TCG Fakes Lanstar's Text Based Fakes: If the Video Games Followed the TCG...

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Hello all! As much as I like the TCG, I also like playing the Video Games to some extent as well. And in the video games, the overpowered Pokemon have some kind of notorious strategy behind them that I wondered about how they would be implemented in the trading card game. In such, I'm creating text fakes with this goofy theme in mind! If you know about these video game strategies, you're going to love them. :D

To start out, I have four well created cards. Note that some of the ones could really alter the current TCG metagame... But hopefully not too much.

Talonflame-EX – Fire – HP160
Basic Pokemon

[R] Gale Wing Strike: 20 Damage. If your opponent's Active Pokemon has a [R] Weakness, that Pokemon is Knocked Out.

[R][C][C] Bird Revenge: 60 Damage. If any of your Pokemon were Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack during his or her last turn, this attack does 100 more damage and this Pokemon does 40 damage to itself.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 0

(When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.)
Ferrothorn-EX – Metal – HP180
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Iron Barbs
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an attack from your opponent's Basic Pokemon (even if this Pokemon is Knocked Out), put 4 damage counters on the Attacking Pokemon.

[M][M] Guard Press: 60 Damage. During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 40 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 3

Klefki – Fairy – HP70
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Swaggling Keys

As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, each of your opponent's Pokemon are now Confused whenever any of them become the Active Pokemon. This applies even when your opponent removes this special condition from his or her Active Pokemon (It becomes Confused afterwords).

[Y][C] Foul Play: Choose one of your opponent's Active Pokemon's attacks and use it as this attack.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 1
Shaymin (Sky Form) – Grass – HP80
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Wind Slash: 30 Damage: The Defending Pokemon can't attack during your opponent's next turn.

[G][C][C] Seed Flare: 70 Damage. During your next turn, each of your Pokemon's attacks do 40 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Any feedback is appreciated!

Here are four more I've created, which include a couple Pokemon Tools:

Mawile-EX - Fairy - HP140
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Surprise Intimidation
When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your bench, during your opponent's next turn, any damage done by attacks from the Defending Pokemon is reduced by 30 (Before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[Y] Ascension Bite: 20 Damage. Search Your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokemon and put it onto this Pokemon. (This counts as evolving this Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Resistance: Dark (-20)

M Mawile-EX - Fairy - HP190
Mega Evolution – Evolves from Mawile-EX

When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution, your turn ends.

[Y][Y] Terrifying Jaws: 80+ Damage: If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon-EX, this attack does 70 more damage. If it is not, this attack does 70 Damage to one of your opponent's benched Pokemon-EX. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance to Benched Pokemon.)

Resistance: Dark (-20)
Retreat: 2

Safety Goggles - Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

As long as the Pokemon this card is attached to is on your bench, ignore all damage done to this Pokemon by attacks and abilities (Both yours and your opponent's).

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
Choice Specs - Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The Attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached to do 40 more damage to your opponent's active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). If at any time this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon and is placed onto your bench, it is Knocked Out.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Back