• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Korrina's Lucario (Lucario EX / Landorus EX / Mewtwo EX / Seismitoad EX)

Thegoldfish

Aspiring Trainer
So this is the Main deck I've been focusing on and plan to focus on for this season. Lucario has been one of my top 5 Pokemon ever since he first showed up. This new set has gotten me back into this game again since they finally made a Full Art Lucario EX. Anyway, the deck list is as follows:

Pokemon x13:

• x2 Lucario EX [FUF]
    x2 Landorus EX [BCR]
    x2 Mewtwo EX [LTR]
    x3 Seismitoad EX [FUF]
    x2 Trubbish [LTR]
    x2 Garbodor [LTR]
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums x35:

• x4 Korrina
    x3 Professor Juniper
    x3 N
    x2 Lysandre
    x3 Ultra Ball
    x1 Random Receiver
    x1 Professor's Letter
    x1 Pal Pad
    x4 Muscle Band
    x4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    x1 Scramble Switch
    x2 Switch
    x2 Float Stone
    x1 Max Potion
    x1 Startling Megaphone
    x2 Virbank City Gym
Energy x12:

• x4 Double Colorless Energy
    x4 Fighting Energy
    x4 Strong Energy

Strategy:
Pretty much Lucario EX/Landorus EX based. Focus on powering Lucario EX/Landorus EX up with Strong Energy and a Muscle Band. Mewtwo EX for other Mewtwo EX's and other Lucario EX's. Seismitoad EX's for Trainer Lock when I need it. Garbodor for they Pyroar lock down and for another decks that rely on Abilities.

Thanks in advance for any advice or helpful hints. :)

RE: Korrina's Lucario (Lucario EX/Landorus EX/Mewtwo EX)

I too really like the Garbodor and "friends" deck. The FuF set just made my deck even stronger.

My personal preference is to run 3 Landorus EX vs. 4 Lucario EX. A Lando start with Strong energy is just amazing for setting up the opponent's field for mid-game KOs.

Why no "little" Landorus for some energy attachment acceleration?

I've also incorporated a few Bicycle in order to provide some Item-based card draw and a card that Korrina can also retrieve from the deck.

If you do replace the Garbodor line with Raichu, I'd suggest you replace the 2 Float Stones with a Pal Pad (for Supporter recovery and recycling) and a Landorus.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

RE: Korrina's Lucario (Lucario EX / Landorus EX / Mewtwo EX)

Yeah, they were, thanks.

But, tbh, I feel like "little" Landorus just doesn't fit unless I take out some Trainers.

I was thinking of doing 3 Landorus EX, but I'm also very adamant on 4 Lucario EX. So I'd have to drop something else for the 3rd Landorus EX. Bicycle seems like it would be good to use though and I'll probably try that out. Just hard to figure what to swap out XD haha.

As for Garbordor/Raichu, in your opinion, which do you prefer more and why?

I'm actually making the same deck. However, I'm using little Landorus for energy acceleration and a different snipe Pokemon. It's Stunfisk since for 1 energy, you'll do the same ability as Landorus without having to give up 2 prizes.

Anyway, Garbordor is a better bet as Abilities are still rampant in this format.

Scramble Switch isn't a great A-Spec as it's quite depends on the situation. I'd go with Dowsing Machine since it'll get you that 5th Korrina or a 3rd Lysandre or a 2nd Max Potion.

I run a very similar list although I've made mewtwo my main attacker. I run 3 mewtwo, 2 Landy, and 2 lucario. I've found garbodor to be far more useful than raichu... Raichu kills Yveltal and Lugia sure, but lucario hits through resistance, and mewtwo/ dedenne can wreck any powered up birds. (I include 1 dedenne in my list)

So in my opinion garbodor is the play!

All really valid and good comments. Thanks for all the input guys!

And yeah, I was thinking Dowsing is probably best for this deck. It already has a ton of search, so don't need Computer Search, I was messing around with Switch cause I could swap a Landy into Lucario or Vice-Versa depending on the situation.
And I'll probably keep the Garbordor lineup in since Abilities do seem to be a big thing still. XD

Anyone else have any insight? XD Deck has been updated some.

Thegoldfish said:
I believe Raichu would be the least useful since Yveltal EX and Lugia EX are not "major" threats. Garobodor is still great, but also requires some support like Switch, Float Stones, etc. And in some matches this season, Garb will not play a major role at all (e.g., mirror match which may happen quite often).

One of my Poké pals feels strongly that Hawlucha deserves 1-2 slots in this deck. I'm now a believer - the free retreat and the damage output against EX Poké have been quite useful in some matches.

TuxedoBlack said:
Thegoldfish said:
I believe Raichu would be the least useful since Yveltal EX and Lugia EX are not "major" threats. Garobodor is still great, but also requires some support like Switch, Float Stones, etc. And in some matches this season, Garb will not play a major role at all (e.g., mirror match which may happen quite often).

One of my Poké pals feels strongly that Hawlucha deserves 1-2 slots in this deck. I'm now a believer - the free retreat and the damage output against EX Poké have been quite useful in some matches.

Yeah, i've already decided on Garbador, I'd rather not have an auto loss to Pyroar. As for Hawlucha, I just don't like him. Others have used him well, but he just doesn't feel right for me.

I think this is a pretty strong build you've got going on. I have two suggestions.

I'm not so sure on scramble switch in here. I love that card, so I don't think it's a bad choice, I just feel that computer search is so strong with 4 korrina in a deck, and you have a lot of special energy. Consider using comp search, but if scramble switch works better for you, then by all means keep it.

My only other suggestion is to drop the Pal Pad for a 3rd N.

Besides those, your list seems pretty rockin'.

OblivionDvdr said:
I think this is a pretty strong build you've got going on. I have two suggestions.

I'm not so sure on scramble switch in here. I love that card, so I don't think it's a bad choice, I just feel that computer search is so strong with 4 korrina in a deck, and you have a lot of special energy. Consider using comp search, but if scramble switch works better for you, then by all means keep it.

My only other suggestion is to drop the Pal Pad for a 3rd N.

Besides those, your list seems pretty rockin'.

Yeah, I've been thinking about swapping the Scramble Switch for Computer Search. I have a lot of search already though, so, it's been hard for me to really see which benefits me more. XD

And yeah, tbh, I've been thinking of a 3rd N. I may drop the Pal Pad and try it out and see.

Thanks.

Consider running Hawlucha (goes great with your Korrina theme) or Landorus FFI. These are both situationals cards, but they can prove quite useful in a tight spot. The deck as you have it now is complently reliant on EX's for attacks. While these are all powerful Pokemon and worthy of competitive play, it's good to run a couple of Non-EX Pokemon to even out the prize trade if you need to. Hawlucha especially can do a lot of damage to your opponent's EX's for a single energy and only give up one prize in return.

Thegoldfish said:
And yeah, tbh, I've been thinking of a 3rd N. I may drop the Pal Pad and try it out and see.
IMO, this is a deck in which you do not want to run 4 Professor Juniper given the capabilities of Korrina. I've found that 4 PJs either "conflicts" too many times when I want to play a Korrina vs. a PJ or I drew through my deck faster than I wanted. I'd suggest you try replacing 1 PJ with another N. In my version of this deck, my card draw engine consist of: 3 Bicycle (which Korrina can search and get if needed), 2 Colress, 3 N and 3 PJ. This works well for me.

Definitely consider keeping the Pal Pad for it is the only way to recover and recycle discarded Supporters which you may need late game.

My Little Keldeo said:
Consider running Hawlucha (goes great with your Korrina theme) or Landorus FFI. These are both situationals cards, but they can prove quite useful in a tight spot. The deck as you have it now is complently reliant on EX's for attacks. While these are all powerful Pokemon and worthy of competitive play, it's good to run a couple of Non-EX Pokemon to even out the prize trade if you need to. Hawlucha especially can do a lot of damage to your opponent's EX's for a single energy and only give up one prize in return.

"Little" Landy just doesn't really fit in my lineup. In all my testing before, he just never really did much for me.

As for Hawlucha. I've done tests, and he has been good, but, to me, he just isn't working out as much as I'd like.

TuxedoBlack said:
Thegoldfish said:
IMO, this is a deck in which you do not want to run 4 Professor Juniper given the capabilities of Korrina. I've found that 4 PJs either "conflicts" too many times when I want to play a Korrina vs. a PJ or I drew through my deck faster than I wanted. I'd suggest you try replacing 1 PJ with another N. In my version of this deck, my card draw engine consist of: 3 Bicycle (which Korrina can search and get if needed), 2 Colress, 3 N and 3 PJ. This works well for me.

Definitely consider keeping the Pal Pad for it is the only way to recover and recycle discarded Supporters which you may need late game.

Pal Pad is staying. I'd like to fit in Bicycle's and Colress, but I'm unsure what to take out really. A lot, if not all, of my cards have their places. I've done the N to 3 and PJ to 3 change though, as I feel that is a good suggestion.

Also, changed the Pokemon lineup just a tad. Dropped Landours EX to 2 and bumped Seismitoad EX to 3. He's just really good this format, and starting with him and a DCE can really cripple your opponent early. Plus, with more and more of Seismitoad EX on my opponents side as well, Landorus EX became more of a liability to start with.

I see from the competitive decks in your sig that you are probably planning for going to competitive events (regionals, cities). I'm going to recommend that you have a second list for each of your decks incorporating BW-DRX cards for the expanded format. Maybe even just a separate deck if you'd like.

Back