• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Landorus EX / Crobat

AJAxeman123

Aspiring Trainer
My other deck for next year... please comment because I didn't get a single reply on my last deck...

Pokemon: 18
  • 2 Landorus EX
  • 1 Lucario EX
  • 4 Zubat (PLS 51)
  • 4 Golbat (PHF)
  • 3 Crobat (PHF)
  • 1 Shaymin EX (ROS 77)
  • 3 Hawlucha (FFI)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Korrina
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Repeat Ball
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 Fighting Stadium
Energy: 9
  • 5 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

Use Hawlucha to deal damage to setting up EX's and set up Landorus EX to use Hammerhead for as much damage as possible. If needed use Land's Judgement. Using the bats line is just to add to the damage done by Hammerhead, or for bench snipes.

Last edited:
Scoop Up Cyclone, Landorus EX, Zubat PLS, will be out of format if it is XY-On.
So here are some changes to the deck to make it fit the format and just in general.
-4 Zubat PLS
-2 Landorus EX
-1 Scoop Up Cyclone
-1 Korrina

+1 VS Seeker
+4 Zubat PHF
+2 Lucario EX
+1 Prof Birch's Observations

I added the Lucario EXs because that is the only good fighting Pokemon EX that would fit in this deck. Landorus EX is unfortunate to lose because it gives the deck more diversity.

Last edited:
So what is your though about running BABY LANDORUS it dose provide energy retrieval. As well maybe need more muscle band.

Okay sorry for the confusion... This is whatever expanded there is next season... We don't know that format so I didn't know what to put.

I'll think about the muscle band but the rest will stay. In the scenario I do, then no baby Landorus.

I have played a Lando/Bats deck for a while. Here are some recommendations:

-1 Lucario EX (This deck should be more based around Landorus, not setting up a large attacker like Lucario. If you need him anyways, you can get him through Sycamore, Korrina, Ultra Ball, ect.)
-2 Shauna (If this is expanded use Colress, N, or Professor Birch's Observation instead. Shauna is just not the best card.)
-2 Hard Charm (I don't understand why you run this, when your attached Pokemon Tools need to be Muscle Band. Unless you were gonna put it on the bats or Shaymin, because they should be on the bench anyways, not active.)
-1 Escape Rope (This card is risky, and your deck does not need this risk. You have enough Lysandre and VS Seeker to go without potentially screwing up the game, trying to switch your own Pokemon.)

+1 Professor Birch's Observation (This card is great for shuffle, and gives a potential 7)
+2 Colress (Your bench will be full a lot, with bats, Hawlucha, and Shaymin so this card is great.)
+1 Fighting Stadium (You will automatically lose the Stadium battle with only three, and trust me late-game you need it.)
+2 Switch (It will always work, and you have enough Lysandre and VS Seeker to switch their Pokemon when necessary.)

I hope I didn't miss anything, cause the other people responding think this deck is gonna be standard format. It says expanded up top, so all these changes are assuming that is what this deck is. Regardless, other than these edits the deck list looks nice, good luck with your deck building! :)

I have played a Lando/Bats deck for a while. Here are some recommendations:

-1 Lucario EX (This deck should be more based around Landorus, not setting up a large attacker like Lucario. If you need him anyways, you can get him through Sycamore, Korrina, Ultra Ball, ect.)
-2 Shauna (If this is expanded use Colress, N, or Professor Birch's Observation instead. Shauna is just not the best card.)
-2 Hard Charm (I don't understand why you run this, when your attached Pokemon Tools need to be Muscle Band. Unless you were gonna put it on the bats or Shaymin, because they should be on the bench anyways, not active.)
-1 Escape Rope (This card is risky, and your deck does not need this risk. You have enough Lysandre and VS Seeker to go without potentially screwing up the game, trying to switch your own Pokemon.)

+1 Professor Birch's Observation (This card is great for shuffle, and gives a potential 7)
+2 Colress (Your bench will be full a lot, with bats, Hawlucha, and Shaymin so this card is great.)
+1 Fighting Stadium (You will automatically lose the Stadium battle with only three, and trust me late-game you need it.)
+2 Switch (It will always work, and you have enough Lysandre and VS Seeker to switch their Pokemon when necessary.)

I hope I didn't miss anything, cause the other people responding think this deck is gonna be standard format. It says expanded up top, so all these changes are assuming that is what this deck is. Regardless, other than these edits the deck list looks nice, good luck with your deck building! :)
Thanks a lot! I will definitely use this in my deck...

But also...

-1 Silent Lab (Not helping during playtesting)
+1 Super Rod

Last edited:
Btw, I really like running Level Ball in my deck version (I run 3); they help get the Zubats and Golbats out much faster, IMO.

I would also suggest your consideration for either another Landorus EX or Lucario EX for heavy damage output which may be needed in the upcoming expanded formaat vs. a 3rd Hawlucha - which would have limited use in some match-ups.

Back