poké Doll

+ 1 DW Necrozma
+ 1 Snom
+ 1 Pokemon Communication
+ 3 Capacious Bucket

Back