• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Kokoquaza

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Pokemon: 10
3 Tapu Koko GX
1 Jolteon EX
3 Rayquaza GUR
1 Tauros GX
1 Tapu Lele GX
1 Shaymin EX

Trainers: 37
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Lysandre
1 Professor Kukui
1 Ninja Boy
1 Hex Maniac
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Max Elixir
1 Super Rod
2 Field Blower
3 Choice Band
2 Fighting Fury Belt
3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area
1 Parallel City

Energy: 13
9 Lightning
4 DCE

I've been testing a deck like this on TCGO (I don't have Leles there yet) but it's been loads of fun.

Rayquaza has been awesome in testing. Provides some chip damage and energy recovery (both strike me as something Tapu Koko GX REALLY needs). I tried Electrode EVO a bit and it was cute, but seems easier to disrupt and doesn't provide much additional purpose outside its ability.

Tauros GX is still an extremely good partner, especially with Ninja Boy in here. Its psychological warfare alongside its hard hits and threats are always great.

Even with fear of being Field Blown/replaced by opposing stadiums, Aether Paradise has been awesome and clutch a number of times. When you can't get rid of it, you think twice pretty hard. Similar sentiments for FFB, it's still really good in a world with Field Blower.

I personally am REALLY excited to try out the baby Koko coming out soon, too. Pivoting with more damage fixing options will be much loved here.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I like the idea, seems pretty solid. I would consider taking out the Paralell City for another Shaymin if thats possible (this coming from probably the only person ever to only use one Shaymin in a Vespiquen deck lol) but there's not anything really wrong with the list. I would lose one Max Elixir , an Energy, and one N for three Trainer's Mail. Other than that it seems pretty good.
P.S. Tapu Koko with Fury Belt and Aether Paradise=240HP?!?! o_O

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
I like the idea, seems pretty solid. I would consider taking out the Paralell City for another Shaymin if thats possible (this coming from probably the only person ever to only use one Shaymin in a Vespiquen deck lol) but there's not anything really wrong with the list. I would lose one Max Elixir , an Energy, and one N for three Trainer's Mail. Other than that it seems pretty good.
P.S. Tapu Koko with Fury Belt and Aether Paradise=240HP?!?! o_O
I suppose the main fear with Trainers' Mail is even more fuel for Garbodor, but hey.

My TCGO build uses the second Shaymin instead of the Lele listed anyway, but there are times where I wish I had Lele, heh.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Any other thoughts? A couple Trainers' Mail seems fine in testing. Still doing pretty well for the most part.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I have one thought now that I look at your list again, why the Max Elixirs? I would drop the Max Elixirs to two because you can use them as a backup Koko charger in a pinch. That would also make the Garb matchup less scary as well. BTW I saw your thread on Golisopod, have you tried it yet? Its insanely good. Anyways, another thought I had was to make Choice Band a one-of and do Fighting Fury Belts in their place to make Koko really hard to one-shot. I think I may have to try Koko if I can get my hands on some lol. Hope this helps!

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
I have one thought now that I look at your list again, why the Max Elixirs? I would drop the Max Elixirs to two because you can use them as a backup Koko charger in a pinch. That would also make the Garb matchup less scary as well. BTW I saw your thread on Golisopod, have you tried it yet? Its insanely good. Anyways, another thought I had was to make Choice Band a one-of and do Fighting Fury Belts in their place to make Koko really hard to one-shot. I think I may have to try Koko if I can get my hands on some lol. Hope this helps!
Max Elixir is always another good backup. I've found them generally more useful than things like Trainers' Mail. I should play more with my item counts, but Choice Band is so good to not pass up even with the extra bulk FFB gives. I'd do two minimum of it, at the least.

Recently I'm trying odd supporter techs to go along with Lele being a thing now; Psychic's Third Eye is interesting to be more choosy about what you discard (rather than wanton item discards with Sycamore), and I'm mildly curious about Misty's Determination.

I haven't tried Golisopod yet but want to at some point.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Max Elixir is always another good backup. I've found them generally more useful than things like Trainers' Mail. I should play more with my item counts, but Choice Band is so good to not pass up even with the extra bulk FFB gives. I'd do two minimum of it, at the least.

Recently I'm trying odd supporter techs to go along with Lele being a thing now; Psychic's Third Eye is interesting to be more choosy about what you discard (rather than wanton item discards with Sycamore), and I'm mildly curious about Misty's Determination.

I haven't tried Golisopod yet but want to at some point.
I actually tried Psychic's Third Eye in my Vespiquen deck a really long time ago to get rid of more 'mons, but when you have a small amount of cards in your hand it basically is like a Sycamore for that number of cards. I did like looking at your opponent's hand though, that was cool. Misty's Determination is something that sounds intresting. Another kind of weird thing i've been fiddling with is Mallow in combination with Octillery to pick up the cards you used Mallow to get, with Acro Bike to boost the combo. Anyways, good luck with the funky Supporter techs, i've always liked em :)

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
I actually tried Psychic's Third Eye in my Vespiquen deck a really long time ago to get rid of more 'mons, but when you have a small amount of cards in your hand it basically is like a Sycamore for that number of cards. I did like looking at your opponent's hand though, that was cool. Misty's Determination is something that sounds intresting. Another kind of weird thing i've been fiddling with is Mallow in combination with Octillery to pick up the cards you used Mallow to get, with Acro Bike to boost the combo. Anyways, good luck with the funky Supporter techs, i've always liked em :)
Mallow with Acro Bike is something I'm actually trying with another deck but it'd probably be good here too. Done a few games with Misty's Determination and it's actually had a couple clutch moments.

21times

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah I totally failed to see how Koko works. I completely underestimated him. A Koko deck beat me pretty good the other night. It ran 4 Kokos though. That deck also ran elixirs. I can't remember if it ran Electrode or not. I might be confusing that with a Raikou deck I faced recently as well.

But yeah Koko's for real. And if you take it to a tournament you can say, "I'm kookoo for Koko puffs!"

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Quick build update:

Pokémon - 11

* 3 Rayquaza GRI 106
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 156
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 3 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 153
* 1 Mew FAC 29
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 N PR-BLW BW100
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 1 Misty's Determination BKP 104
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116

Energy - 14

* 10 Lightning Energy 4
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Mew is in testing still but I haven't been too impressed with it, yet. Still craving the baby Koko, it'll be dang good here.

Last edited:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Mallow with Acro Bike is something I'm actually trying with another deck but it'd probably be good here too. Done a few games with Misty's Determination and it's actually had a couple clutch moments.
The most clutch moment I had with the Mallow/Acro Bike combo was in my Vespiquen deck, needed a DCE and ten more damage to OHKO their Mewtwo, so this is what I did: Mallow->DCE and Klefki->Acro Bike->pick up DCE, discard Klefki->WIN lol. Anyways, I feel like a fourth Koko would be great, I would drop the Mew even though it is a nice tech.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Yeah I totally failed to see how Koko works. I completely underestimated him. A Koko deck beat me pretty good the other night. It ran 4 Kokos though. That deck also ran elixirs. I can't remember if it ran Electrode or not. I might be confusing that with a Raikou deck I faced recently as well.

But yeah Koko's for real. And if you take it to a tournament you can say, "I'm kookoo for Koko puffs!"
And, "I'm in love with the Koko!" xD

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
The most clutch moment I had with the Mallow/Acro Bike combo was in my Vespiquen deck, needed a DCE and ten more damage to OHKO their Mewtwo, so this is what I did: Mallow->DCE and Klefki->Acro Bike->pick up DCE, discard Klefki->WIN lol. Anyways, I feel like a fourth Koko would be great, I would drop the Mew even though it is a nice tech.
I'm on the fence with it just cause I hate opening with Koko in the active!!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I'm on the fence with it just cause I hate opening with Koko in the active!!
We do have Tauros and Jolteon though, and Acerola when it drops. Have you thought about a second Tauros? It makes a great "battery" to put energy on for when you drop another Koko.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
We do have Tauros and Jolteon though, and Acerola when it drops. Have you thought about a second Tauros? It makes a great "battery" to put energy on for when you drop another Koko.
Probably, it's something I've been gravitating toward for all the work Tauros puts in.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
I'm trying Float Stones. Probably more effective here than stuff like Escape Rope. Mew didn't pan out at all. I still need to grab a second Tauros. 2 Lele is awesome, also.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I'm trying Float Stones. Probably more effective here than stuff like Escape Rope. Mew didn't pan out at all. I still need to grab a second Tauros. 2 Lele is awesome, also.
I think Tauros is actually pretty cheap, I picked up two for three packs, although that was a while back. They don't seem to be too bad right now. Float Stone does seem to be the preffered retreat method for the deck as the only things that are going to need to actually retreat are Lele and Shaymin. Also, did you end up putting in a fourth Koko? I feel like one being prized would be really bad since you wouldn't have as many Kokos to cycle.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Fourth Koko really never seemed worth it.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Rayquaza GRI 106
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 156
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 3 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 153
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club FAC 107
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 N DEX 96

##Energy - 13

* 9 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I'm still kinda just throwing stuff at the wall. Baby Koko is really nice against certain matchups. Oranguru is a recent test subject, but I think it'll be adequate here. I really have a hard time keeping energy on the board; I'd try Exp. Share but it's always struck me as ESPECIALLY vulnerable, and in the way of other tools.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Rayquaza GRI 106
* 2 Tauros-GX SUM 156
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 3 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 153
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 N DEX 96
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club FAC 107
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99

##Energy - 13

* 9 Lightning Energy 4

Another update... I'm starting to feel stuck. Garbodor is a mixed bag and Sylveon just sucks to go against. I wish there were easier ways to dump my Lightning energy into the discard, too.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Vitiel,

Nice deck. Have you considered a build with two Rescue Stretcher and one Super Rod to retrieve Tapu Koko GX and Parallel City to discard the almost knocked out ones?