Ruling Lanette's Net Search Confusion

iceman86

Aspiring Trainer
from what I understand of Lanette's Net Search, we can only look for 3 basic pokemon (excluding baby) of different types and I suppose that means the type-grass, water, fire etc.

however I once played in a league match and my opponent use Lanette's Net Search. he looked for a cyndaquil (fire), a slugma(fire) and also a Moltres EX (fire). He said different type means different name/pokemon. I asked the league organizer and he is even not sure with that. Some of my opponent's friend agreed with him (of course),so I had to stop arguing and let he use it that way.

so can anybody help me to clarify, what is the correct way to use Lanette's Net Search(EX Emerald/Sandstorm)? Is it different type (Lightning, psychic etc) or different name of Pokemon?

It Must be different types as in Fire, Grass, Electric, etc. You can only have 1 of each type. Pokemon name is Not Pokemon type. I really dont know how someone could confuse name with type, lol.

Yup, that's ok. When someone asks, What is that pokemon's type? You (should) immediately think of Fire, Psychic, Water, etc... People have been brought up that way. I seriously dont know how someone could think that Type means Name, that's quite funny.

and remember if you got a dual type like HL Hirachi (metal/psyquic) that counts for 2 basic pokemons

Q. If I use Lanette's Net Search to find three Pokémon one of them being Team Magma's Groudon (which is both Dark and Fighting), can I search for a plain Dark or plain Fighting Pokémon, or does the Groudon count for both of those types?
A. Dual type Pokémon always count as both of their types. In this case, no, you could not get a Fighting or Dark Pokémon if you chose Team Magma's Groudon. (Mar 11, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Can I get Magma's Groudon (D,F)
Hidden Legends Jirachi(M,P)
and Pikachu (L)
Will that count as 5 pokemon or 3?

Well Lanette can only search for basic pokemon so you cant get Espeon. As long as it's 3 pokemon of different types then you can use it. You cant have overlapping types though, there must only be 1 of each type.

[QUOTE/]
Q.you may search your deck for a tm's groundon and a ta's kyogre?
A.you can search for a total of 3 types.you can't search 2 Dual-type pokémon and another 1-type pokémon.oonly 1 Dual-Type and 1 1-Type,or 3 1-Type.
[\QUOTE]

Dont revive dead threads.

I'm gonna allow it this time since it is very relavant and is on the issue which many people can be confused with.

Back