• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Koko GX Deck

Haarry

Aspiring Trainer
So I made a koko deck and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions and / or feedback. I was considering putting in clemonts / professors letters and possibly the evolutions electrode for fast energy attaching.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Magnemite BKT 51 - Evolving
* 2 Magnezone BKT 54 - Ability to attach energy if I pick up a Koko
* 3 Raikou BKT 55 - Secondary attacker (might replace one with shining legends raikou)
* 4 Tapu Koko-GX PR-SM SM50 - Main attacker
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155 - Obviosuly

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99 - 170 health isn't much, just for added security
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130 - If I need a koko in hand after it gets KOd
* 4 Acerola BUS 112 - Pick up damaged Kokos
* 2 Wishful Baton BUS 128 - Move energy to bench if Iget knocked out so I can set up another Koko asap
* 1 Skyla BKP 122 - Lele for any trainer I need
* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129 - Evolving magnezone
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107 - Draw support
* 2 Guzma BUS 115 - Picking off damaged pokemon
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102 - Energy attaching
* 3 Super Scoop Up BUS 124 - Picking up kokos
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163 - Get rid of choice bands etc
* 3 N FCO 105 - Draw support / opponent disruption
* 3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116 - Taking less damage is always fun
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113 - Get out pokemon I need

##Energy - 11

* 11 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Add
+1 Guzma
- Skyla don’t need because of lele
-1 aether paradise
+ 1 Tapu Lele
+2 Tapu Koko promo
- 1 fighting fury bellt
+ 2 DCE

I can try out most of those but I almost definitely can't get another Lele any time soon.

I agree with the adding Koko Promo but no way should you add DCE's just for that reason. everything about this deck screams "use lightning energy". Forget Wishful Baton and go full on with Fighting Fury Belt. Use energy retrievals to get the energy out of the discard and back into your hand so you can do whatever you want with it as well with Magnezone. Speaking of which, with only 2 Magnemites, 2 Magnezones, and only 2 Rare Candy's, I don't see how that gets setup quickly. Maybe a 2-1-2 with 3 candy's? Without having a Magneton in there you force yourself to always have to have 1 of 2 Magnezone's in your hand as well as 1 of 2 Rare Candy's and that's saying if none are prized. For sure want an extra Lele but we all understand that struggle. It took me forever to get 6 Lele's because my son plays as well so we split.

Honestly I'd just drop the whole Magnezone line.

Here's my list if you wanna take a look at it:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Raikou BKT 55
* 4 Tapu Koko-GX PR-SM SM33
* 2 Voltorb EVO 39
* 2 Electrode EVO 40
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 Acerola BUS 142
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 N PR-BLW BW100
* 2 Skyla BKP 122
* 2 Wally ROS 94
* 4 Super Scoop Up FFI 100
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

##Energy - 12

* 12 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Electrode from Evolutions is really good in Tapu Koko decks. 1 Lele isn't gonna do it and if you have only one because of money, sorry, but you need 2 for some consistency and a function in the deck that I'll get to in a momment. 4 Acerola is excessive and the deck runs great with 3. Replace it with a Super Scoop Up. 3 Guzma is needed. Wally is really good for getting that turn 1 Electrode. The best way to pull this off is if you already don't have a Wally in hand, to Lele for Wally and evolve. It's really good and makes the deck much faster. I find 2 Raikou is pretty good. 3 is not needed. Wishful Baton isn't needed. Part of the goal is when your Koko is about to get knocked out, you get out a new Koko and use it's Aero Trail ability, then either scoop up or Acerola it so you can reuse it. That's like the main focus of the deck, therefor making wishful baton useless. I also like playing fighting fury belt in this deck rather than Aether Paradise just because it's easier to hit for 170+ than it is 210+ right now, so I think fighting fury belt is the way to go, cause you really want to keep your kokos around.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back