• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Kygatr (Kyerum/Ferligatr) HGSS-On

Clownshateu2

RIP Pokemon TCG: 1996 - 2011.
Kygatr

646.gif
feraligatr.gif

Hey Pokebeach, here with another deck idea.

So lets take a perspective on this format. Most ideas have not formulated (though many believe that it has after Nationals) but honestly didn't. With various sets being released calls for patience, logic, and strategy. With Emerging Powers coming out, many looked forward past this "coin flip" format with the release of Beartic, Pokemon Catcher, Archeops, etc....

However, I believe that one card was well over looked, and that would be Kyerum.

Just like Gengar LVX's attack "Compound Pain", Kyerum, a massive 130 HP basic (along with his other Dragon counterparts) has two great moves, one directly leading to Gengars move itself.

One of these moves are shared by the three dragons, which is "Outrage". With Kyerum at a high HP, small bits of damage contribute to hitting 20 + 10 for EACH damage counter, which could rack up to a decent bit of damage, and overall to a damage of 140.

However, the first attack isn't where Kyerum shines. His second attack, "Glacite" for two Water Energies and a Colorless Energy, hits 30 damage. But wait, whats good about that? Oh, I forgot to say to EVERYONE of your opponent's Pokemon in play.

So the basic strategy is to set up a Feraligatr and a Kyerum and attach atleast 2-3 Waters onto Kyerum by T2-T3. By constantly hitting 30 damage to all of their Pokemon, you then proceed to use Jirachi's attack "Time Hollow" to wipe out any Rare Candied Stage 2's or Stage Ones with 60 or lower base HP (Such as Tepig, Magnemite, Yanma, COL Phanpy, Zorua, Horsea, etc....) to gain a few prizes. To counter Beartic Vileplume, you can run Zoroark to hit "Sheer Cold" and force them to retreat and can be used agianst Yanmegas aswell.

So heres the list!

Pokemon- 20
3-2-3 Feraligatr Prime
4 Kyerum
2-2 Zoroark
2 Manaphy
2 Jirachi

T/S/S- 23
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Junk Arm
4 Proffesor Oak's New Theory
2 Rare Candy
2 Proffesor Juniper
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Evolite

Energies- 15
10 Water Energies
3 Rescue Energies
2 Physic Energy

Please comment on any suggestions and thanks for looking at this! Peace!

-2 Manaphy in a water deck Mantine is better
-1 Fisherman Super Rod is better than this
-3 PETM with Mantine and Communication you won't need this

+2 Mantine best starter for a water deck, lets you quickly search out water pokemon
+2 PONT good for refresh, without Manaphy this is necessary
+2 Switch so many uses in this deck, getting a catcheref feraligatr away, getting in a mantine you collectored for, etc.
+6

Um, Dark Void. I have 4 PONTS Already.... And Manaphy is like a safe Cleffa, with constant hand refresh.

Sorry, didn't see that. In that case you have more hand refresh than you need so manaphy is totally outlcassed. I'd use those 2 spots to up Junk Arm and Rare Candy by 1 each for better consistancy.

Dark Void said:
Sorry, didn't see that. In that case you have more hand refresh than you need so manaphy is totally outlcassed. I'd use those 2 spots to up Junk Arm and Rare Candy by 1 each for better consistancy.

Its all good. But I tested Manaphy in a variety of decks. With a simple one Colorless cost, free retreat, and 30+ HP then Cleffa with no Flipping, I just find him like 2 Extra Looker's Investigations (Just for 5 cards) in my deck. However, I do like Mantine. but like you said, I have enough Communications and refreshers to pull out those Pokemon I need. Any other Ideas for this?

I have also built a skeleton of this deck and have considered adding Magnezone Prime. I have used it and it is great for late game and drawing power. I have normally added a 2-1-2 line just to make sure I get one if one is prized. To fit this in you could take out the Jirichi and physic energy along with a PONT. Try it out I think you will like the result.

Since catcher's coming to format, wouldn't it be better to run shaymin as you run jirachi? you can't use fera's power on non-water types. And opponent might stop your little jirachi build up with catcher.

^Not likely. The idea behind Jirachi is to drop it when you have Psychic energy in the discard, then promote it and use it right away. That way, the opponent can't catcher it. As far as the whole Manaphy idea, Cleffa is infinately better for the sole purpose of being able to stall. Also, never underestimate the fact that it's a free attack. If you start something other than Cleffa with a 1 retreat cost, you can use the 1 energy attachment you have for the turn to retreat, then eeeeeek your pathetic excuse for a hand away. With Manaphy, you retreat you active, send up Manaphy and.....oh wait, you can't attack. Oh well. GEE GEE.

Cleffa, although frail, is the far superior choice, IMO.

Back