• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Kokobox - Post-Guardians Rising

For sure. Once Lysander Rotates out it will be far more viable. You're not going to Lysander it out to get a KO though. With 4 retreat cost, it's a Lysander target to strand it in the active. Float Stone will be rotating soon as well meaning if you do run Muk, you need to run several copies of Switch or run a Solgaleo GX Deck.

That assumes Lysandre isn't reprinted. And even if it isn't Pokémon Catcher will still be around.

I think the current list is really good, but I would like the 4th stadium if it were me. You play 5 damage boosting tools, and even with Field Blower being introduced, I think that's a bit much. I would play a 2-2 Fury Belt/ Choice Band split and add the a 2nd Rough Seas. I would also suggest a Hex Maniac, because Hex with Tapu Lele is insane since you can get an easy T1 ability lock. I was thinking about something like this, but now I'll definitely try to make this.

I think the current list is really good, but I would like the 4th stadium if it were me. You play 5 damage boosting tools, and even with Field Blower being introduced, I think that's a bit much. I would play a 2-2 Fury Belt/ Choice Band split and add the a 2nd Rough Seas. I would also suggest a Hex Maniac, because Hex with Tapu Lele is insane since you can get an easy T1 ability lock. I was thinking about something like this, but now I'll definitely try to make this.
Hex Maniac should be a great idea actually, especially since I don't really use my abilities on the opponent's turn. I gotta tweak the OP list more, too.

Pokemon: 9
3 Tapu Koko GX
2 Tapu Koko SMP
1 Jolteon EX
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Shaymin EX

Trainers: 40
2 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
2 Lillie
1 Ninja Boy
1 Hex Maniac
1 Olympia
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Max Elixir
2 Field Blower
2 Super Rod
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Fighting Fury Belt
3 Choice Band
2 Rough Seas
2 Parallel City

Energy: 11
11 Lightning

Maybe something around these lines? If I had both Jolteon EX and the baby Koko I wonder if DCE would be worth making the room for, but you know.

Last edited:
Pokemon - 9
3 Tapu Koko GX
2 Tapu Koko SM-P
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Jolteon EX
1 Shaymin EX

Supporter/Item/Stadium - 40
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Professor Kukui
1 Ninja Boy
1 Hex Maniac
1 Olympia

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Max Elixir
3 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
1 Super Rod
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Fighting Fury Belt

2 Rough Seas
1 Parallel City

Energy - 11
11 Lightning Energy

I fixed the layout for you because it was driving me insane visually. xP

I also added in a few personal fixes that I feel will be beneficial overall. I'll explain them now.

- I added in Professor Kukui over Lillie and removed her all together along with one Parallel City to max out Professor Sycamore. The extra 20 damage is very good and being able to +1 off of it is really just icing on the cake. Alsom while I understand that you are playing 2 Tapu Lele GX, you should still be running 4 Professor Sycamore. The reason is that, quite frankly, you don't want to search for Sycamore if you don't have to. Being able to search for an N, Olympia, or Lysandre is a much, much better option when it comes to in-game utility, and so, maximizing your Draw Supporter limits your need to worry about your choices.

The reason I chose to drop a Parallel City as well is because you should want to have Rough Seas out most of the time anyway. That, and unless you absolutely need a Stadium for a deck, you really don't need more than 3 cards dedicated to that area as a whole. Two Rough Seas should enable your healing potential enough and the one Parallel City should be fine for Stadium Wars. Another thing I want you to consider is the Stadium that reduces all damage your... Basic? Lightning Pokemon take by 30. I have a feeling that could be something you may want to consider if Water Decks become powerful (then, they can't use your Rough Seas against you). Besides that, I love how the deck is turning out. Great job, @Vitiel !

Keep up the good work!

-Asmer

Pokemon - 9
3 Tapu Koko GX
2 Tapu Koko SM-P
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Jolteon EX
1 Shaymin EX

Supporter/Item/Stadium - 40
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Professor Kukui
1 Ninja Boy
1 Hex Maniac
1 Olympia

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Max Elixir
3 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
1 Super Rod
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Fighting Fury Belt

2 Rough Seas
1 Parallel City

Energy - 11
11 Lightning Energy

I fixed the layout for you because it was driving me insane visually. xP

I also added in a few personal fixes that I feel will be beneficial overall. I'll explain them now.

- I added in Professor Kukui over Lillie and removed her all together along with one Parallel City to max out Professor Sycamore. The extra 20 damage is very good and being able to +1 off of it is really just icing on the cake. Alsom while I understand that you are playing 2 Tapu Lele GX, you should still be running 4 Professor Sycamore. The reason is that, quite frankly, you don't want to search for Sycamore if you don't have to. Being able to search for an N, Olympia, or Lysandre is a much, much better option when it comes to in-game utility, and so, maximizing your Draw Supporter limits your need to worry about your choices.

The reason I chose to drop a Parallel City as well is because you should want to have Rough Seas out most of the time anyway. That, and unless you absolutely need a Stadium for a deck, you really don't need more than 3 cards dedicated to that area as a whole. Two Rough Seas should enable your healing potential enough and the one Parallel City should be fine for Stadium Wars. Another thing I want you to consider is the Stadium that reduces all damage your... Basic? Lightning Pokemon take by 30. I have a feeling that could be something you may want to consider if Water Decks become powerful (then, they can't use your Rough Seas against you). Besides that, I love how the deck is turning out. Great job, @Vitiel !

Keep up the good work!

-Asmer
Makes sense to me with the Sycamore line. Definitely agreed on Rough Seas vs Aether Paradise, though. Thank you so much!

Another concern of mine is that I feel I like a decent starting Active. Not sure it is so necessary with Koko GX's ability, but it always helps.

Last edited:
Makes sense to me with the Sycamore line. Definitely agreed on Rough Seas vs Aether Paradise, though. Thank you so much!

Another concern of mine is that I feel I like a decent starting Active. Not sure it is so necessary with Koko GX's ability, but it always helps.
Hmm... maybe you can up non-GX Tapu Koko up to 3? I mean, it wouldn't hurt necessarily, considering the card is really useful early on for spreading damage. Either that, or maybe we could just start Tapu Koko GX and use another's Ability when things start to look scary. The only other Pokemon I can currently think of that would be really good right now would be things like Tauros GX, Drampa GX, etc., but they all have GX attacks as well and I have no idea if you want to use them because of that. That said, they're still pretty good Pokemon in general.

I was also considering suggesting Raikou BKT, but he feels like he needs his own deck. Still, Shining Body is really annoying to play around, especially with Rough Seas out, so maybe that's something to consider as well.

-Asmer

Back