Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We can now read the full card text for Dark Sylveon V and Lance’s Charizard V! Previously, both promos were partially or fully covered up.
Dark Sylveon V – Psychic – HP180
Basic Pokemon
[C][C] Disarming Voice: 30 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.
[P][C][C] Tricky Ribbon: 100 damage. Choose a random card from your opponent’s hand. Your opponent reveals that card and shuffles it into their deck.
When your Pokemon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Lance’s Charizard V – Fire – HP220
Basic Pokemon
[R][R][C] Flamethrower: 200 damage. Discard an...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ShinyMimikyu

Aspiring Trainer
They sure didn't worry about making that zard playable. Guess it's obvious which majority is gonna be interested in buying it regardless. By not printing it with relevant text, they really are just printing money and milking the collectors market.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
They sure didn't worry about making that zard playable. Guess it's obvious which majority is gonna be interested in buying it regardless. By not printing it with relevant text, they really are just printing money and milking the collectors market.
There are capturing the style/essence of the 2nd generation owner's pokemon quite well

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
200 for 3 that can be used consecutively wouldn't have been terrible in a Welder standard format. That Sylveon is just hot garbage though.

Excuse me what
I disagree about sylveon. It lets you choose the card which is arguably better than trevnoir's 2 random. Sylveon is def at least a consideration in shadow rider now that trevnoir rotated.

Nos

Aspiring Trainer
I disagree about sylveon. It lets you choose the card which is arguably better than trevnoir's 2 random. Sylveon is def at least a consideration in shadow rider now that trevnoir rotated.
It's also compatible with Ribbon Badge, so it only gives up 1 prize card.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
There's not much of a reason to use Sylveon unless you are cooking up some variant using Marnie, Path and Shadow Rider to load it.

Trevnoir is/was far stronger because 150 is enough to OHKO some GX targets - in combination with a damage ping - and a ton of single-prizers while 2HKOing VMaxes in combination with damage boosting. Trevnoir also existed in a format with legal Jesse and James/Reset Stamp, which now are banned forever, so there's much less going for Dark Sylveon than there was for Trevnoir. Maybe in expanded, but in that case people would rather go for the outright hand lock with Gardesylveon.

Last edited:

BugBoyInaButterflyExhibit

Aspiring Trainer
I find it amusing that the 1 prize Charizard from Vivid Voltage is much better than the Charizard V or VMAX I've seen. Definitely thought they'd make one that was meta relevant.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
It doesn't let you choose the card. Read it again. It's random.