• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Landorus EX / Garbodor

Robin

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4 Landorus EX BCR
    3 Trubbish LTR
    3 Garbodor LTR
    1 Mewtwo EX LTR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 2 Lysandre's Trump Card
    3 Professor Sycamore
    3 N
    2 Colress
    3 VS Seeker
    3 Korrina
    3 Hypnotoxic Laser
    1 Computer Search
    2 Evosoda
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Float Stone
    4 Max Potion
    3 Shadow Circle
    1 Lysandre
Energy:

• 6 Fighting Energy
    4 Strong Energy
    4 Rainbow Energy

Strategy:
pretty much this is lando/garb with the added bonus of taking away weakness and it's cool to see with the cards from the new set

With the Shadow Circle, your own weakness may be removed, but you won't be hitting Dark types for 2x anymore. Are you sure you want that?

darkpulse24 said:
With the Shadow Circle, your own weakness may be removed, but you won't be hitting Dark types for 2x anymore. Are you sure you want that?

XD why wouldn't you run shadow circle in a dark deck anyway? o_O plus with only one energy down yveltal will pull low damage and max potions pull all damage off again as well as lysandre's trump card re shuffling the special energy and muscle bands, garbodor sets etc. back in, also vs seekers keep the lysandre's coming (endless chain) with a strong energy and a muscle band landorus pulls 100 damage, with hypno toxic 1st turn you can deal 110 plus sleep, you can deal that every turn while max potioning, taking away all abilities and whilst having no weakness... o_O dark is probably the hardest matchup but isn't it usually a hard match up anyways??? o_O

I think you are going to want more attackers. If you get OHKOed by stuff and don't have anything ready, you are toast. Maybe Hauchula FRF or Lucario EX FRF? You could also try subbing the Garbodors for Machamp FRF lines. Just a thought.

I don't see why you have Rainbow Energy in your deck. The only reason I can think of is to use Psydrive with Mewtwo, but you're better off using X-Ball anyways. I would suggest these changes.

-1 Landorus EX; 4 Landorus is overkill. Plus you could use some more back up attackers.
-2 Evosoda; You don't have any cards to search out Trubbish. Ultra Ball is a lot more versatile.
-4 Rainbow Energy

+1 Mewtwo EX
+4 Ultra Ball
+2 Double Colorless Energy; For Mewtwo's X-Ball attack.

Mora said:
I don't see why you have Rainbow Energy in your deck. The only reason I can think of is to use Psydrive with Mewtwo, but you're better off using X-Ball anyways. I would suggest these changes.

-1 Landorus EX; 4 Landorus is overkill. Plus you could use some more back up attackers.
-2 Evosoda; You don't have any cards to search out Trubbish. Ultra Ball is a lot more versatile.
-4 Rainbow Energy

+1 Mewtwo EX
+4 Ultra Ball
+2 Double Colorless Energy; For Mewtwo's X-Ball attack.

the rainbow's are for shadow circle to get rid of weakness XD I've been running this deck for a week or so, the draw power plus vs seekers allow me to get trubbish out easily, lysandres trump card puts garbodor's back into the deck anyway and mewtwo is for versing mewtwo's, deoxys, yveltal etc. :) I have never needed more than maybe three ultra balls in a deck ever XD I might add one just to take the addition of korrina but I get a trubbiish down with draw power and then korrina for a landorus plus an evosoda, no cards discarded with ulltra ball, more efficient. 4 landorus does seem like overkill but I need to draw him 1st turn, otherwise I can get benched easy and I don't start hitting his bench :)

The Rainbow Energy sort of makes sense now. It doesn't feel right, but whatever floats your boat.

Maybe 4 Ultra Ball is overkill. To be honest, I got a little lazy in my suggestion, but you do need some so that you can actually search out the Trubbish or your single copy of Mewtwo. Again Ultra Ball is a lot more versatile than Evosoda, and the discard is really not an issue. In fact the discard can be a very good thing because it allows you to thin your deck if you know what you're doing. Either way, I wouldn't want to rely on draw power alone to get Trubbish out, especially with your current Supporter line up. VS Seeker is a very good card, but I don't think it should be used in lieu of actual Supporters. If you start with it, it can't get you a Supporter because obviously you won't have any in your discard.

Also on a closer look, it feels like you need more Float Stone. You only have two, which I don't think that's enough for Garbodor. I would say you need at least another one to use Garbotoxin effectively.

If you're worried about not starting with Landorus, perhaps you should play more Switch cards since they have the effects of both switching into Landorus at the start of the game and getting out of status, something which right now seems to be a problem for your deck. Speaking of status, it doesn't seem like you can make effective use of Lasers since you are playing them without Virbank, so if you're looking for more room for Switch, those are things you can take out. Otherwise, you could do to bump Lysandre's Trump Card down to one since you can get it back infinitely with VS Seeker, though I highly doubt you would ever need to play it twice.

Ignore my previous suggestions and consider something more like this:

-1 Landorus EX
-1 Lysandre's Trump Card
-2 Evosoda
-1 VS Seeker
-1 Shadow Circle

+2 Ultra Ball
+1 Professor Sycamore
+1 N
+1 Float Stone
+1 Switch

Following are some comments for your consideration:

• Should you ever play against decks like Seismitoad, your Max Potions may not be very effective - if used at all. I'd suggest replacing 2 Max Potion with either Pokemon Center Lady and/or Cassius.
  • Should your sole Lysandre be prized, you will not have the advantage of that card for some/all of the game. I'd suggest you replace 1 VS Seeker with another Lysandre.
  • From my experience in playing similar decks, IMO, you will encounter times when you want/need to play a Korrina, as well as a card-draw Supporter given your mix and count of yours Supporters. So, incorporating a few Bicycle can help quite a bit.
  • No Pokemon Fan Club nor Ultra Ball - how do you plan to get your Trubbish out fast? Perhaps replace the Evosoda with PFC.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back