• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Landorus EX / Team Magma's Camerupt

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
Landorus EX + Team Magma's Camerupt. I finally got around to trying out Team Magma Camerupt and I was impressed with its resilience with energy. I wanted to pair it with energy switch and expand beyond Camerupt EX. So I have been working on this, still being tweaked and in progress. It will lose against water decks and Toad, but I'm mostly focused on having fun with the deck while making it as good as it can instead of trying to be really competitive with it.

Pokemon: 12
  • 3 Landorus EX
  • 1 Lucario EX
  • 3-3 Team Magma's Camerupt
  • 1 Hawlucha FFI
  • 1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 2 Korrina
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Energy Switch
  • 3 Switch
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Scorched Earth
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 1 Scramble Switch
Energy: 14
  • 8 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Fire Energy
  • 2 Strong Energy

Strategy:

The idea is to get burst acceleration for Landorus EX. Camerupt can get both Fire and Fighting, so the deck relies on Energy Switch to feed Landorus. A Fire Energy on Landorus EX won't get discarded by Land Judgment, so with another energy switch it's possible to get them off in consecutive turns.

Lucario EX is for a bulk attacker not weak to water, although he has been a bit lackluster. Hawlucha is a quick threat to EX and a good floater.

Camerupt isn't completely useless as an attacker either. Although he can only hit for 60/80, his attack lets him swing an energy on to a benched Landorus EX. The damage also softens the opponent so Landorus can KO without discarding.

The 2 Strong Energy/4 Muscle Bands really help in reaching for the OHKO with Land Judgement.

I'm fine taking the autoloss to certain decks, I'm more about a consistent build and having fun with it, but I'm all ears for any easy solutions! The deck has been running fairly smooth, but it can be improved. Any input would be great!

The Landorus EX having fire energy attached is a great idea by the way. Some additions you could make:

-1 Fighting Energy
-1 Ultra Ball
You have a lot of energy in this deck which can get recycled through the Camerupt's, and with those Korrinas' you will be able to get the ultra ball.

+1 Colress
+1 Lysandre
You want a little more draw support plus you want to control their side of the field for when you use Land's Judgment.

Ever considered adding Battle Compressor to get more energy in the discard pile? With a couple Camerupt's out on the bench constantly bringing energy back from the discard pile, after your Landorus EX uses Land's Judgment with a Muscle Band attached is a deadly combo!

Last edited:
Back