• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Klinklang, But With Black Kyurem EX?

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
Klinklang EX

Pokemon 16

3-0-3 Klinklang
2 Darkrai EX
2 Keldeo EX
1 Sigilyph
1 Mewtwo EX
2 Black Kyurem EX
2 Landorus EX

Trainers 33

2 Heavy Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
4 Max Potion
4 N
3 Juniper
2 Cheren
3 Skyla
1 Tool Scrapper
4 Catcher
1 Super Rod
1 Tropical Beach
1 Computer Search

Energy 11

4 WFML
4 Prism
3 Metal

So, Klinklang. I have reservations about playing it (Landorus Ex, namely), but I’ve always loved the playstyle. You set up Klinklang and Max Potion stall to the win. But a new trick came up with Boundaries Crossed: Black Kyurem EX. Black Kyurem EX, for the most part, is not that good a card and his second attack in particular is abysmal. Until you pair him up with Darkrai and Keldeo at the same time (which is why I have 2 of both). If you Rush In Keldeo, you send B.Kyurem to the bench, resetting all conditions. Then you retreat Keldeo with Darkrai, and bring B. Kyurem back up to swing again for 150. Amazing, no? This is great with Registeel as well, allowing you to set up mulyiple 1-hit KO’s on any ex. The Sigilyph is for Keldeo EX. There aren’t really any surprises after that, its a pretty standard trainer line.
There are a couple things bothering me though. I can’t find space for another Registeel, and the Rayeels matchup seems abysmal, which not even Sigilyph can help with. Idea’s for this?

Drop Registeel for Lando EX. Lando is faster and has better attacks and typing. Registeel just isn't that great in Klingklang.

I don't like Black Kyurem EX really, as 150 isn't enough to get an OHKO. I guess the strategy with Registeel as a set up attacker is decent, but I'd rather just swing with Keldeo and/or Darkrai and accomplish the same thing basically. Also, I think you have to have at least 1 Terrakion or Terrakion EX to get OHKOs on Darkrai. I don't know the deck very well, but I'd be in favor of dropping 1 Black Kyurem for it.

Switched out Registeel for Landorus.

The reason I think Black Kyurem EX is so good is not just the Ex kills, but the 1-hit KOs on Blastoise and Hydreigon and (occasionaly) Vileplume. I know that it requires more set up, but the benefits are pretty good. If nothing else, you can use another attacker for a turn if you can't Freeze Shock. I'm not very worried about Darkrai - less so since Landorus - and if anything I would add another Landorus just to help with Rayeels.

Rayquaza from dragon vault, i know it is another dragon, but he can knock out rayquaza ex and you give only one prize card, and if you are playing against darkrai hydreigon, a T1 rayquaza can take out one or two dragon deinos
and i think a terrakion ex can help too

I would like Terrakion, but I don't know where I would find the space. Rayquaza too, but he is easily killed and that will remove 3 of my energy

@caltick he either went to worlds and did really good and won it, traded for it, or he bought it off ebay for a crap load of money.

Back