Art Gallery Kirby's Gallery!

Kirby

Gott ist tot
I apologize in advance if you were expecting drawings of Nintendo's Kirby xD

Hello! My name is (not) Kirby and I like drawing and writing. Even though I like Pokémon a lot, I usually don't draw much about it, for some reason. However, I'm planning on drawing some trainers in the near future, and I'll post them here c:

Meanwhile, you can have this picture I drew last year!
pkmn20.png

Critiques and comments are highly appreciated!

Welcome, Kirby! I'm pretty sure you can upload here non Pokemon related stuff as well. Anyway, the drawing is well done, the colors match, and the position is perfect imo. Not much to critique :] maybe making the moon bigger and the Pokemon text smaller can make it better a little bit, but that's it. Great job!

Can I just say, this is much better than anything I was expecting! I really like the sketchy style you've got going there, Kirby; I think it works wonders with the silhouettes. I like how all the shapes don't actually look perfect either, particular moon, as it nearly makes things like more real. I'm looking forward to what else you put up!

Also, you definitely aren't limited to posting Pokemon-themed artworks here. I've actually had to remove the outgoing link in your post, as that's the type of content this thread is for! ^.^

Thank you for your comments, and sorry about the link, I had no idea.

I'll definitely post more of my drawings here, would it be better to do it one by one (so you guys can focus on criticizing each, I wouldn't spam or flood, just post one every couple of days) or many on the same post?

Thank you for your comments, and sorry about the link, I had no idea.

I'll definitely post more of my drawings here, would it be better to do it one by one (so you guys can focus on criticizing each, I wouldn't spam or flood, just post one every couple of days) or many on the same post?
I would suggest one by one, so that the spotlight isn't stolen by another piece in the same post. It also gives you some content up your sleeve if you ever go through a dry period.

Great use of colors, Kirby -- very effective in setting the mood. I'm a sucker for pieces with limited pallets.

If I had any criticisms, it would be to possibly rewrite "Anniversary" at an angle, similar to "Pokémon," and to center it under the rest of the text. It would better go with the curvature of the hill, letting everything flow a bit better together. Right now, "Pokémon" and "20th" look like they're a part of the piece, but the "Anniversary" stands out in a rather jarring way.

Regardless, I'm excited to see your other work!

If you don't know her, this girl is Shinobu (the same girl I have on my avatar, by the way), from the Monogatari Series.

We had an event on my Google+ community where we voted for best character and drawing your favorites gave them points, so I drew her a few times, this is one fo my favorites. It was drawn in like 1-2 hours, so that's why the background is pretty simple (looks better inside a rectangle because it looks like the circle continues, but yeah).
NSyWa_vW8c8FSs2WeU5pA8utG3fGwrKS3-Ogis8CuxFqUOP6ZiDu4CZRAOYFSgjmOGYhu6sjcmzHYOY=w1920-h1080-rw-no

If I had any criticisms, it would be to possibly rewrite "Anniversary" at an angle, similar to "Pokémon," and to center it under the rest of the text.

Yeah, thanks... I don't usually do much lettering and when I do it's always an afterthought, however that's easily fixable c:

Back