Klinklang Viability?

So, I have run into a problem. I'm taking out a Black Kyurem EX, and I want to add a big basic that can function at least decently well when Klinklang isn't up. I was thinking Virizion NV because of its consistency and Keldeo matchup, but the energy investment when Klinklang is up seems risky.

Also, what do you guys think has caused the dramatic rise in popularity for this deck? I honestly don't know, besides slightly better consistency with Skyla.

Well, yes, but I don't think they can really get up and running without Klinklang first set up.

Lumos77 said:
Well, yes, but I don't think they can really get up and running without Klinklang first set up.

Blastoise Keldeo can barely run without Blastoise set up.

After you get energies spread across the board into play, then you can get a Klingklang to move them where you please. A T3 setup isn't that difficult.

I know, in theory. Its just at the last cities in two of my games I was forced to draw pass for about ten turns while my opponent systamatically destroyed me. I added Tropical Beach, and that should help, but I want to find a way for the deck to be semi-independent from Klinklang. Maybe I should add another Sigilyph for stalling.

Klinklang is the deck that relies the most on its stage 2. There's no getting around that without seriously hampering the effectiveness of your deck. Its why you need a very good list or it is not viable at all.

Back