• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Landocrusher (Landorus EX / Garbodor / Swellow)

Zid

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4 Landorus EX
    2-2 Garbodor
    2-2 Swellow
    1 Mewtwo EX

Total: 13
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4x Enhanced Hammer
    3x Crushing Hammer
    4x N
    2x Float Stone
    3x Muscle Band
    3x Ultra Ball
    2x Pokemon Catcher
    4x Professor Sycamore
    3x Energy Retreval
    2x Virbank Gym
    4x Hypnotoxic Laser
    2x Skyla
    2x Switch
    2x Max Potion
Energy:

• 7 fighting

Total: 7

Strategy:

Whole idea behind this deck is slow and steady. Garbodors here to shut ability decks (blastoise/pyroar), main attackers here are Landorus' and Mewtwos a good backup for the inevitable Yveltal matchup. Swellow I love and have been wanting a deck for him, hes essentially a free catcher every turn if I need to stall or drag forward someone who's weak from lando's first attack doing damage. Poke catchers are here for the just in case, switch is almost obligatory nowadays. I run energy ret's because the low amount of energy in the deck I need some way to keep it coming back, and a reliable way to get one if lando dies.

Any thoughts

RE: Landocrusher (Landorus EX/Garbodor/Swellow)

sorry to burst your bubble but swellow makes the opponent switch they're active pokemon. you don't get to choose.

RE: Landocrusher (Landorus EX/Garbodor/Swellow)

I'm aware, but it can be used to stall out my opponent or mess with his plans (a lot of decks don't like when their actives get swapped). I mean't that I could soften up benched targets while hitting actives, and swap if I get in danger. Beauty of it all is I can keep spreading damage pretty consistently, and my energy denial (flips pending) will help with stranding poke's on the bench

and when we get strong energy in the next set lando will be able to do 70+ with band and 3 to bench then swellow swap and do another 70+/30 :) I like this concept. I would swap the catchers for Lysandres just for the guarantee switch.

mmm... I'll try it both ways :D I kind of like my supports to be draw, but Lysandre can be key in many situations! I'm gonna build this on PTCGO and try it out

Ok, played multiple games with the deck... gotta say: LOVING IT! Didn't get any Yveltal matchup's, but Lando really puts pain on stage decks. I got clobbered in a couple bad draw games, and only had 1 virgen match (bad draw), but otherwise, felt pretty solid. I got a dowsing rod in, and I'm not feeling Swellow. Garbodor is far more clutch than he is, and while I love the little guy, I think he needs cut for another non-ability poke thats a good support role. The energy retrivals are pivotal as well in this, found I lost energy quickly once a 3 energy lando dies, and even 1 energy lando does work. Max potion saved my bacon as well... overall, the grinding feel works awesome, and the hammers... man, they really make plasma hate you! haha. I'll have to think over what to cut swellow for, but Lando/Garbodor works great (Mewtwo hasn't gotten any playtime yet, lando's been doing so well!)

Edit: Ok, so few more games... Horrible matchup's I'm finding: Blastoise DECIMATES this deck. Unless you get lucky to get what you need for garb early, once they have 3 energy its GG. Butterfree rush crushed this deck, free hitting for 100 T2 essentially ended it early. And Trevenant can give this deck headaches, I got garbo out really late due to item denial (4 trevs do that) and trev is resistant to fighting, so it took FOREVER to kill one... So I don't see this deck being much competatively, especially struggling against a top deck so heavily. But its still great fun! Oh, and I found Mr. Mime makes this deck cry tears of horror

Cortel II said:
and when we get strong energy in the next set lando will be able to do 70+ with band and 3 to bench then swellow swap and do another 70+/30 :) I like this concept. I would swap the catchers for Lysandres just for the guarantee switch.

so naive ..
Landorus will be out of format at the time when you can get strong energy :p
it's obviously intencional... landorus+ strong energy = too OP

Back