• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

KingPhan

Gardegon

It's not easy having a good time.
I've been playing this deck for quite a while now and I'm hoping to not have to spend a lot of money on cards for a new deck, so I'm just trying to get this deck as good as it can possibly be. I believe in KingPhan!

Pokemon: 16
Horsea: 4 (UL)
Seadra: 2 (UL)
Kingdra: 3 Prime, one normal UL
Phanpy: 2 (HGSS)
Donphan: 2 Prime
Tyrogue: 3 (Self explanatory)

T/S: 29
Collector: 4
Seeker: 3
PONT: 3
Professor Juniper: 2
Flower Shop Lady: 1
Communication: 4
SSU: 3
PlusPower: 4
Defender: 2
Candy: 3

Energy
{W}: 9
{F}: 5
Rainbow: 2

Strategy: Pretty self explanatory. Use T/S to get out the evolutions and hammer off quick 60s. I don't know the game too well right now, like what decks are commonly used now, but like I said before, I believe in KingPhan.

16 Energy and three Tyrogue seems a bit much. Perhaps you should drop some for more draw Supporters or for some Pokemon Catcher? You definitely need more draw cards to let you go through the game, and Catcher can help you get easier prizes.

I'd also recommend bumping up the Donphan line to like 3-3 or something. Lightning is HUGE in this metagame.

Futachimaru said:
16 Energy and three Tyrogue seems a bit much. Perhaps you should drop some for more draw Supporters or for some Pokemon Catcher? You definitely need more draw cards to let you go through the game, and Catcher can help you get easier prizes.

I'd also recommend bumping up the Donphan line to like 3-3 or something. Lightning is HUGE in this metagame.

So you're saying drop Tyrogue to 2 and get rid of 4 energy for Catchers and 2 more Supporters? Which supporters??

~GG

Honestly I'd just pull Tyrogue in general, the meta has really bulked up on what basics are being played. If you want to run a baby play Cleffa. Kingdra takes a hit with the solid amount of Lightning in the format so I'm not really sure how good of a play it is anymore.

Brendan said:
Honestly I'd just pull Tyrogue in general, the meta has really bulked up on what basics are being played.

I'm not a huge fan of Tyrogue in this meta, but cheap prizes on Tynamos are really nice. Not that you don't have a hard time with Eels, though.

Have you thought about Max Potion as well?
Donphan is only using one energy to hit for 60 (120 to lightninig) I would be using max potion to heal him?
Also I would want some switch in there. If you are going to add max potion I would remove Super Scoop Up. Switch will help avoid a donphan being catcher bait, or if it's just stuck there at a bad time...Also if you are wanting to use the non prime kingdra as a fire counter you would need DCE as well I wouldn't run more then one Tyrogue (as above)

Bump donphan up to 3-3 at least. 75% of this metagame is ZekEels, which is why Kingdra is vulnerable to Catcher KOs.

Personally, in my Donchamp deck, I've had pretty good results with Judge. Donphan doesn't need so much set-up, y'see. Judge basically slows the game down, and when you need less cards to set up your strategy than your opponent does, it really helps! Of course the opponet could simply counter Judge's effects with their own hand-refresh card too...

I'd run another attacker. I don't think just donphan and kingdra may last long. Less defender and plus power and more draw power may also help.

Back