Ruling KO-ing your own pokemon?

Chung 730

Aspiring Trainer
Alright so i was battling and my opponent gave me a really good question that i didn't have the answer for. I was using my electric deck and i had Electrode G out and i used reckless bomb where he does 100 Damage to him self. Now my question is when he kills himself does my opponent take a prize card? I think that my opponent wouldn't because he knocked himself out? Same goes for a take down move? where your Pokemon does 20 damage to its self, if it killed its self does your opponent take prize card.

Yes, your opponent takes a prize for a KO on your side of the field, unless otherwise specified on the card.

Taking a prize doesn't always have to be from the opponent's attack. If any of your Pokemon get knocked out from damage you caused then your opponent still gets the prize card(s). If you ever played the video game you can think of it as battling against a confused Pokemon. Even if that Pokemon knocks itself out from confusion your Pokemon still get the credit for knocking it out by getting the experience points.
Edit: Ninja'd.

Lunar Wing said:
Taking a prize doesn't always have to be from the opponent's attack. If any of your Pokemon get knocked out from damage you caused then your opponent still gets the prize card(s). If you ever played the video game you can think of it as battling against a confused Pokemon. Even if that Pokemon knocks itself out from confusion your Pokemon still get the credit for knocking it out by getting the experience points.
Edit: Ninja'd.

alright. Ha that sucks. Thanks

You should have asked this in a different Forum anyway.

*Moved*

dmaster out.

Back