• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lanturn Prime Deck

alexhabs31

Aspiring Trainer
Well, from my last thread, huge difference, got new cards, stuff happened, now once again, i need yo help to see what can be improved EVEN MORE [what card i should + and -]

Pokemon [25]
3-3 Lanturn Prime
2 Shinx [LA]
2 Luxio [Arceus]
1 Luxray [Arceus]
2 Mareep [PL]
2 Flaaffy [HGSS]
1 Ampharos [HGSS] <-- Getting Ampharos PRIME soon, so should i remove this for it?
1 Electivire FB
1 Electivire FB LVL X
1 Manectric G <--- SHOULD I SWITCH THIS WITH MANECTRIC PL?
1 Rotom [MD]
1 Uxie [LA]
1 Eevee [UD]
1 Jolteon [UD]
1-1 Togetic [UD] <--- This is only here for the move CHASE UP, Please help me take this out.

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium [21]
2 Energy Search <--- im willing to replace these
4 Bebes Search
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 Engineer's Adjustments
1 Cynthia's Feelings
1 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
1 Sunyshore City Gym

Energy [14]
14 Lightning Energy

Remember, i'm open to ANY SUGGESTIONS, anything to improve here :p

Strategy : my strategy is always to right off the bat, start setting up a chinchou to eventually turn him into a lanturn prime, which does the same thing as the electivire FB Lvl X hence the reason hes in the deck as well, since i dont want to take any damage on the bench, i can equip as many energies to power my 2 main guys
im not finding much use for that Luxray thats why im open to removing him,
Im wanting to add that Manectric PL, so i can avoid being hit on the bench while im setting up that eventual Lanturn and Electivire.
Like Jirachi, i have Togetic in there so i can use his Chase up, which makes me get whatever i want in my deck, but see, im willing to replace that with whatever works the same, id like more a supporter or trainer that can do that though, instead of an actual pokemon
i tried this deck in a couple of matches, works out well but still needs improving and im wanting some help here :)

Okay take out the evee and jolteon and togektic and togipie and you would be better of haveing two dce rather than the energy serch and that one stadium i doubt you would get that out when you would need it when it comes to stadium cards its all or none. And i would to recomend to put in an ampherose from platnium one luxray from legends awaken another electrovire fb two double collerless energy like i already said and put in a switch in there.

Hey just letting you know I accidentally hit the 2 star button on this while browsing so you can ignore that 2-star rating, sorry 'bout that.

Now that I'm here though I might as well provide some horrible advice. I'm not seeing the point of Luxray; he just seems like another attacker, so you can take him out. As mentioned, Eevee, Jolteon, Togepi, and Togetic don't serve much of a purpose, so go ahead and scrap them. I'm also not sure that the Ampharos has any real synergy with Lanturn; yes, it can attach two Lightning energy, but it wastes one of your attacks as well.

Also I'd add a few Pokemon Collectors into your deck, which will help you set up your bench a lot quicker. DCE's would be nice to power Lanturn's attack up quickly as well.

First of all, dont worry bout the 2 star thing

k so lets see

Eevee, i use it for the soul purpose of the "Call for Family" move, so i can get some Chinchou's set up on the bench and ready to prepare and Jolteon is there cuz i have eevee.

Togepi/Togetic is there like i said before to get any card i want

im actually gonna scrap eevee/jolteon and get like 2-3 pokemon collectors.

and as for Togepi/Togetic, idk what i should do to replace them

i might add in 1 DCE but other than that idk what else to do

btw about ampharos prime, i know he doesnt have any synergy with Lanturn but hes there for additional bench damage, so that when those pokemon come in, Lanturn or Evire is sure to get the kill

and i am considering getting another set of Evires FB and FBlvlX

and yes i really want to get rid of luxray, cuz he has no purpose.

Get rid of the Luxray line and instead add 3 eevee, 2 leafeon RR, and 1 Leafeon Lv.X. Reason why Leafeon can attach tons of energy in 1 turn due to plus energy and energy forcing to help Lanturn Prime to more damage and Its a decent backup attacker
Edit: Take out the manectric to make room for leafeon.

is getting a Leafeon Ladder gonna help me that much? cause i dont really see myself getting that anytime soon :S

Ok right now i don't see this working as nothing seems to help Lanturn at all. Luxray iswasted space along with the eeveelution line and amphy and Vire fb lvX (has a horrid power) The problem with Lanturn prime is there isn't anything that supports it apart from Gatr prime, but thats still quite a bad play because fitting stage 2 techs into a stage 1 deck can be risky especially if you don't have a consistent build. IMO i think you would be best off going for a straight Laturn prime build with a few added techs

4-4 Laturn prime
2-2 Manectric (This is primarily just to protect the bench
2 Uxie LA
4 Sableye SF OR Minum UL (If you can't get Sableye then get Minum)
1 Rotom MD OR Shaymin UL (I prefer Shaymin myself as i can drop it, transfer energy from 1 Laturn to another the Warp point/SSU for the benched Laturn prime)
1 Unown Q

8 {L}
4 DCE

3 Pokemon Collector
4 Bebe's Search
2/3 Energy Exchange Unit
2 Pokemon Communication

A rough skeleton build of a straight Lanturn prime deck.

quick question, if i attach a DCE, does it count as 2 energies towards lanturns attack? or just 1

DCE always counts as two energies unless an effect specifically states "energy cards", in this case Lanturn only says "all energy..." so yes it would count twice.

perfect, thank you so much ! :)

can you explain to me what i should remove/add for feraligatr prime?

because i just so happen to have gotten him in a free booster packs :)

and if not, ill just keep a 2-2 of Electivire FB and FB Lvl X due to the fact it has the same attack as lanturn

Back